Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation 0.1.6 Released!(Updated)

Test Report

BMD1:

Main Cannon: Perfect

Missiles: Missile still hits above the cross but I think I like it this way, you really have to guide the missile instead of just pointing the cross at the target. The Missile itself has a nice flight path and good speed. Job well done!

BMD2:

Main cannon: Perfect

Missile: The Missile seems to be a little unstable (flies up and down) but it is still ok.

BMD2M:

Main cannon: Not zeroed properly. If I set it to 1600 the shoots will still land 50m too far. Integrated Laser gives different reading than the ACE laser (ACE=1600[correct] Integrated=1640) is it possible to remove the Integrated if ACE is detected?

BMP1: Perfect

BMP2:Perfect

I really like the changes you have made to the missiles. They are fun to control and you need a little bit of skill if you want to hit something. Now that they are not lightning fast anymore, and now that they have a burning engine, the can be controled very easily.

Good work.

Edited by Tonci87

Test Report

BMD1:

Main Cannon: Perfect

Missiles: Missile still hits above the cross but I think I like it this way, you really have to guide the missile instead of just pointing the cross at the target. The Missile itself has a nice flight path and good speed. Job well done!

BMD2:

Main cannon: Perfect

Missile: The Missile seems to be a little unstable (flies up and down) but it is still ok.

BMD2M:

Main cannon: Not zeroed properly. If I set it to 1600 the shoots will still land 50m too far. Integrated Laser gives different reading than the ACE laser (ACE=1600[correct] Integrated=1640) is it possible to remove the Integrated if ACE is detected?

BMP1: Perfect

BMP2:Perfect

I really like the changes you have made to the missiles. They are fun to control and you need a little bit of skill if you want to hit something. Now that they are not lightning fast anymore, and now that they have a burning engine, the can be controled very easily.

Good work.

Thanks! The BMD-2M is a strange case, very hard to zero it off properly for some reason due to the compensation between sight and cannon offset. I dont know why the Ace laser gives different reading :S and its not possible to turn off the integrated one if ace is present unfortunately. Same problem with T80, there even worse because the vanilla zeroing and the ace fcs conflict so it becomes useless. But turning it off completely is also not an option because then people without ACE will be without zeroing :(

Leave it as it is, people don´t have to use the ACE Laser if there is an integrated one.

Bonus:

ATGMS (Propably Maljutka) IRL, thankfully not a single one has hit it´s target

Bonus:

ATGMS (Propably Maljutka) IRL, thankfully not a single one has hit it´s target

Probably Maljutka or Maljutka-M. No wonder, since it is MCLOS. Maljutka-P is far more accurate (80-90% hit probability), but we dont have that in our mod.

Will be nice if you could do complete product - not only RU mod.With fixed bugs.As most weapons/vehicles bugged in a2/oa fixing bugs in weapons config(similar to BMP2) you can make great mod.

I'm talking about official tickets in dev forum and may be not confirmed features.For example most common feature is enabling tank turret on electric engine, not using main engine give you possibility firing without being tab to lock.Or command engine OFF in action menu.There are many of them.....

There a lot of players want to play realistic games with simple mod.Without tab to lock auto locking,locking behind view distance.SP9 underpowered,Tow too fast,metis/javelin not working as should etc...PR mod did some nice things but not many maps allowed and they not finished.....

Dayz show example when even mod can be very popular if it will be attractive, simple and effective....

Edited by kotov12345

Will be nice if you could do complete product - not only RU mod.With fixed bugs.As most weapons/vehicles bugged in a2/oa fixing bugs in weapons config(similar to BMP2) you can make great mod.

I'm talking about official tickets in dev forum and may be not confirmed features.For example most common feature is enabling tank turret on electric engine, not using main engine give you possibility firing without being tab to lock.Or command engine OFF in action menu.There are many of them.....

There a lot of players want to play realistic games with simple mod.Without tab to lock auto locking,locking behind view distance.SP9 underpowered,Tow too fast,metis/javelin not working as should etc...PR mod did some nice things but not many maps allowed and they not finished.....

Dayz show example when even mod can be very popular if it will be attractive, simple and effective....

I fear the RHS team isn´t that big and they don´t have that much time to fix the stuff our dear BIS devs are payed to fix.

You obviously fail to see our scope here.

Tonci87

hvala (thank you) for pointing that out

kotov12345

It would be nice if we were full time payed modders too, please understand that we do this in our spare time as a hobby and most people have no idea of the hours involved in making this mod already.

We also have real life jobs, kids, family and friends which are a priorty in life because we need to eat and feed our families. Mods don't grow on trees.

