Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 hands on @ Gamescom 2012!

For those of you that haven't seen the latest press release:

Want to get your hands on a playable version of Arma 3 or Carrier Command: Gaea Mission?

Visit Gamescom 2012 in Cologne!

Prague, Czech Republic, July 10th – Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent Czech development studio, announces today that fans can get their hands on playable code of two of the most eagerly anticipated in development titles of 2012!

Bohemia Interactive would like to confirm their attendance at Gamescom 2012 in Cologne, Germany during the 15th August 2012 through to the 17th August 2012. There will be an open stand in Hall 9 - A-22 – Public, where eager gamers can have the opportunity to play the latest builds of both Arma 3 and Carrier Command: Gaea Mission. Entrance to our stand is freely open to everyone over the age of 16.

About Arma 3

Arma 3, the latest installment of the tactical military simulation game from independent developers Bohemia Interactive, creators of the award-winning mil-sim series Arma.

Track us via social networks and be the first to know all the latest news about ARMA 3

• YouTube: arma3official

• Twitter: arma3official

• Facebook: arma3official

About Carrier Command: Gaea Mission

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission is a breathtaking combination of action game with strategic elements set in a vast detailed archipelago. It reinvents the classic gameplay of the original Carrier Command to deliver a truly next-gen experience.

Track us via social networks and be the first to know all the latest news about Carrier Command: Gaea Mission

• YouTube: CarrierCommand

• Twitter: CarrierCommand

• Facebook: CarrierCommand

Day Z: Get infected at Gamescom!

Heard about Day Z but haven’t tried it for yourself? For those people still to try out the brain chomping phenomena that is Day Z, we will also have playable Day Z demonstrations at our public stand, come play the mod, chat about the mod, we cannot guarantee you will leave our stand with your brains intact!

It's on the banner at the top of the page, lol. Is this a good place to ask questions about the showing at Gamescom? I won't be able to go, but am wondering if the playable build will basically be the same as the E3 Alpha build, as in same format?

Ask away, I made a copy in here and pinned it leaving it open so questions could be asked :)

Jump into the TGV :lecture:

I've been to Paris by train last year and definitely prefer the ICE. It's quieter and more comfortable. There are good ICE connections from Frankfurt to Paris.

i wonder what gamescom ticket costs? I would visit it just for arma, and metro last light if its present there only.

I wonder that too

(2 clicks on the gamescon web site)

Xeno

+ $1600.00 for the airfare.... I guess I miss out :p

Thanks for the update... :)

Damn I would go but I´ll be on vacation in croatia at that time....

*Sings "I'll be there" by the Jackson 5

Please remember to take your video camera, and a spare battery. :)

And anti-EMP shielding for Your cam - remember the poor Gamespot guys on E3 stuck by EMP waves from Project Splendid :icon_twisted:

And anti-EMP shielding for Your cam - remember the poor Gamespot guys on E3 stuck by EMP waves from Project Splendid :icon_twisted:

Surely you jest. You must mean Project Splendidâ„¢. Coming to a store near you Soonâ„¢.

Looks like I´ll be there. Be prepared for awkward conversations, BI! I am very very bad at talking to people irl.

Also I will be extremely critical and unforgiving and asking uncomfortable questions. :<

I hope I´ll get hands on too, and not just look over someones shoulder.

We should come back later when we arrive :p

I will not bring a cam, i will use these to distract the staff and loot the place:

I will not bring a cam, i will use these to distract the staff and loot the place:

Well, the girl dressed as a cucumber may have some effect...

Well, the girl dressed as a cucumber may have some effect...

Nah the only thing that really may distract them is:

BEER15.jpg

But then you have all the time you need to loot the place. :cool:

Nah the only thing that really may distract them is:

[Kozel Dark in wrong glass]

But then you have all the time you need to loot the place. :cool:

Actually, our field crew would love some beans.

Did'nt know ArmA3 was releasing a Chemical weapons version in this version.Gas,Gas,Gas

So can the more advanced users can look at the entire alpha other than running through the training? Editor/Voice Comms/Weather (Fine to Stormy)/Smoke Grenades block AI view /Inside Buildings Navigation and Quality/MP smoothness/Fixed Wing FM etc ? Might be worth running a Dedi Server at BIS HQ for the MP test. Thanks