Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation 0.1.6 Released!(Updated)

Thanks for the advice, I wonder what happened to the colonel stagler units, will try to send a private message.

Thanks

Edited by LDU30
post approved + merged.

By the way: as far as I know the VDV troops switched their BMDs to BMPs quickly after entering Afghanistan. So the use of BMP-1s in your mission would be historically more accurate.

If I'm not mistaken they were rearmed with BMP-2D and BTR-70. 103th VDV division during Afghan deployment even had T-62M company in it.

If i remember correctly, once there was a discussion here about RHS T-55/62 pack. Am i right ?

Any w.i.p. on that ?

If i remember correctly, once there was a discussion here about RHS T-55/62 pack. Am i right ?

Any w.i.p. on that ?

All the information on wip will be released as it is ready. We cannot say anything for certain at this point. A bit closer to release we have absolute determination whether a certain addon will make it into the next version of the mod. Until then it would be very harsh to state that something is coming only to postpone it later much to the disappointment of our fans.

Is there any chance that you will redo loading screens? You see, I'm playing at 1600x1050 and current loading screens is a bit small for that resolution. Besides the logo is too big, no details can bee seen because of it, and screens themselves are a bit dull. But I saw a lot of nice screens on your MDB page, so maybe you could use them?

All the information on wip will be released as it is ready. We cannot say anything for certain at this point. A bit closer to release we have absolute determination whether a certain addon will make it into the next version of the mod. Until then it would be very harsh to state that something is coming only to postpone it later much to the disappointment of our fans.

Exactly that's the best, to say nothing, if not happen as these guys: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?112489-%D0%9E%D0%A2%D0%9A-Comrades-In-Arms What a disappointment.....Especially for my.

L:bounce3:L

Edited by LDU30

Can add battle tank T-80B two external fuel drums? is there any way to do this in some configuration or something?? thanks ...

Tanks don't carry 'em in combat. Only when on march.

:o And if I want to do a militar parade? haha, is much better aesthetically with fuel drums, at least in my opinion

Edited by LDU30

Soul_Assassin I congratulate the team on this impressive release. There is clearly alot of time and effort that was spent into the creation of this custom user-made content. However I'd like to comment on two matters:

1. The Camouflage depicted by the Russian forces are that of 'Flora' which is not the current camouflage pattern used by the Russian Federation. The Russian Federation uses 'Digital Flora' since the January 2008 exposition. The migration period from various flora variants was expected to take roughly 3 years with Isakov stating that the migration shall be complete by 2011.

2. The 9P129 has issues with the player camera when raising the pylons up before firing. It will cause the player camera when the player is seated inside and not looking at the artillery computer to zoom. It's hard to describe the effect that the player camera experiences during the pre-firing process.

Oh believe me, one can find lots of pics circa 2012 with soldiers sporting flora(or even the older "vertikalka" VSR-93(?)).

Russia is a big territory, and with a budget that low Flora will be in service at least for the next couple of years.

Soul_Assassin I congratulate the team on this impressive release. There is clearly alot of time and effort that was spent into the creation of this custom user-made content. However I'd like to comment on two matters:

1. The Camouflage depicted by the Russian forces are that of 'Flora' which is not the current camouflage pattern used by the Russian Federation. The Russian Federation uses 'Digital Flora' since the January 2008 exposition. The migration period from various flora variants was expected to take roughly 3 years with Isakov stating that the migration shall be complete by 2011.

2. The 9P129 has issues with the player camera when raising the pylons up before firing. It will cause the player camera when the player is seated inside and not looking at the artillery computer to zoom. It's hard to describe the effect that the player camera experiences during the pre-firing process.

1. nowhere did we state the era of the mod. But its ok, we get this alot. The digital camo is by far not everywhere, we have pictures even of 2012 troops still in flora. Also many pictures where both are there:

Peacekeeper

Paratroopers on training in germany this summer

"Official" is a big word for "so far we only replaced the units we show to the press" :)

2. Its a game bug, camera always points the way the gun in pointing. See mortars, tanks etc.

Oh believe me, one can find lots of pics circa 2012 with soldiers sporting flora(or even the older "vertikalka" VSR-93(?)).

Russia is a big territory, and with a budget that low Flora will be in service at least for the next couple of years.

That's correct. The migration hasn't been on schedule as it was assumed by 2011 that the migration would have been completed. In the 2008 or either 2009 May Parade you can see soldiers wearing a mixed 'Flora' with Digital and non-Digital flora.

However I'd like to ask the RHS Team if they have any plans to release a Digital Infantry re-texture or to add Digital Flora variants to the AFRF Release.

That's correct. The migration hasn't been on schedule as it was assumed by 2011 that the migration would have been completed. In the 2008 or either 2009 May Parade you can see soldiers wearing a mixed 'Flora' with Digital and non-Digital flora.

However I'd like to ask the RHS Team if they have any plans to release a Digital Infantry re-texture or to add Digital Flora variants to the AFRF Release.

Its not that simple. If it was a question of a simple retexture, we would have done it already, however, the uniform is of a different cut and thus requires a different model. So short answer: not for now. In the future, we hope.

