Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation 0.1.6 Released!(Updated)

.........yes yes yes yes - I'm listening all of you very carefully.I only assume that you all mostly SP mod players as I never saw you in big battles in ic arma,charly foxtort,aas agw or other big events 100+ players ...most writers on this forums only play in forums :)......

Even make working model of metis or javelin will be great job good luck.

1. You are being way of topic, and again, you fail to understand the scope of this mod and thus the thread

2. I haven't seen you either in any of all of the IC tournaments (where i actually been part of ALL campaigns played), nor ATOW, nor CF (where i played only 2-3 campaigns).

3. I am patiaently waiting to see your first addon/mod released to fix the mentioned issues

One maybe not so small request:

All your stuff has it´s own sounds. Is it somehow possible to deactivate that?

yeah it is, write your own replacement config?

Don´t be angry with me, I know you are very proud of your work, but honestly JSRS Sounds are better than yours and the upcoming JSRS 1.5 will top everything. That why I ask if it is possible to make your stuff use vanilla sounds since it would be altered by JSRS that way (at least that is what I think).

no one is angry, but your being pushy...

Hmm maybe an optional RHS mini Soundmod? :confused:

I fear that RHS Stuff will miss out on many features of JSRS 1.5 (First person Sound Script, Indoor script, Distance script, reworked vehicle sounds with distance script etc.) and would therefore be less atractive to play.

My own opinion, not really speaking for RHS here: people are making mods for themselves. The fact that they don't take into consideration any other mod BUT the game is something that should actually be the norm, not the other way around. That goes for ACE (which i actually have been part of), or JSRS or anything alike.

Regarding "the RHS Stuff" as you call it: i disagree with missing out full heartily. in the end if you wanna use JSRS sounds, you are more than welcome to create your OWN sound replacement configs.

1. You are being way of topic, and again, you fail to understand the scope of this mod and thus the thread

2. I haven't seen you either in any of all of the IC tournaments (where i actually been part of ALL campaigns played), nor ATOW, nor CF (where i played only 2-3 campaigns).

3. I am patiaently waiting to see your first addon/mod released to fix the mentioned issues

I remember you very well.I understand your administration position on these forums and not will do any more discussion here.I have 40 videos on my youtube channel with games and 40 more was deleted but I can upload them again for you.

IC ARMA I managed to play only last campaign under squad commanding of Big G.Played most CF except may 2-3 before they close down.I understand that really hard for you as administration member read my thread about bugs in game.It is not simple I understand.If I will be in your position I will be not very happy that someone trolling and trolling about game problems.Unfortunately I'm not programmer to do mods,otherwise I'm not play this game due to lack of time.As programmer people very demanding these days :)I'm not see any problems with my posting.May be guys will do good model of metis (as russian army weapon) and will proud for it ?I'm more creative person then only user and always think if you create something the more popular your product the more proud you will be.Sorry if someone thinking another way around.I apologies if my messages bring you bad feelings.Will never happens again.

I cant comment on weapon sounds, Im sure they are very good. But vehicle sounds in JSRS... Those are ridiculous! Track noise is way too loud, both inside&outside, or engine sounds doesnt even resemble the original. Inside sounds are also horrible. I actually drove a few russian vehicles (T-55, BMP-1, MTLBu for example), so I exactly know what Im speaking about. Inside, the roar of the engine is deafening, and you cant hear the track noise at all, even when turned out. Outside track noise is audible only about 50 meters away. Closer you dont really hear it due to the engine. Farther, you dont hear it due to distance.

You should really tell that to Lord Jarhead, maybe he´ll change something in his mod.

About writing a replacement config:

I certainly would (at least for the AK Sounds, they bother me the most, vehicle sounds are ok) but I lack the knowledge to do so.

Therefore I just have to see if someone else will do it.

References are surely not the problem, we have masses of them yet it isnt just a retexture job but due to the new uniforms different cut new models are needed.

Pantiflex started workign on them a good while ago yet it has been a while since i heard from him so currently i cant really tell you when to expect the new units, till then you have wonderful Flora wearing units to play with.

About the sounds, i definatly like Lord Jarheads work a lot and use it when not playing AFRF, personally i would find it great if he could revisit some of the russian sounds maybe using ours as reference or even workbase.

Cant speak for all sounds we use but the vehicle sounds are approved by guys that know how they sound in relaity from driving these vehicles like Lazarus above.

So a cooperation fo this kind surely would be awesome, as this isnt so likely to happen for now we keep our sounds.

we have made an evolution mission that uses almost all of the russian mods around including this one

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128994-GITS-Evolution-%28new-main-thread%29/page23

one comment from us - is it possible to set a more gameplay convenient snorkel height?

we are playing ovaron map because it has a lot of rivers and bridges and wanted to use the snorkel fitted armour to go amphibiously around the choke points (bridges)

however the rivers are too deep

from a gameplay perspective (forget reality!) it would be great to make the T80 go fully amphibious once the snorkel is fitted - this minor unreality would make the whole use of the snorkels with their fabulous animations and modeling a real perk in the game.

the snorkel will probably work ok in duala and lingor but ovaron rivers are too deep!

we can probably config patch it (for our private use) but better to ask here first!

pop in sometime if you want to see your mod rolling in full glory (with full range of aircraft and weapons and units to support)

egg

References are surely not the problem, we have masses of them yet it isnt just a retexture job but due to the new uniforms different cut new models are needed.

Pantiflex started workign on them a good while ago yet it has been a while since i heard from him so currently i cant really tell you when to expect the new units, till then you have wonderful Flora wearing units to play with.

Yeah, I am aware about different cuts and the need of creating new model for digital flora, since you stated that before several times here and on other forums. I surely have no problem with present flora camo, because, as I said many times - your infantry models are amazing, imo they are the best models for A2 at present (well, Operation Frenchpoint have great infantry models too, but yours still beter (zBrush modeling, no?) :)), which will look great even in upcoming A3. I really hope that other mods will take up the gauntlet and do their models on the same level. So I just trying to help anyway I can :)

Indeed they look good and yes afaik theyre done in zBrush but theres the catch, who else can help us with further units if Pantiflex has no time for modding.

Thats why in these regards atm not much happens, yet v.0.2 will have some awesome new vehicles.

yet v.0.2 will have some awesome new vehicles.

This is interesting, any small preview? Or traditional wait untill release? :D

Lots of new things will be coming. More than ever before I think. Previews will come a little later.

Lots of new things will be coming. More than ever before I think. Previews will come a little later.

True story.

True story.

Very true story.

Abs

Very true story.

Abs

even more than alex actually knows. story? true.

Iv'e never seen so many true stories:biggrin:

thats how Spanel brothers looked, when AFRF came out :P

I'm sure noone at BIS even cared when AFRF came out :)

This is awesome, the mod is outstanding as it is, What a great team!

I'm sure noone at BIS even cared when AFRF came out :)

who would, it was just low quality opfor, before afrf came out :D

another true story, if everything what's been discussed on rhs forums would get released instantly, i gues everyone who reads this topic would spit their teas/coffees on their monitor or choke.

but just wip screenshots of "boomsticks", "wheels", "tracks", "long range tubes" is enough for that...

oh $**t, i said too much...

Edited by Gedis

I suggest all the class name subject to the faction name "AFRF", which is quite important for editor use.