Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E Release v1.3

;2273704']We've tested 1.2 version today...

Seems like there is a missing ACE_canLift entry in config' date=' ACE slingloading should work as it's supposed to if you'll add it.

ACE fastropes somehow also worked with no issues on Hardcore model. Not sure about the others, last time they had issues I mentioned.

Also the default Norrin fastropes still can get bugged - if you deploy ropes multiple times in quick succession, pilot gets multiple "Release ropes" actions with only one of them actually realeasing ropes. Remaining ones stay there no matter what you do and will clutter your action menu...[/quote']

hey konyo first off awesome chopper myself and my mates love it my question is: is there a timeline on this i'm a member of the 7Cav more specifically a pilot within their ranks and myself and another are gonna try pitch to them to have this added to our selection of vehicles but without the ability to sling things with ace its gonna make it a bit more difficult i'd edit it myself but can never figure out how to open up the config file, also strangely a old bug appears to have come back where the only chopper that can extend its own ropes for us anyway atm is the fixed ramp version other then that the mod is awesome

hey konyo any clues on how long the ACE sling ropes issue is gonna take to sort i've been wanting to pitch the addition of this awesome chopper to the 7Cav as a pilot within there ranks i think we need this chopper over the stock ch-47's, i'd try it myself but clueless on how to open bin files very nicely done on this btw it is a awesome chopper ;)

Edited by JamesonD

hey konyo first off awesome chopper myself and my mates love it my question is: is there a timeline on this i'm a member of the 7Cav more specifically a pilot within their ranks and myself and another are gonna try pitch to them to have this added to our selection of vehicles but without the ability to sling things with ace its gonna make it a bit more difficult i'd edit it myself but can never figure out how to open up the config file, also strangely a old bug appears to have come back where the only chopper that can extend its own ropes for us anyway atm is the fixed ramp version other then that the mod is awesome
hey konyo any clues on how long the ACE sling ropes issue is gonna take to sort i've been wanting to pitch the addition of this awesome chopper to the 7Cav as a pilot within there ranks i think we need this chopper over the stock ch-47's, i'd try it myself but clueless on how to open bin files very nicely done on this btw it is a awesome chopper ;)

Sorry, what do you mean a timeline of this?

& Yes, the ACE Sling is currently fixed I just havn't yet released it yet. Just alot to release it for just ACE Slingropes. Ill release it when i have something more to add :D

Sorry, what do you mean a timeline of this?

& Yes, the ACE Sling is currently fixed I just havn't yet released it yet. Just alot to release it for just ACE Slingropes. Ill release it when i have something more to add :D

oh thats fair enough man was just wondering when nxt release is just curious so i can say there's a fix coming to sort the issue thats all sorry for the double post after i posted first 1 it didnt show for me on here so figured i had forgot to post lol

I was speaking to 'astast' a few months ago about the static C-130 you can HALO jump out of, included in Operation Arrowhead. Anyway long story short; discussion came up about making a static version of the MH47 with a openable & closeable ramp excatly the same as the static C-130 which you can HALO jump out of. How many of you mission maker's would be interested in this?

Sounds interesting, as long as you supply the proper sound directly / externally, so it won't be as quiet as the static C-130J provided in ArmA2.

I too save as .png and then into .paa via text2view. Don't think .tga makes any difference? Maybe I'm wrong and someone will correct me on that :D

I only save to .tga then to .paa as that's the way i learnt, when i started making addons back in OFP. I dont think .tga makes any difference either :)

Sounds interesting, as long as you supply the proper sound directly / externally, so it won't be as quiet as the static C-130J provided in ArmA2.

I will copy it over and keep everything the same :D

Just removing all unwanted/unseen parts to save on CPU usage.. Mind you I have to workout how the static C-130 was done yet :p

I only save to .tga then to .paa as that's the way i learnt, when i started making addons back in OFP. I dont think .tga makes any difference either :)

Not only that, when previewing in Buldozer you have to wait for the .tga texture's to convert ;)

Also... Check this out : https://twitter.com/i/#!/konyoWebs/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FRKLGv9AF

Not only that, when previewing in Buldozer you have to wait for the .tga texture's to convert ;)

Oh, i normally convert the textures before adding the to a model, i never let Buldozer do the converting. Nice screenshot :)

I was speaking to 'astast' a few months ago about the static C-130 you can HALO jump out of, included in Operation Arrowhead. Anyway long story short; discussion came up about making a static version of the MH47 with a openable & closeable ramp excatly the same as the static C-130 which you can HALO jump out of. How many of you mission maker's would be interested in this?

*Raises Hand :p

*Raises Hand :p

*Raise the other hand :P

Would love something like that!

Also, here's a short preview video showing the ATV script tryteyker built for the next release of the MH-47E :D

Awesome stuff! Is it possible to set the vehicle init for the ATVs when they're created?