Please remember this is still an early release and there will be alot more coming but we take it a step at a time and as i said before the hours involved are very time consuming and our goal is to make Russian Armed forces mod for this game, not fix all the bis bugs.

Edited by vasmkd

There a lot of players want to play realistic games with simple mod.Without tab to lock auto locking,locking behind view distance.

play in expert mode - there is no lock at all :)

Offer your help to iron the so-called bugs.

Edited by ProfTournesol

.........yes yes yes yes - I'm listening all of you very carefully.I only assume that you all mostly SP mod players as I never saw you in big battles in ic arma,charly foxtort,aas agw or other big events 100+ players ...most writers on this forums only play in forums :)......

Even make working model of metis or javelin will be great job good luck.

.........yes yes yes yes - I'm listening all of you very carefully.I only assume that you all mostly SP mod players as I never saw you in big battles in ic arma,charly foxtort,aas agw or other big events 100+ players ...most writers on this forums only play in forums :)......

Why would they want to make a Javelin?

Another question.

How do I get the AI controled giant rocket artillery to fire? The description in your wiki didn´t work...

Epic post. No, we simply understand how much HARD work it is to make a FREE mod on FREE time, most of us are modders in a way or another, not only sitting on our lazzy a** waiting for others to do the job for FREE. At least you should try to be GRATEFUL.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Can this mod be downloaded via SU? Sorry for question like that, but i didnt find it in SU list.

Can this mod be downloaded via SU? Sorry for question like that, but i didnt find it in SU list.

It's on Play With Six, dunno about SU.

I was checking out your homepage under UNITS and noticed nothing mentioned about Spetsnaz units.

Um....do you guys have them in the mod?

One maybe not so small request:

All your stuff has it´s own sounds. Is it somehow possible to deactivate that? Don´t be angry with me, I know you are very proud of your work, but honestly JSRS Sounds are better than yours and the upcoming JSRS 1.5 will top everything. That why I ask if it is possible to make your stuff use vanilla sounds since it would be altered by JSRS that way (at least that is what I think).

I was checking out your homepage under UNITS and noticed nothing mentioned about Spetsnaz units.

Um....do you guys have them in the mod?

Nope, thats why they are not in the documentation....

One maybe not so small request:

All your stuff has it´s own sounds. Is it somehow possible to deactivate that? Don´t be angry with me, I know you are very proud of your work, but honestly JSRS Sounds are better than yours and the upcoming JSRS 1.5 will top everything. That why I ask if it is possible to make your stuff use vanilla sounds since it would be altered by JSRS that way (at least that is what I think).

I can't say anything for certain about this. We very much like our sounds and feel that they are right. We could revert them to BIS originals but then the people who don't play with JSRS get sort of left out which we do not like either.

Nope, thats why they are not in the documentation....

I can't say anything for certain about this. We very much like our sounds and feel that they are right. We could revert them to BIS originals but then the people who don't play with JSRS get sort of left out which we do not like either.

Hmm maybe an optional RHS mini Soundmod? :confused:

I fear that RHS Stuff will miss out on many features of JSRS 1.5 (First person Sound Script, Indoor script, Distance script, reworked vehicle sounds with distance script etc.) and would therefore be less atractive to play.

Hmm maybe an optional RHS mini Soundmod? :confused:

I fear that RHS Stuff will miss out on many features of JSRS 1.5 (First person Sound Script, Indoor script, Distance script, reworked vehicle sounds with distance script etc.) and would therefore be less atractive to play.

We can't keep on aligning ourselves under every other mod :P

We can't keep on aligning ourselves under every other mod :P

Concur. It is extremely difficult to interact with mods that affect "bottom level" settings that affect all inheritance. Of course it goes without saying that you try to get your mod to behave properly so inheritance doesn't break. Sometimes you can get them to play nicely together, but at some point as a mod maker you have to establish the boundary of your mod. Perhaps the other mods can be altered to play nicely with YOURS! ;)

I cant comment on weapon sounds, Im sure they are very good. But vehicle sounds in JSRS... Those are ridiculous! Track noise is way too loud, both inside&outside, or engine sounds doesnt even resemble the original. Inside sounds are also horrible. I actually drove a few russian vehicles (T-55, BMP-1, MTLBu for example), so I exactly know what Im speaking about. Inside, the roar of the engine is deafening, and you cant hear the track noise at all, even when turned out. Outside track noise is audible only about 50 meters away. Closer you dont really hear it due to the engine. Farther, you dont hear it due to distance.