Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E Release v1.3

No it's more of the first guys loading into the chopper can provide some sort of rear door security since the m134's can't shoot back there. And they don't go that high if I'm correct; they stay low to avoid radar detection and nap of the earth flying to surprise their targets (less noise and visibility).

Edit: Please focus on this for a future update, let's get the current 1.1 out there; it's been rough waiting... :P

I think chinooks prefer to have height to play with, they're a little too big to be flying NOE, if they have a object come up quickly they're a little too heavy unlike Attack helos; i know XH-6's don't go much higher than tree level for both surprise and safety due to their lack of armor and Attack helos generally fly fairly low to and from but loiter high up (between 1-2km's from target) to have extra height to maneuver with and more time in the case of a Missile traveling at them.

Yes, but this is a SOAR aircraft. I believe they are all extremely lightened to fly NOE. So not only is it a MH47, but it belongs to SOAR. Course, I could be wrong.

Here ya go: http://www.boeing.com/rotorcraft/military/mh47e/index.htm

Low-level, high-speed flight for infiltration and exfiltration of special operations teams at night and in adverse weather
Edited by SpectreRSG

Yes, but this is a SOAR aircraft. I believe they are all extremely lightened to fly NOE. So not only is it a MH47, but it belongs to SOAR. Course, I could be wrong.

MH-47s from soar do fly noe on missions they also fly very fast, this allows them to be vissible for only a short amount of time so they wont be targeted by fire from rpg's and whatever the enemy might have. I dont know if they do it on all missions but i know they did in afghanistan.

Regards

MH-47s from soar do fly noe on missions they also fly very fast, this allows them to be vissible for only a short amount of time so they wont be targeted by fire from rpg's and whatever the enemy might have. I dont know if they do it on all missions but i know they did in afghanistan.

Regards

Of course they probably do fly low in height, that's my mistake. But i doubt they fly as low as littlebirds as there simply too big to do that, they have a massive blade span and dont forget that huge fuel probe hanging from the front lol. I know in Medal of Honor they fly low in a version of the MH-47E without the fuel probe, so they dont have to keep an eye on that etc, but still not as low as littlebirds?

Of course they probably do fly low in height, that's my mistake. But i doubt they fly as low as littlebirds as there simply too big to do that, they have a massive blade span and dont forget that huge fuel probe hanging from the front lol. I know in Medal of Honor they fly low in a version of the MH-47E without the fuel probe, so they dont have to keep an eye on that etc, but still not as low as littlebirds?

Well a Danish SF guy named Thomas Rathsack made a book about he's life as a "danish jaeger" he also goes in to details about an insertion on the top of a mountain in afghanistan conducted by 160th SOAR using the mh-47d where they flew in an average height of 15-20 feet. They couldn't land at the primary LZ so they had to land on the top of that mountain.

Again, the only benefit the A/MH-6's have over the 47's are their physical size and a wee bit better performanced due to that, so yes, 47's aren't as nimble as a Little Bird, but for the size they are, they're quite mobile. All SOF aircraft are, MH-60K included. Everything is lightened to the max for mobility. Anyways, it's just a suggestion, I think if you had to make one ACE compatible for the ST_LBE to work, it would have to be the Fixed Ramp. If you feel time/effort not to do it at all, your call, but it was an idea and would be pretty bad ass.

Any word on getting 1.1 up and out?

I think if you had to make one ACE compatible for the ST_LBE to work, it would have to be the Fixed Ramp. If you feel time/effort not to do it at all, your call, but it was an idea and would be pretty bad ass.

Any word on getting 1.1 up and out?

I'll have to look into it, maybe send the guys who made the Littlebird Enchance mod, no promise's though :p

Not yet, hopefully tomorrow night, if not Sunday/Monday.

I just went through a fresh RPT as well, saw a bunch of errors with the 47 v1.0 as well. I'll put the error in the spoiler tag below, dont know if these will be addressed in 1.1. I'm using both fixed and non fixed ramp in my mission.

Strange convex component52 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component53 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component54 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component55 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component64 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component65 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component67 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component68 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

kyo_MH47E_Ramp: Glass1_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass1

kyo_MH47E_Ramp: Glass2_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass2

kyo_MH47E_Ramp: Glass3_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass3

kyo_MH47E_Ramp: Glass4_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass4

kyo_MH47E_Ramp: Glass5_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass5

kyo_MH47E_Ramp: Glass6_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass6

In Vehicle: kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d missing driver get in direction point

In Vehicle: kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d missing cargo get in direction point

In Vehicle: kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d missing gunner get in direction point

kyo_mh47e\wreck\svelto.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

Strange convex component52 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component53 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component54 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component55 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component64 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component65 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component67 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component68 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

kyo_MH47E_base: Glass1_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass1

kyo_MH47E_base: Glass2_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass2

kyo_MH47E_base: Glass3_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass3

kyo_MH47E_base: Glass4_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass4

kyo_MH47E_base: Glass5_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass5

kyo_MH47E_base: Glass6_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass6

In Vehicle: kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d missing driver get in direction point

In Vehicle: kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d missing cargo get in direction point

In Vehicle: kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d missing gunner get in direction point

I just went through a fresh RPT as well, saw a bunch of errors with the 47 v1.0 as well. I'll put the error in the spoiler tag below, dont know if these will be addressed in 1.1. I'm using both fixed and non fixed ramp in my mission.

