Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

ARMA 2: OA beta build 96476 (1.62 MP build)

Thank you! I only wish the changelog would be a little more "friendly". I can't understand most of the stuff in the changelog

Don't see any massive changes in the server atleast.

It's using a new geo location provider.

BE support!?

I'd highly doubt it seeing as it just came out.

BE support!?

Usually some hours after beta release as it has been answered many times before.

You can always try to connect to a BE enabled server and see if you are kicked.

Yes, i know that. How if they pull BEta Patches when BE support is allready available!?

Nobody is stopping you from playing with a stable patch or an older beta if you have no patience waiting for a mere 2 hours.

Even if you are a DayZ player - those servers won't have the latest beta right away.

I guess because BI (Bohemia Interactive) and BI (BattlEye Innovations) are 2 different companies, one must first release the patch for the other to add support. And the time delay for BE support has been always there and probably will be in the future too.

Update tomorrow, 99% it will be BE supported.

Suma

BI Developer

Jun 2001

Czech Republic

Originally Posted by KeyCat

Revert it to 1.60 LOD system.

/KC

Done in 96074.

Wait for the next beta.

Ondrej Spanel, BIS Lead Programmer

LODs?

Suma

BI Developer

Jun 2001

Czech Republic

Originally Posted by KeyCat

Revert it to 1.60 LOD system.

/KC

Done in 96074.

Wait for the next beta.

Ondrej Spanel, BIS Lead Programmer

LODs?

Well I guess they either ran into some problems or they have discovered what causes the LOD Problems and are working on a fix.

"or they have discovered what causes the LOD Problems and are working on a fix" I hope! :rolleyes:

Hi, this patch is just because of Ka-50, which had troubles to aim rockets (and therefore not shooting at all).

No other major improvments or fixes.

Two weeks since last beta and one fix, not including the LOD change which was said to have been made already? What is going on over there, BIS?? :p

Two weeks since last beta and one fix, not including the LOD change which was said to have been made already? What is going on over there, BIS?? :p

Suma's entry said the LOD fix was "done" in an earlier build (96074). I think Dr. Hladik has either overlooked mentioning it or considers it a regression fix, which typically BI does not comment on in the release notes. Time to test and see if LOD switching has actually improved. ;)

Suma's entry said the LOD fix was "done" in an earlier build (96074). I think Dr. Hladik has either overlooked mentioning it or considers it a regression fix, which typically BI does not comment on in the release notes. Time to test and see if LOD switching has actually improved. ;)

Suma did not say that!He said was going to be "done" in build 96074 which never came out! So LODs has not been fixed yet! They are probably working on it!He was going to revert back to the way was in 1.60.

Its all in here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137726-LOD-switching-issue-since-1-62

Edited by Grillob3

Hi, this patch is just because of Ka-50, which had troubles to aim rockets (and therefore not shooting at all).

No other major improvments or fixes.

Do you mean the Russian Ka-52 Kamov? I can't find a Ka-50 in A2 CO, only in Arma 1.

I engaged a tank with Ka-52 S-8 rockets using both 1.62 vanilla, beta 96465, and this beta. The AI gunner appeared to engage properly in all 3. :confused: I guess I'm missing something.

Was there a ticket for this issue (other than https://dev-heaven.net/issues/5750)?

Edited by OMAC

Suma did not say that!He said was going to be "done" in build 96074 which never came out! So LODs has not been fixed yet! They are probably working on it!He was going to revert back to the way was in 1.60.

Its all in here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137726-LOD-switching-issue-since-1-62

You are misreading that post. Suma said is was DONE in build 96074.

So where is 96074 then? :bounce3:

Within 96476? Or 96465 which was released only hours before? What are you waiting for ...

Edited by Guess Who

So where is 96074 then? :bounce3:

It's just a revision number. Just because something was implemented at that point doesn't mean there must be a matching beta build. Any later beta (such as this one) should include the change.