Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

I sure hope to see Czech Mi-24V hunting down that General Miyovic ;) ... with parralax HUD incorporated ;)

Preordered. Always nice to support our Czech brothers. :)

Thank you Bohemia Interactive.

Dingo 2 Dingo 2 Dingo 2 :D

I wonder if we will get a small nr. of OPFOR units that go with this maps :confused:

A nobrainer for me... cheap price for new A2 content and the ongoing product support we enjoy!

/KC

When we grabbed screen shots on powerful PC with perfect settings and process the properly so they look fine, users complained that it is not how their game look on their systems. This time we grabbed them on crap PC with terrible settings and saved them with bad compression, and now you complain as well. Hard to understand you, people :confused:

Sure people will moan when a new game/engine doesn't look as great on their PC as it does in screenshots; but your DLC customers probably already have a fair idea of how the engine looks on their PC, and therefore have a fairly informed idea of how "bad" the DLC might look for them, regardless of the setting you use. I'd have thought you'd be quite safe in maxing out DLC screenshots ;)

But I guess it works both ways: we know whether the DLC is going to look better on our PCs than in the screenshots, so there's not much point in us moaning about the low settings. I know it'll probably look better on my PC and with that knowledge, I've paid for the pre-order. :)

Looking forward to finding out the release date this Summer (bet it's when I'm out of the country on vacation)! Also glad to see you guys have got the opportunity to give your own nation's armed forces a starring role after all these years.

Glad to see more official content for ARMA 2, I will definately buy this! It's great that BI are continuing to support and expand the game even with their next installment on the horizon.

Nice to see it actually is a Czech army DLC (Pandur IIs....:o)

I have to ask though. Call me old fashioned or simply reluctant to this whole digital-distribution thing, but is this dlc going to be available in any way other than digital download?

Just preordered!! :)

Very surprised and so glad to see another DLC for Arma2, and this is another mean to support the awesome BI team...Can't wait for playing with new Czech forces!

The Dingo2 :yay:

...and you, Colonel Miyovic, you are already dead, that's me I'm saying to you!!! :681:

They must have been sitting on that summer Chernarus map(with the river coast) for a while.

I remember a screenshot from it being in the background of something. I would say it was at least a year ago if not two?

Either way, this is very good value for the money. Looking forward to hear some feedback on it.

Edited by sparks50

Pre-ordered!

When we grabbed screen shots on powerful PC with perfect settings and process the properly so they look fine, users complained that it is not how their game look on their systems. This time we grabbed them on crap PC with terrible settings and saved them with bad compression, and now you complain as well. Hard to understand you, people :confused:

Who in their right mind would complain and demand poor pictures above quality pictures? Especially considering that these screenshots are being used as promotion for the DLC. I can't understand that either.. :confused: Though I guess you could compromise and release one low quality version and one high quality version of a scenery, if the opportunity arises again.

you can have one cockpit less plane or few recycled mp maps in DLCs to some other games for similar price point :)

Oh, humbug..! ;)

And of course we intend to release free ACR Lite content. We believe it worked great for PMC and BAF and this release should be no different (except for the new terrain, which contains a lot of data, it may not be be best idea to include it in the patch due to size and relatively limited art quality).

I'm very happy BI keeps this philosophy intact. :) Would it perhaps be possible to have a separate download link to the lite version of the maps?

Really? A new DLC ~3 months before the product is superceded? How peculiar. You might plan to continue playing A2 after the release of A3 but I'm sure that was said of A1 as well and not really acted upon.

I for one would welcome news of an official port of all A2/OA/DLC content to A3 at a discounted cost to owners of the originals.

A3 is not 3 months away, it was pushed back to Q4 '12 and possibly Q1 '13.

I particularly interested in the maps.

Every map which is the same as Chernarus are my favorites.

I´m also interested at the Pandur.

The Vehicle need some Work at the moment, but I am confident that it is very good.

A3 is not 3 months away, it was pushed back to Q4 '12 and possibly Q1 '13.

And this DLC is due for release Q3 2012.

@ Maruk : Lol, that was fun.

@ Defunkt. About the DLC, I see many logical reasons for its timing :

1) We've seen pictures of this summer setting a long time ago (last year ? before PMC at least), so they probably had it in the drawers but it was postponed for whatever reason. but if they don't release it now, it will never be released because of A3 so this would be wasted material for good. Better late than never.

2) They may need more funding because Carrier Command and Arma 3 have been postponed. If Arma 3 needs more time and resources to be bug free (as much as it can be), that's a way to get some extra money.

3) If people are happy to pay for it and it didn't take away from other important stuff. Why not... Maybe it stated like Proving Grounds, as a testbed for new inhouse artists, and then they decided to make it official.

Edited by EricM

In tradition with BI's release dates, I don't think ArmA 3 will be out this year. There also the case that they wanted to release CC:GM before ArmA 3, which only leaves October and November - two months which are usually littered with AAA products. Right now, I see Q1 2013 as the ideal window to launch ArmA 3.

Indeed, interesting. :eek:

Edited by colossus

And this DLC is due for release Q3 2012.

Q3 starts next month :)

Xeno

Great news!

What I'm hoping for is an unlocked campaign, as in you can dePBO it and play around with it in the editor. I would of had so much more fun with the BAF and PMC campaign if I was able to do this.

Q3 starts next month :)

Sure but it could also release at the end of the quarter, hence why I said ~3 months (i.e. somewhere between 0 and 6 months). Look if they already had it and people want to buy it why not? But my community has more or less stopped playing A2 and is now eyeing A3 as the resumption of ArmA, so it seems odd to me.

Okay. I will buy this. Slight knock on my telescope plans, but I think I can stomach it 8I.

Also, new fancy gunssssss....

I'm upset with BIS. This is actually pretty low.

Not even the fact that this DLC is going to be released 4 months before ArmA3 and won't work with ArmA3 is the problem.

But the fact that they hired complete amateurs to do it.

New maps look so ugly they almost make my eyes bleed. And they reuse old assets too.

BIS wants money for this? For real?