Sign in to follow this  
sgtsn1per

What is the first thing you will do in Arma3?

Max it out

Realise my pc is still shit

Place a ticket on lottery

Restart arma 3

Lower settings

Accept my lot in life

Notice an OFP/CWA bug ----> goto find some beer. Probably able to crawl back watch AI using their funny tactics, driving or flying skills ------> need moar beer!!! Somehow manage to start MP and watch servers are infested/occupied by casual players who just run'n'gun and care for K/D rate + ranks ===> search for better/ hardcore stuff. :tongue:

Do a massive air battle in the editor, curse over that my computer isnt strong enough. Start the campaign or go swimming :P

1st thing? I expect 7+ hours of experimentation with cfg files. Really though, extensive exploration in the editor.

lool that's funny

Download the first patch.

---------- Post added at 00:24 ---------- Previous post was at 00:23 ----------

I'll tray to do Sinai Map i hope new tools to build up maps is more ezy :))

Woah! loving everyone's responses, haha some funny, and some that will really help out the community!

:)

Download the first patch.

GMTA :p

And after that I'll get 5 mins to understand the controls and off to the multiplayer looking for some pvp.

make a huge tank / air battle and watch it from a long distance :p

I´m trying to remember what I did when I first got OFP. I´ll probably do the same...

Oh I know!

Play the campaign. Hopefully not be disappointed, and play until the game makes me stop. Or my body.

based on solid experience most people will probably do some or all of the following:

fail to install properly

get a weird directX error

crash to desktop on starting the game

update graphics drivers (several times)

update windows

fail to install the patch properly

patch xfire

delete battleeye and reinstall it manually

attempt to run the game from steam and fail 100% for at least a month until there is a 600 post thread on it brought together by frustrated moderators chasing identical topics springing up all over the boards (not a good idea to buy it from steam)

I highly doubt this will happen this time, give the Community Alpha->Beta

;-)

On the topic:

Graphic Settings, Start Editor, place me and a few enemy AI and see how they are improved.

After the downloading, the dancing and the installation I'll be doing:

1. Create a new profile, since I guess ArmA 3 will also be using the Windows user name as its profile name.

2. Look through the face options and select a voice that suits the selected face.

3. MISSION EDITOR! :D

4. Create a unit (player)

5. Walk/Fly/Drive/Swim around for a while.

6. Re-adjust the settings (graphics, audio, mouse sensitivity, etc.) - I'll probably going to be annoyed by the fact I haven't ordered the new hardware yet. :p

Then we'll go from there.

i'll start by joining a empty map in the editor and taking a deep breath of that fresh code and walk/drive around to see the beauty of it all.

Download hot fixes

Rebind keyboard

bitch about the performance

lower graphics quality to PS2 era so I can run at 30fps.

use 3d editor, go for a good dive in the aegean sea.

i'll start by joining a empty map in the editor and taking a deep breath of that fresh code and walk/drive around to see the beauty of it all.

Next thing : feed my GF to the plants -->

After i smile seeing the expected beauty of the revised engine..i ll test some features i m waiting for so long..

If "freedom of movement inside a moving vehicle" and "underground structures place-able" are now possible

I know myself I will jump right into the editor and play with all the new weapons, vehicles etc.

What about you? :)

I will do the exact same thing. Then I will play the training missions to learn about any new features. Then I'll play the campaign.

Port my mission. Mess with the 3d editor. Then just relax on the beach. Watch a sunset.

Put some Iranians on the beach, then pop out of the water like a badass and shoot them...

Install it, start it, watch it stuttering and A.I. crash cars into walls until I get a CTD and spending the next 3 weeks bitching about that half baked game that got released in beta stage just to keep the Q1 2013 date...like the last 3 times.

I would check out the editor really quick, then I would load the game up and check out all the nice innovations. After playing a few missions, I'll load the editor back up again and create some missions.

Also curious, will there be some module that is like UPSMON available or do I got to wait for someone to make another patrol script.

Install it, start it, watch it stuttering and A.I. crash cars into walls until I get a CTD and spending the next 3 weeks bitching about that half baked game that got released in beta stage just to keep the Q1 2013 date...like the last 3 times.

Hopefully that won´t happen this time. The cynical me thinks it´ll be something like this, though. But if recent releases are anything to go by, Arma 3 will be stable and playable when its out.