Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 hands on @ Gamescom 2012!

Armstrong's son, then? Or is there no relation?

Uh, I don't know? th_trollface.png

Well... We had a Captain Armstrong in A1, a USMC General. Armstrong in A2 and now we have another in A3... I say it's just a small touch from the dev team. Or is it... ?!

maybe Armstrong, just common US name, same as russian Ivan or Boris?

It is common. However, there are a lot of other common names they could use which they've never assigned to a main character. Jackson, Johnson, Schmidt, Smith, Baker, Lewis, etc. They keep using the same one so I assume some kind of connection.

Just released on Armed Assault.info, my own "hands on" experience story

Thanks for the writeup, nice and fair perspective on things

Cheers,

OP

maybe Armstrong, just common US name, same as russian Ivan or Boris?

Fans of the "Metal Gear Solid" series know that every game has a character named "Johnny" who is usually an enemy prision guard, and they are all in fact blood related lol!

Edited by Ash712

Fans of the "Metal Gear Solid" series know that every game has a character named "Johnny" who is usually an enemy prision guard, and they are all in fact blood related lol!
There's apparently only two who actually appear, the infamous MGS1/MGS2/MGS4 incarnation are all the same character while the one seen in MGS3 is his grandfather. ("Jonathan" from Portable Ops is NOT a blood relation.)

There's apparently only two who actually appear, the infamous MGS1/MGS2/MGS4 incarnation are all the same character while the one seen in MGS3 is his grandfather. ("Jonathan" from Portable Ops is NOT a blood relation.)

They do all need to lay off the curry though. ;)

@Madeon : This new version of the "showcase Supports" is quite different from the version shown at

, and I hope BIS will released it soon on their YouTube channel as well as the "showcase Mines" we can have a blurry glimpse at 7th min.

Another new video has emerged showing a quick firefight -

i_vdNBnvkhg

@colossus : F27Sharps is right, the AH-6 is providing CAS support for the team in this showcase.

Ah, alright. Just thought the shape looked a bit funny at first glance. :)

The Game Jar interview with Bohemian head honcho Marek Spanel regarding all projects, from Operation Flashpoint to now (not just Arma 3):

A couple notes regarding Arma 3:

- The move to DirectX 10/11-Windows 7 is done more for engine stability reasons

- Not really focused on DirectX graphical features (such as tesselation) apart from the improved lighting system

- The Editor will remain the same but with new tools such as a loadout editor (most probably that means RT3D is not going to be worked on)

Edited by arigram

@colossus : F27Sharps is right, the AH-6 is providing CAS support for the team in this showcase.
I believe you mean the AH-9.
- The move to DirectX 10/11-Windows 7 is done more for engine stability reasons
Can't say I'm surprised, engine stability is supposed to be one of the selling points of ARMA 3 (though sadly damning of the previous games), like how IstaGoat said that the plan for AI is "no new features, we have to get the ones we have actually working first". Also, new tools = YES, though I wouldn't say that RT3D is necessarily out.

I wouldn't say that RT3D is necessarily out.

Well, of cource not necessarily, but still very much wanted. And if not, at least it would be nice i BIS improve unit allocatin inside buildinhgs which would be really useful, concearning improved CQC Ai and just impossible now without scripts.

I hope we will also be able to use user addon's weapon in the loadout editor.

I noticed at 4:52 that his pistol vanished into thin air as he switched to his primary weapon. It's not a big deal but I just wanted to point it out.

44b7oOn32CI