Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Is Arma3 still the "Flagship"

The 3d editor is not going to happen!? I hope this is false as the 3d editor was the feature I was looking most forward to besides physX! Someone tell me it isn't true.

As much as I like DayZ if its going to distract BIS from ArmA then I don't want it to happen.

And I thought we'd already reached the bottom on the barrel...

You "people" realise the BI staff who make the editor interface/design are NOT the same people who would make art assets (bean tins, for example), right? Right?

Or are we just bandwagoning the "oh em gee, dayzeee is killing arma" bullshit without actually having any sort of informed opinion at all?

As they said they wont remove any features and the 3D editor was already in ArmA2 (ALT-E at the main menu, then start editor), 3D editor will ofcourse be in ArmA3.

As well as Weapon resting /Bipod system, which is only 3 hours of work i guess. (or copy paste from ACE)

Have you got any confirmation about weapon resting/ bipod systems?! Please share it, that may be for me one of the best features arma3 could have!!

You "people" realise the BI staff who make the editor interface/design are NOT the same people who would make art assets (bean tins, for example), right? Right?

Or are we just bandwagoning the "oh em gee, dayzeee is killing arma" bullshit without actually having any sort of informed opinion at all?

Looks to be less band wagon and more misplaced fear, this kind of thing always seems to come up for..well just about everything really, people get wind of one thing might be in dismay, assumptions are made, mistaken for facts, panic ensues..it happens far far too often.

I have been waiting for the 3D Mission Editor since Arma2. I hope it will finally be available in Arma3.

Have you got any confirmation about weapon resting/ bipod systems?! Please share it, that may be for me one of the best features arma3 could have!!

No i dont have, but i see no reason why they dont put such a mayor game improving feature in which is actually so less of work.

So i am pretty sure they will do it.

And again, as they once said they wont delete any features which were in ArmA2 and the 3D Editor IS ACTUALLY in ArmA2 it basicly must be in ArmA3 as well.

Actualy I see 2 possible flagships

A3, wich most of us would buy based on the features we have seen let alone those that we havn't, will roam the seas of mil sim, alone, but heartly chuckling at mainstream shooters who claim auntheticity and lots of head nodding to heroic cheese.

And DayZ will rule the seas of the undead (or just very sick), born of ArmA sized guns and tempt all others to jump ship.

The 3D editor IMO is a very very important feature. It can mean the difference between mediocre to good user generated scenarios with rough similarities to the ones included in ARMA, versus a plethora of excellent creativity in how ARMA is and also isn't meant to be played (both are good).

I know SideStrafe wished that ARMA had pop-in-and-play servers as well, with CQB in a smaller area. This can be made possible with the precision object placing in a 3D editor. If you can imagine, this will really really liven up indoor environments, leading to more exciting CQB and gameplay in general.

Everyone kept asking for improved AI indoors/CQB, but if there's no decent indoor/CQB, there won't be much point anyways. A 3D editor would definitely help this problem, by having lively indoor environments similar to a mainstream game such as BF3/COD, but also have the huge landscape that is signature to ARMA.

Sometimes, after a while of trying to get apes to have a nice teaparty, it's sometimes more entertaining/appropriate/rewarding/easier to watch them all fling poo at each other.

It is probably not A3 that suffered from any reallocation of resources to Dayz. A 3D mission editor is in my opinion not essential and if things are worth doing at all, they are likely worth doing well. Better to devote scarce resources to bringing up a smaller amount of content up to standards than to add extra functionaility that has severe shortcomings.

Regards,

Sander

As I said earlier, we don't really need a full 3D Editor where you can place waypoints triggers and modules. Just some sort of Object placement Editor would be enough.

As I said earlier, we don't really need a full 3D Editor where you can place waypoints triggers and modules. Just some sort of Object placement Editor would be enough.

This.

Object placement in 3D is a godsend, the difference between building an airport in the 2D editor and using RTE for the same thing is hours saved and a better quality addon.

Not to mention the mental cost of doing it in the 2D editor, drive you friken insane.

If you are thinking of arguing for the 2D over 3D for object placement, read above as you are allready there and don't even know it. :P

Sometimes, after a while of trying to get apes to have a nice teaparty, it's sometimes more entertaining/appropriate/rewarding/easier to watch them all fling poo at each other.

LMAO I literally spit out my drink! Lol, Even if I am one of those apes!

I hope they focus on ArmA 3 more rather than DayZ
Separate dev teams there...

This.

Object placement in 3D is a godsend, the difference between building an airport in the 2D editor and using RTE for the same thing is hours saved and a better quality addon.

Not to mention the mental cost of doing it in the 2D editor, drive you friken insane.

If you are thinking of arguing for the 2D over 3D for object placement, read above as you are allready there and don't even know it. :P

RTE is quite unstable, a separate app and isn't being worked on much.

Being able to seamlessly and instantly switch between 2D and 3D editors within the game would've been priceless.

RTE is quite unstable, a separate app and isn't being worked on much.

Being able to seamlessly and instantly switch between 2D and 3D editors within the game would've been priceless.

Absolutely.

I have no problems with the build of RTE I am using at the moment, and I am using it in Take On and not it's intended A2.

But you have to mess around bit to import into the game, although it can be done with alt tabbing out and never leaving shutting down the game at any point.

With the new income from recent ARMA 2 sells, won't you guys thinks that BI can actually increase their team size to reduce impact on switching resources?

I believe it's been said elsewhere that they actually HAVE increased their team size a bunch and that that was actually part of the problem with development, while they haven't subtracted anyone except Rocket.

I know SideStrafe wished that ARMA had pop-in-and-play servers as well, with CQB in a smaller area.
I wish this smaller-area CQB too... although I don't quite get what was meant by "pop-in-and-play servers."
This can be made possible with the precision object placing in a 3D editor. If you can imagine, this will really really liven up indoor environments, leading to more exciting CQB and gameplay in general.

Everyone kept asking for improved AI indoors/CQB, but if there's no decent indoor/CQB, there won't be much point anyways.

And without decent indoor/CQB that there wouldn't be much point to ARMA 3 for me. ;) Fortunately, so long as the smoothness, responsiveness and "lack of excess bobbing" weren't rolled back because of certain people's unfortunate ideas of what's realistic :rolleyes: the videos give me hope on this front. :) Edited by Chortles

I believe it's been said elsewhere that they actually HAVE increased their team size a bunch and that that was actually part of the problem with development, while they haven't subtracted anyone except Rocket.

What I mean is that maybe Maruk and Suma have done their Man Maths that they can actually support an extra small team to support Rockets dream before more resources can switch to him after CC:GM or Arma 3 is completed.

I wonder what rocket was doing for A3 before DayZ...