Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

ARMA 2: OA beta build 96476 (1.62 MP build)

So Lods are back to the way was in 1.6?

I've been wondering the same thing. Haven't been able to test it yet.

Two weeks since last beta and one fix, not including the LOD change which was said to have been made already? What is going on over there, BIS?? :p

- developing ArmA 3

- developing ArmA 2 patches

- developing ToH patches

- developing Linux binaries

- developing Carrier Command

It looks like there is a lot going on at BIS.

Yes, sorry Ka-52, not 50.

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

And yes, commit 96074 is part of this beta patch, but it is not marked as s Patch:Fix, therefore it is not in change log.

So can you please test LODs as well?

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

Holidays:cancan:

Yes, this is true.

Cool,

I was yesterday with another player on the same kamov on MP,but when he started shooting rockets there were only shot fires but no explosions !

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

And yes, commit 96074 is part of this beta patch, but it is not marked as s Patch:Fix, therefore it is not in change log.

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

Yes, this is true.

Did someone go to Limnos? :p

Quick test and the LOD issue have indeed improved for me using this build, more testing later.

/KC

Yep, it seems to be back to 1.60 LOD handling. Much better and more stable IMO. It's basically a non-issue now. Tested in Bystrica and Takistan. More testing later.

Myke;2216984']- developing ArmA 3

- developing ArmA 2 patches

- developing ToH patches

- developing Linux binaries

- developing Carrier Command

It looks like there is a lot going on at BIS.

Pffft, they should just ditch all that other stuff and work on ArmA 2/3 exclusively. ;)

Just had a fly across all islands and joined a server to test multiplayer - LODs and FPS much better generally but the foliage LOD problems still occur in the two ACR islands with certain trees. It must be a problem with the textures in ACR? Somtimes the trees don't change from low to high LOD until you are 50m beyond them - if you look to the rear while flying they change to high LOD much too late.

Something that seems to have started a while back is a freeze for 30 - 60 seconds or so when you initially join a server lobby. Your ping in the list stays at 0 during the freeze then changes to the normal value and you can click on OK to join the game from the lobby. 1 in 10 occasions the game stops responding and I am forced to ctrl+Alt+delete and end the game with task manager.

or problem with LODs itselfs ... (could be incorrect color, quality, shape or missing altogether)

Yes, this is true.

I tested last nite and is wayyyyyyyyyy better!Not perfect but much much better than before this patch! Big thanks!

LODS still happen but just like 1.6 was!

Exactly,thanks for searching for the ticket ! i hope it gets fixed somewhen (Arma 3 included :p)

Fixed in next beta patch.

LOD issue clearly improved with this beta in my case.

LOD's are loading very well, in fact I would say "fixed".

I would just like to ask could this have any effect on the known graphics problems that the Mod DayZ is having.

Since I installed this patch I have had no gliches whatsoever.

I keep on going in and out of Stary Sobor camp just to provoke the problem but without success.

Thanks.

LOD's are loading very well, in fact I would say "fixed".

I would just like to ask could this have any effect on the known graphics problems that the Mod DayZ is having.

Since I installed this patch I have had no gliches whatsoever.

I keep on going in and out of Stary Sobor camp just to provoke the problem but without success.

Thanks.

No. The artifacts are a DayZ problem, and I still have them with the newest Beta patch!