Just for the record, most combat units use digital by now. Infact, the VDV is pretty much entirely digital. Atleast, that is according to a couple friends of mine in Russia, one of which is in the VDV and another served recently.

Just for the record, most combat units use digital by now. Infact, the VDV is pretty much entirely digital. Atleast, that is according to a couple friends of mine in Russia, one of which is in the VDV and another served recently.

That is absolutely correct. Russian armed forces had started mass-introducing the new digital pattern in 2011 when all the new recruits were issued it upon being called up for service. Eventually (within 6 months or so) all the officers and contract soldiers had been issued these uniforms as well. You can still occasionally see Russian servicemen wearing flora (or even VSR), but it is very rare and almost always due to their preference (i.e. contract soldiers show off that they are "old school"). The only exception to this are the reservists who would still mostly be issued the older uniforms from the existing stocks.

I absolutely love what RHS has done with this addon and would love it even more if they could consider making the "digital" uniforms when they get a chance.

Peace,

DreDay

Edited by DreDay

OCTOBER 19, 2012

RHS: AFRF VERSION 0.1.5 PUBLIC BETA RELEASED!

We are proud to bring out a public BETA of 0.1.5 (build 1359) which brings about a few new things. First of all, a few bug fixes of the original release. Secondly, we’ve added two new vehicles: original BIS models that have been retextured and had decals added. And the most important update is this release is considered ACE mod “playableâ€. This means that the mods should be able to play along side each other. Read more about all this in the documentation and head over to the downloads page to get the new release!

Release Log:

[+] Added URAL-4320 Open/Closed

[+] Added UAZ-469

[+] Added ACE compatibility to all vehicles

[#] Fixed bad light on some BMP-2 turrets

[#] Fixed BMD-2 Russian Stringtable spelling errors

[#] Fixed bad damage on GAZ-66 wheels

[#] Fixed some mission briefing errors in Russian translation

[^] Loading screens are now in rhs_ui.pbo and thus will not show up if it is removed

[^] AK-74M now has zeroing

[^] Adjusted T-80 reload sound volume at distance

[^] 9M113 ATGMs now take longer to reload (~60s)

I have noticed that your BMP-2s have 15 boxes of PKT ammo each containing 250 rounds. That's 3750 rounds for PKT. I've been serving my conscription in Finnish Defence Forces as an MT-LBv commander in Armoured Jäger Company which means that I have been operating with BMP-2s for my whole service.

BMP-2s (atleast in FDF) have 2 PKT ammo boxes in which they carry the ammo during combat. Both of the ammo boxes have 40 ammo belts that can hold 25 rounds and when linked together that means that each box has 1000 rounds ready to be used as one belt. So more correct ammo capacity would be 2 boxes of 1000 rounds for PKT. (2000 total) The way the ammo is stored in the turret means that I bet it can't be stored in any other way on the other side of the border.

OCTOBER 19, 2012

[^] 9M113 ATGMs now take longer to reload (~60s)

Did you do it as same reloading time for vanilla model or other reason ?

Real life reloading time around 20 sec.As far I remember was implemented already in your model.Strange that you changed it.Several sources tells that can fire up to 3 missiles per minute incl http://btvt.narod.ru/4/fagot.htm

In game play 20 seconds reloading time looks a but longer than needed but acceptable.60 seconds is simply joke.

Did you do it as same reloading time for vanilla model or other reason ?

Real life reloading time around 20 sec.As far I remember was implemented already in your model.Strange that you changed it.Several sources tells that can fire up to 3 missiles per minute incl http://btvt.narod.ru/4/fagot.htm

In game play 20 seconds reloading time looks a but longer than needed but acceptable.60 seconds is simply joke.

Was a reason of balance with ACE. They have a system where you have to climb out of the vehicle, navigate through menu and manually add the tube. We don't really play with ACE so when I asked someone who does, how long it roughly takes they said well around a minute. This balance was needed to make sure there is no advantage. In 0.1 release by the way it was way wrong it was 8 seconds.

In real life, you need to get the new tube from storage in the vehicle, open hatch, climb out, detatch old tube, reattach and set new tube. 20 seconds for that also sounds too short.

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

Also forgot to add so there are no misunderstandings: version 0.1.5 DOES NOT REQUIRE ACE! It works fine with vanilla A2: CO just as intended, but when you play with ACE, the weapons and armor start using the ACE damage system as well as some vehicles get the ability to use ACE FCS.

I have noticed that your BMP-2s have 15 boxes of PKT ammo each containing 250 rounds. That's 3750 rounds for PKT. I've been serving my conscription in Finnish Defence Forces as an MT-LBv commander in Armoured Jäger Company which means that I have been operating with BMP-2s for my whole service.

BMP-2s (atleast in FDF) have 2 PKT ammo boxes in which they carry the ammo during combat. Both of the ammo boxes have 40 ammo belts that can hold 25 rounds and when linked together that means that each box has 1000 rounds ready to be used as one belt. So more correct ammo capacity would be 2 boxes of 1000 rounds for PKT. (2000 total) The way the ammo is stored in the turret means that I bet it can't be stored in any other way on the other side of the border.

Will take this under advisement for review! Thanks.