Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Originally posted by Placebo Here

Arma 2 is heading home

Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC project announcement

Prague, Czech Republic June 4th - Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent Czech development studio, proudly announce Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic (A2: ACR), a brand new installment of the most authentic, diverse and open tactical military shooter series, Arma!

About Arma 2: Army of the Czech republic

A2: ACR features a variety of authentically modeled units and vehicles together with detailed environments, demonstrating the various roles and deployments of modern Czech Armed Forces across varying theaters of war.

Storyline

The civil war in Bystrica is at its end. But it’s not the end of fear for the people. War criminals like Colonel Miyovic still terrorize the country with their militia looting and murdering civilians. Forces of the Czech Republic Army are sent to restore order.

After restoring partial order in Takistan; Allied forces were able to send in a small number of provisional reconstruction teams. Unfortunately local rebels are still planning operations to damage the reconstruction process. However, Czech forces are operating in the area and that should help change the status quo.

A2: ACR Key Features:

Czech Army

Bolster the Arma sandbox with a range of authentic Czech Army units and vehicles, including the L-159 Alca, Pandur II, and Dingo infantry mobility vehicle

Authentic Weapons

Pick from a range of new weapons, including those developed with Česká Zbrojovka a.s.: CZ 805 BREN, CZ Scorpion EVO III and CZ 75 PHANTOM

Diverse Missions

Deploy across 15 new missions in the singleplayer campaign, scenarios and procedural template gameplay modes

Verdant Environments

Explore the two new summer-season terrains: Bystrica and Bukovina

arma2_acr_screenshot_1_thumb.jpgarma2_acr_screenshot_2_thumb.jpgarma2_acr_screenshot_3_thumb.jpgarma2_acr_screenshot_4_thumb.jpgarma2_acr_screenshot_5_thumb.jpg

Bohemia Interactive´s CEO, Marek Spanel, added that: "We're very happy for the opportunity to bring this fantastic DLC which focuses exclusively on our home army, the Army of the Czech Republic. We want to use this opportunity to pay tribute to all those brave soldiers who are risking their lives in service around the world.â€

Info

Title: Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic

Developer: Bohemia Interactive

Platform: PC

Publisher: Bohemia Interactive

Release date: Q3 2012

Genre: Military Simulator / Shooter

Social networks:

YouTube: www.youtube.com/arma2official

Facebook: www.facebook.com/arma2official

Twitter: www.twitter.com/bohemiaInteract

Rating: M (Blood, Strong Language, Violence, Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB); PEGI 18+ (Bad Language, Violence, Online)

Preorders are available from June 4th at store.bistudio.com/acr

A2: ACR is scheduled for release exclusively for PC Q3 2012.

I'm assuming that Placebo closed the other thread because of the title. So if you closed it for some other reason or if I missed a thread for this feel free to close but I haven't noticed one.

My notes:

Both the big city pictures of the new terrain are around Elektrozavodsk. Obviously the ocean has turned into a river which I would imagine is based on real life data from the CZR but I honestly don't know. I'm curious to know what the second terrain looks like.

To my eyes, the trees seem like they may have been changed to improve performance.

Edited by Jakerod

Sorry, but who took those screenshots? They are bad as is (AToC setting is strange, no AA..), but you compress them and make them look even more ugly.

Anyway, ACR have some nice vehicles and weapons, add a campaign,two maps and you probably have a worth buying DLC. Looking forward for more info.

(It would probably be a good idea to replace the picture of the APC (muzzleflash bug) and the picture of the two soldiers lying on the ground (ugly textures on the houses in the middle of the pic, LOD problem))

:p

Xeno

I wonder if an ARMA 2: ACR lite will be released free in a patch like BAF and PMC lite.

Sorry, but who took those screenshots? They are bad as is (AToC setting is strange, no AA..), but you compress them and make them look even more ugly.

i agree, the promo screenshots don't look good.

The content looks interesting but the material really doesn't :(

I don't think the trees were changed to improve performance, only to match the season. It's now summer, so they have full canopies. The autumn trees had lost half their leaves, and looked quite wretched on anything other than high settings.

I'm all for DLC, and I'll preorder it once it's on Steam..