The script doesn't mess with the ATVs. I've built in two methods of use, one via init.sqf which adds the action to every ATV on the map at mission start, and one for manual use. It's completely addAction based, and if you're talking about creating ATVs midmission and adding the action to them, simply use the variable name and then add the action (eg. _atv addAction ["Attach ATV","attachatv.sqf"]), where _atv is the variable name you assigned to the vehicle (eg. _atv = createVehicle ["US_ATV_EP1",(getpos player),0,[],"FORM"]).

Hi tryteyker!

Great work.... Instead of parachuting the ATV, is it possible to keep the ATV inside the MH-47?

The MH-47 could land, disembark troops + the ATV....

I think it's more realistic...

If you're below 25 m you can easily disembark and eject the ATV. It's still gonna push it out to avoid any conflicts with the model, but it won't parachute it. The reason why I didn't just detach the ATV when the Chinook is completely on the ground is because I ran into multiple problems with the model, and it was not possible to board the ATV properly, so instead the ATV gets pushed out when below 25m.

Also depending on the speed (below 15 or above 15 m/s) the ATV is going to be pushed harder. General rule here is the slower you are, the harder the push. Reason here is because sometimes the ATV got stuck & I had to keep an eye on Chinook speed as this automatically affects the ATV.

//Edit:

What about the boat recovery script? Any chance of that being implemented.

If you mean the one Kempco added for his HALO script (well I think it was Kempco), then no. According to my tests nothing bigger than an ATV fits into the Chinook. The problem here is that the object cannot overlap with the seats, because if the object touches the inner sides of the Chinook, it's going to explode, same for the Chinook. I've tested adding a boat but with no success (I tried all variants of small boats).

Not sure if it matters or helps any. But I was able to use a CRRC with a Extract script, and pull up to the helicopter, put the boat in & fly off without exploding. But that is with scripts, and extract. Not quite sure if that helps with anything related to what RyanHunter was talking about, but kinda seems to. Can upload the mission if wanted. Uses the existing CRRC script off of AH.

I'd love to take a look at that, so if you could shoot me a PM with the mission it'd be nice. What kind of boat was in the mission though? The small black boat from the US Army didn't work when I tested it, but I'll probably test it again.

I'd love to take a look at that, so if you could shoot me a PM with the mission it'd be nice. What kind of boat was in the mission though? The small black boat from the US Army didn't work when I tested it, but I'll probably test it again.

Sure I'll PM.

Alright, I'm starting to work on a CRRC equivalent script and I MIGHT be able to fit 2 CRRC's into the MH-47E. However I don't want to stall release as this script is taking baby steps atm, so don't expect the script to come with the next version. So far I managed to attach 2 boats successfully into the Chinook, but it requires a bit of flight testing, and I also have to rewrite the whole ATV script to adjust it for the boat, because it isn't flexible. Ultimately it's up to Konyo to wait for this or not, but as I said it's really going forward in baby steps.

Alright, I'm starting to work on a CRRC equivalent script and I MIGHT be able to fit 2 CRRC's into the MH-47E. However I don't want to stall release as this script is taking baby steps atm, so don't expect the script to come with the next version. So far I managed to attach 2 boats successfully into the Chinook, but it requires a bit of flight testing, and I also have to rewrite the whole ATV script to adjust it for the boat, because it isn't flexible. Ultimately it's up to Konyo to wait for this or not, but as I said it's really going forward in baby steps.

I'll wait for the script if that's ok, don't rush it though because I still need to finish a few things on the Chinook before it's released anyway :D

I'll wait for the script if that's ok, don't rush it though because I still need to finish a few things on the Chinook before it's released anyway :D

I won't rush, as I already told you on Twitter it'll probably take a week or two until I get the basics done and fix the exploding boat stuff. If you plan to release in that time go ahead, I don't want to stall things

I won't rush, as I already told you on Twitter it'll probably take a week or two until I get the basics done and fix the exploding boat stuff. If you plan to release in that time go ahead, I don't want to stall things

No problem buddy :)

If you're below 25 m you can easily disembark and eject the ATV. It's still gonna push it out to avoid any conflicts with the model, but it won't parachute it. The reason why I didn't just detach the ATV when the Chinook is completely on the ground is because I ran into multiple problems with the model, and it was not possible to board the ATV properly, so instead the ATV gets pushed out when below 25m.

Also depending on the speed (below 15 or above 15 m/s) the ATV is going to be pushed harder. General rule here is the slower you are, the harder the push. Reason here is because sometimes the ATV got stuck & I had to keep an eye on Chinook speed as this automatically affects the ATV.

//Edit:

If you mean the one Kempco added for his HALO script (well I think it was Kempco), then no. According to my tests nothing bigger than an ATV fits into the Chinook. The problem here is that the object cannot overlap with the seats, because if the object touches the inner sides of the Chinook, it's going to explode, same for the Chinook. I've tested adding a boat but with no success (I tried all variants of small boats).

i believe you can fit 2 utility humvees into the back of the mh47 well i say believe i know as we were testing it out to see whats what with the chopper