Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 hands on @ Gamescom 2012!

^ Nice videos, hadn't seen the Lynx reload till then. Doesn't seems we'll be getting a rest system this time....

By the end of the 2nd video, no helmet but floating NVG?

Any chance of having those big flyers\PR material stacked near of the PCs scanned?

^ Nice videos, hadn't seen the Lynx reload till then. Doesn't seems we'll be getting a rest system this time....

By the end of the 2nd video, no helmet but floating NVG?

They are not floating, they are mounted on a head strap.

They are not floating, they are mounted on a head strap.

Should have watched in 1080p in the first place. Sorry........ :(

A lot of information in that second vid, did I hear tools for creating your own custom reload animations and pre-order to get access to the alpha in there?

This is my rifle. Without rifle I am nothing. Without me, my rifle is nothing. And with me, my rifle is able to hit targets up to 50 metres.

Someone find out what hardware they're using for the PCs. :)

I dunno, even though I was not able to play it myself (probably they were scared about not being able to get me away from the computer again lol) I seen some pretty cool stuff. But since I don't follow the A3 media stuff not that closely it might be old news already:

Most noticable features from the demonstration Ivan gave.

* There will be various AP Mines, like Claymores - finally!

* There's an ingame Help and Manual by pressing H which should help new people a lot

* Artillery looks pretty impressive

* Sounds are pretty impressive as well, even with only a 'basic' sound system

* Training course has CQB elements

* Shooting other divers underwater is definitely fun! :cool:

* The 2D Editor looks very familiar but has more/increased fields

* I haven't seen a mission.sqm file, that would have been asked too much, but I'm sure we can port the old missions again :-)

* Not an official word but community Alpha seems to come end of the year. The game next year then (obviously). At least that's what I heard.

* Buildings seem to be (mostly) enter-able.

* Helicopters seem to have co-pilots, at least the AH-9 I have seen had one

* And DayZ comes with some cool and surely useful new 'tool'. Damn Zombies killed me 6 times but okay today I played this thing the first time in my life lol

Sorry no pictures or videos, I leave that to the many professionals attenting there just today. :)

Thanks Ivan/BI for presenting the game, the drinks and the many presents. Hope to see you soon again.

That's all I can think off now, too tired to use my brain anymore.

:goodnight:

So why call it hands on when its really hans off? :P

A lot of information in that second vid, did I hear tools for creating your own custom reload animations and pre-order to get access to the alpha in there?

I heard that too and that maybe the game may be even more open to mods and editing than A2.

So why call it hands on when its really hans off? :P

The Public Area Bunker offers the

, with Camp Maxwell and ~6 playable showcases.

The Business Area Booth, where Ivan is presenting, offers the Tech Demos, which are designed with presenting to the media, military, and industry partners in mind.

Nevertheless, if you just ask to play, it shouldn't be a problem*! Equally, if you just want an overview in the Public Section, our trained professionals do offer such service**.

Best,

RiE

* may depend on how much beer Lord Ivan has been lifting

** on receipt of compliments/ beer

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

Wow, the BI booth has a line of people waiting :yay:

I really have to be there early tomorrow morning, I do not want to wait :p

I think proper status of Bis Booth is "Receiving..." ;)

More arma fans waiting outside -

crowd.jpg

^ Nice videos, hadn't seen the Lynx reload till then.

you couldnt have seen it earlier - its brand new animation (post E3).

All the hard work you guys have been putting in is really paying off, the animations look amazing.

The Public Area Bunker offers the
, with Camp Maxwell and ~6 playable showcases.

The Business Area Booth, where Ivan is presenting, offers the Tech Demos, which are designed with presenting to the media, military, and industry partners in mind.

Nevertheless, if you just ask to play, it shouldn't be a problem*! Equally, if you just want an overview in the Public Section, our trained professionals do offer such service**.

Best,

RiE

* may depend on how much beer Lord Ivan has been lifting

** on receipt of compliments/ beer

I surely would have been given the chance to play it myself - for maybe 5 minutes before the next guys appeared. I seen what I wanted to see and probably way more than if I was playing on my own.

Wow, the BI booth has a line of people waiting

That. I was only there to meet with zipper5 and having a few words with Dean who was super-busy all day. That was enough time spent in that hellhole called public area for me. :cool:

But yeah it's amazing to see how many people wait in line to check out the games. And zipper told me some left the booth and immediately gone into the queue for a 2nd chance to play.

And zipper told me some left the booth and immediately gone into the queue for a 2nd chance to play.

Armaholics. :p For free consultation, call 1-360-270-180-90-ArmA.

All the hard work you guys have been putting in is really paying off, the animations look amazing.

Thank you, for everyone here! Helps a lot to receive some positive feedback from time to time.

Armaholics. :p For free consultation, call 1-360-270-180-90-ArmA.

Please do not post my phonenumber for the general public. I would like to keep that service to the real holics :)

[YOU TUBE]44b7oOn32CI[/YOUTUBE]

Around 6:47 in Video 2, did anyone else notice the weird ground "shimmer/warping" that we get in ArmA 2?

I was hoping that would be gone in ArmA 3. :( Ah well, there is still time!

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Yeah, it was quite pronounced, and not often seen in ArmA 2.

I see it a lot in ArmA 2, mostly when transitioning to prone or crawling around. Not really sure what causes it, it seems like a shader glitch though because you will sometimes see the small "bumps" in terrain get larger and smaller depending on how you look at it.

Nice sunny day to play some A3 in a dark mess hall ;) Met Zipper5 and the other guys and enjoyed a few nice showcases until Gaia kicked me out before i could fly some Helicopters xD

Xeno, i saw you :P

If you'd mentioned you're from community, I'd let you play further ;)

It's the keyword which unlocks all secrets, for example PurePassion and InstaGoat got presentation of the content normally available only in business section ;)

If you'd mentioned you're from community, I'd let you play further ;)

It's the keyword which unlocks all secrets, for example PurePassion and InstaGoat got presentation of the content normally available only in business section ;)

I'm from the community... I'll skype you or you skype me... what ever you fancy big boy ;) ;)