But why couldn't you give us the Gripen instead?

I'll go QQ over it now. Looks good still

Aye, could have done with taking those screenshots on a better computer...

Even so, I've coughed up the £8 for the pre-order: I've not bought any of the DLC so far (BAF was given to me as a Crimbo presie from BIS, and PMC just never interested me), so I guess it's about time I helped fund ArmA III. Plus the contents actually look a bit more interesting than BAF and PMC's stuff to me.

Hmmm, hard to get excited over new content with the feature rich Arma 3 alpha right on the horizon :\

will buy it!!!!!

edit: preordered already hehe

WHat else could I do? An Addon for my favorite game? Must buy

Edited by tremanarch

People tend to forget it, but chernarus looks less pretty in OA in comparison to Arma2.

I don't think the trees were changed to improve performance, only to match the season. It's now summer, so they have full canopies. The autumn trees had lost half their leaves, and looked quite wretched on anything other than high settings.

The reason I mentioned that was because the way some of the LODs look. They look similar to the OA trees but that might just be because of some setting.

will buy it!!!!!

Depending on price, I will too, but I have confidence.

By any chance, can we be told how large the new terrains are (KM wise). I'd love if that Chernarus looking one would be nice and large so we have another actually good map to play warfare on (Takistan sucks for CTI, IMO)

I agree. Very uninspiring promo pics, but it's cheap.

And if the maps are any good + nice cammpaign, I think I'll get it anyway.

When we grabbed screen shots on powerful PC with perfect settings and process the properly so they look fine, users complained that it is not how their game look on their systems. This time we grabbed them on crap PC with terrible settings and saved them with bad compression, and now you complain as well. Hard to understand you, people :confused:

Price of the DLC is going to be the same as with BAF and PMC (you can have one cockpit less plane or few recycled mp maps in DLCs to some other games for similar price point :)

And of course we intend to release free ACR Lite content. We believe it worked great for PMC and BAF and this release should be no different (except for the new terrain, which contains a lot of data, it may not be be best idea to include it in the patch due to size and relatively limited art quality).

Preordered. So do we get the extended and upgraded Chernarus at last? Pic 1 clearly shows Electozavodsk being a riverine town, not a coastal one.

Looks interesting. I agree with the odd timing and bad screen shots. Second map might be more like Taki, looking at the fourth screen shot?

I'll probably buy,if The server I play on incorporates the new stuff into Domination :)

I'm sick of that damn plane though, it's in Arma 3 too isn't it? Arnt there any other cool 3rd /4th gen fighters these factions could use?

Maybe the screenshots were supposed to be used only as the "fog of war" pictures, but someone messed up and released them to public? They look really amateurish and don't make much sense. Especially the one with the APC - something, that looks like a bugged muzzleflash and Tatras without drivers, plus the horrible LODs. Then the L-159 on the runway one with a pilot standing next to it stiff like a plank.

YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!

ACR units!

Ohhh a tank too pls, a tank too pls, the VT-72M4 plx plx <3

When we grabbed screen shots on powerful PC with perfect settings and process the properly so they look fine, users complained that it is not how their game look on their systems. This time we grabbed them on crap PC with terrible settings and saved them with bad compression, and now you complain as well. Hard to understand you, people :confused:

That´s your crap PC? You can at least enable shadows! hx3_cry.gif

As for the problem at hand: make two sets of pics, crap & overthetop ones :D

except for the new terrain, which contains a lot of data, it may not be be best idea to include it in the patch due to size and relatively limited art quality.

Please include it in the lite version like you did with BAF and PMC or the new terrain will be more useless for multiplayer usage (want to be able to play it with everybody).

Please make sure it's there for everybody (but with low quality assets for lite players)

Second map might be more like Taki, looking at the fourth screen shot?

That's probably Takistan as there are supposed to be 2 summer maps in the DLC.

Well, don't listen to us so much, then.* :p

You can be marketers and businessmen sometimes, you know. It's completely standard to release screenshots on max settings. So long as you don't airbrush them and use cheating AA like Dice with BF3, it's fine.

*Except when we ask for windage and bleeding and RHA-based armor systems, damnit.