Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

I'm assuming the CZ chaps will be BLUFOR?

Stands to reason with CZ being a NATO member.

Stands to reason with CZ being a NATO member.

Independent would be good in terms of the game/editor.. variety

Another DLC is definitely good, am interested what sort of engine enhancements and improvements for old woodlands units.

That awesome moment in CTI where you cross the river with a BMP, going on an expedition to concuer the other part of the map. :cool:

Pumped for this, just wishing we had some more OPFOR units!

Pumped for this, just wishing we had some more OPFOR units!

so many people whine there isn't enough opfor...yet..how many missions are made with the opfor we already have :rolleyes:

so many people whine there isn't enough opfor...yet..how many missions are made with the opfor we already have :rolleyes:

Like... all of them? We don't need OPFOR for players side, as much as we need OPFOR as Opposing Force.

As playable side what we have? In ArmA2 we have Russians and Cheadki poorfags. In Arrowhead we have generic middle eastern country with same equipement as Chedaki + T-55 and battle rifles. Oh, right, and some even more poor-ass militia with same equipement and AK-74. OPFOR lacks variety. No wonder for many ppl only playable OPFOR are Russians.

On BLUFOR side we have US Marines with their toys, US Army with their, generic post-soviet country if we feel like playing as poorfag, British Paratroopers with their toys, German commando with their toys, Czechs with their toys, now also a full-fledged faction.

Edited by boota

I've just realized: at least one of the maps has a river, with bridges and stuff. AI improvements incoming?

Have I roamed Chernarus too much if I know exactly where this is? :(

At least if it is where I think it is. :P

@boota: What kind of OPFOR would you suggest?

Have I roamed Chernarus too much if I know exactly where this is? :(

At least if it is where I think it is. :P

yes, you have :p

Any ACTUAL army, or at least based on actual army, not generic OPFOR with iconic Soviet weapons. PLA, Iranian Army, Indian Army, Venezuelan Army, there are many good examples.

This all "war on terror" (terrorist country = Sand Country which is obviously not Iraq, terrorists = militians which are obviously not generic Islamist insurgents) thing got old long time ago. At least Chedaki looked somehow different than sand people from any generic video game, still they're really far form ballanced conflict we had in good CWC times.

This spring/summer Chernarus looks sweet :D. If I understand well, entire ACR faction will have both temperate and desert camo variant?

That awesome moment in CTI where you cross the river with a BMP, going on an expedition to concuer the other part of the map. :cool:

definately looking forward to this moment!!!!

Edited by tremanarch

procedural template gameplay modes

This is the part that interests me, something new apart from all the units/maps

New screenshots are great; especially seeing the summer foliage in greater detail. I'm in no doubt that this will be a quality piece of DLC. ;)

Looks like a few items have had a bit of a retexture since the first set of pics too (Dingo RWS and wheel hubs have changed colour for example)

Soft edged shadows? :suspect:

I certainly can't reproduce this, unless there is something in the config I've missed or forgotten about.

Edited by colossus
typo

Like the summer all the new summer foliage versions of all the plants in Chernarus and it has some new landscape. Hope the map is large. Wonder if the scripting additions to Liberation 44 will be included?