Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93616 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

it would be great if lods would switch during fov changes instead of afterwards.

THAT!

please

Apologies, it was more of a "not sure where to post it" type question, and I couldn't delete the post in the beta thread after I realised I should have probably posted it under the latest beta instead. No need to rip my nuts off.

It looks great mostly but there are still some LOD flickering in the bushes and on the ghillie suits and the shadows.

Operation Arrowhead has this intro with the sniper and spotter laying beside each other. The bush on the left of them and their suit and shadow under them is flickering all the time.

It is quite noticeable because it is that close.

I have regular AA disabled and only FXAA enabled. Can anybody confirm this?

PPAA=1;

PPAA_Level=2;

FXAA=13;

FXAASharp=2;

After installing the latest Beta patch on our server I can now not connect to it.

I am receiving a Nat Negotiation error:

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

Im not sure if it is due to the latest beta on the server or client side.

I got a BattlEye error when connecting to domination server, and tryed Dayz it sits on the loading screen with this beta

Sorry, but for me some LOD issues are still there.

Objects, buildings, and sometimes trees do not load high detail LODs until very close, sometimes switching randomly between high detail and lower detail even if going closer.

Before, it used to at least load the high detail buildings much further, and did not randomly flick them when approaching.

ATI 6870 1GB, Win8, Core i5 @3.67GHz, 8GB ram, SSD.

Youtube video

0:25 - LOD/texture flicking between high detail and low even though I am getting closer

various, near the end - close trees still in lower LOD.

But perhaps it's just my config? Although it didn't have such behaviour with earlier betas IIRC.

Otherwise though, quite nice :)

Edited by fraczek
added youtube link, etc

After installing the latest Beta patch on our server I can now not connect to it.

I am receiving a Nat Negotiation error:

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

Im not sure if it is due to the latest beta on the server or client side.

can we get some more information about Your network setting?

routing, routers, firewalls, system's networking setup etc?

Impossible to manage Ai gear on map, disappear after one second.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32572

"TerrainIntersect" is not working for me within this build: it always return false.

Please fix it ASAP, this is the complimentary for this "LineIntersects" (which works) ...

+1

This is a great function, when it actually works it should enable some serious improvements to AI behaviours to be scripted in.

Sorry, but for me some LOD issues are still there.

Objects, buildings, and sometimes trees do not load high detail LODs until very close, sometimes switching randomly between high detail and lower detail even if going closer.

Before, it used to at least load the high detail buildings much further, and did not randomly flick them when approaching.

ATI 6870 1GB, Win8, Core i5 @3.67GHz, 8GB ram, SSD.

Youtube video

0:25 - LOD/texture flicking between high detail and low even though I am getting closer

various, near the end - close trees still in lower LOD.

But perhaps it's just my config? Although it didn't have such behaviour with earlier betas IIRC.

Otherwise though, quite nice :)

There are some trees that don´t load the highest LOD if you are not really close to them

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j346/tonci87/Arma/arma2oa2012-06-0921-02-46-939.png

see the small tree to the right (Location Chernogorsk clock tower, east side, Screenshot recorded yesterday in MP)

Settings

language="German";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1500000;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
Resolution_W=1920;
Resolution_H=1200;
refresh=60;
winX=16;
winY=32;
winW=800;
winH=600;
winDefW=800;
winDefH=600;
Render_W=1920;
Render_H=1200;
FSAA=2;
postFX=1;
GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;
HDRPrecision=8;
lastDeviceId="";
localVRAM=1059532800;
nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;
vsync=1;
AToC=7;
FXAA=0;
FXAASharp=0;
Windowed=0;
PPAA=3;
PPAA_Level=2;

I too have slow LOD changing with this beta, some vehicles at first sight are at lowest LOD.

Haven't seen anything like this since I went SSD.

Also with the latest betas I sometimes while changing between TWS sight and no sight my FPS falls very low.

Example, I am in an MP mission in Zargabad with 60FPS vsynced (can get higher with no) and after some changes my FPS drop to a very choppy 30FPS. If I do FLUSH cheat or go window mode and back, my FPS are back to normal.

It could be also related with the latest Nvidia drivers.

Not seen any FPS problems with the latest Nvidia drivers on my GTX570, although I do see delayed LOD changes (mostly in trees changing). The ideal would be for the engine to hold the zoom for your current weapon ready in case you zoom in, then the LOD change is instantaneous (or happens AS you are zooming) not happening afterward.

Of course this comes from a position of ignorance in coding, but that would be the ideal.

Impossible to manage Ai gear on map, disappear after one second.

Been noticing this too, is this a new feature or a new bug?

The can't use AI's gear from map looks like a bug to me. The only other way to access AI's gear is to give them a gear action command, which tends to send them running off to a nearby dead body/weaponholder/crate/vehicle which may not be a good idea in some circumstances.

Maybe this bug was introduced with the recent MP gear priority and weaponholder changes, as the gear was working from the map only a few betas ago.

can someone write CIT bug report ticket about that AI gear issue?

Sorry for the late reply Dwarden. I found the problem to be with my router. I was using a Belkin F5D7634-4 v2.

I attempted to connect to the server with no firewalls running and my machine set in a DMZ but still no success.

I tried to circumvent router protection further by assigning my machine an IP out of the DNS range of my router but this still did not work.

Switching to an old back up router I have solved the problem. Im still unsure as to why the beta patch would cause my router to throw a fit though.

thanks for telling us ...

can someone write CIT bug report ticket about that AI gear issue?

Did anybody post up this CIT after all? If not I'd be happy to.

Setting your PC as DMZ target should never be the solution for client apps/games, it also defeats a part of the router's purpose of shielding you off the internet.

They shouldn't require incoming connections, generally only outgoing.