Strange convex component52 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component53 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component54 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component55 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component64 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component65 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component67 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component68 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d:geometryView

kyo_MH47E_Ramp: Glass1_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass1

kyo_MH47E_Ramp: Glass2_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass2

kyo_MH47E_Ramp: Glass3_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass3

kyo_MH47E_Ramp: Glass4_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass4

kyo_MH47E_Ramp: Glass5_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass5

kyo_MH47E_Ramp: Glass6_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass6

In Vehicle: kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e_ramp.p3d missing driver get in direction point

Strange convex component52 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component53 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component54 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component55 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component64 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component65 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component67 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

Strange convex component68 in kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d:geometryView

kyo_MH47E_base: Glass1_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass1

kyo_MH47E_base: Glass2_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass2

kyo_MH47E_base: Glass3_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass3

kyo_MH47E_base: Glass4_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass4

kyo_MH47E_base: Glass5_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass5

kyo_MH47E_base: Glass6_destruct - unknown animation source HitGlass6

In Vehicle: kyo_mh47e\kyo_mh47e.p3d missing driver get in direction point

No none of them are corrected :p

But it works fine anyway so i wouldnt worry about it all :D

All SOF aircraft are, MH-60K included. Everything is lightened to the max for mobility.

In a word...No. If anything, the SOF support aircraft (SOAR or otherwise) are heavier due to the ASE, ammo, and armor blankets.

TTPs change, and even vary from service to service. What altitude one particular aircraft flies will depend on the mission and the threats in the area. There is no one right answer...but 12-15 feet is doubtful.

In a word...No. If anything, the SOF support aircraft (SOAR or otherwise) are heavier due to the ASE, ammo, and armor blankets.

TTPs change, and even vary from service to service. What altitude one particular aircraft flies will depend on the mission and the threats in the area. There is no one right answer...but 12-15 feet is doubtful.

Yes read it again and it was more like 30-40 feat sorry for that mistake guys

Regards, astast

Regardless on the altitude and/or scenario, it would be a nifty little addition to that fixed ramp 47 (if it can be done)

Regardless on the altitude and/or scenario, it would be a nifty little addition to that fixed ramp 47 (if it can be done)

You would think so but in reality the most you're going to get is suppressing fire, firing from a attached position is nearly imposable (i've tried it many times on many aircraft.), for a accurate shot is annoying enough when you're using freelook to aim but worse when the slightest movement by the pilot is exaggerated when sitting on he back.

You would think so but in reality the most you're going to get is suppressing fire, firing from a attached position is nearly imposable (i've tried it many times on many aircraft.), for a accurate shot is annoying enough when you're using freelook to aim but worse when the slightest movement by the pilot is exaggerated when sitting on he back.

Precisely.. Would be difficult shooting a target from a moving chopper.

Anyway, back on topic. I was talking to astast about a version of the MH47E without the fuel probe. For those of you who have played Medal of Honor Warfighter you would of noticed there's a version in there without the fuel probe. Myself and astast think it looks pretty sexy without the probe haha! So is it a good idea adding more variants of the MH47E for different types of missions.

Konyo it will be difficult but not impossible :p anyway nice news any update on the MH-47E with the two M240 at the back ?

Konyo it will be difficult but not impossible :p anyway nice news any update on the MH-47E with the two M240 at the back ?

It's not difficult it should take about 10 Min's maximum :)

& nope no news on that yet, totally forgot about it to be honest haha!

Wow this is just awesome. But I've had some minor issues when the AI can't get out of the helicopter and get stuck on the guy standing near the ramp. Would also be cool if you could switch the helicopter controls to the copilot. :)

Konyo- I think other versions would be great for a variety to show up in a mission. Are there any plans on making the flag changable inside of the cargo area? (from US to UK for example?)

Wow this is just awesome. But I've had some minor issues when the AI can't get out of the helicopter and get stuck on the guy standing near the ramp.

Will look into this.. Is that when the AI are riding in back as cargo? Or when there getting out as gunners/copilot?

Are there any plans on making the flag changable inside of the cargo area? (from US to UK for example?)

Nope ;) ...However I could always make the flag used by hidden selection, so you can assign your own flags in missions?

Edited by konyo

Hidden selections would be great since (IMHO) all those flags etc are just for posing(not that i'm annoyed or anything) - just that I don't see much of that in combat vids/pics (only in military commercials and Act of Valor)

Hidden selections would be great since (IMHO) all those flags etc are just for posing(not that i'm annoyed or anything) - just that I don't see much of that in combat vids/pics (only in military commercials and Act of Valor)

There was a flag in the mh-47 from act of valor??

Never noticed that :s

Don't remember, but there was one on a SOCR(a continiuity error since later after rappelling scene it's gone) and one of the crew members of the MH had a big ass "in god we trust" velcro patch on his FAST helmet=)))

I'm actually having an issue with the guys getting stuck when they're disembarking from the read as well, and in a few cases dying as well

That was among the first things I reported the next day after release =)

People should be spawned on the rear ramp and not at the pilots cabin for maximum bugproof dismounting methinks.

I like the flag, nice little touch of detail :D

Even if people didn't want the flag, they could always put there logo on it, heck even if they didnt want it completly they could put a transparent texture in it so it dosent show up, if people don't like it that much :p

I'm actually having an issue with the guys getting stuck when they're disembarking from the read as well, and in a few cases dying as well

Is that with the AI getting out as ride in back? Or your crew getting out from left gunner & right gunner etc?

Edited by konyo