Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

This is so beautifull, OMG look that AI guy threw a grenade at him!

That happenes quite often in ArmA2 too (Domination experience). But yeah, it looks really nice. I love the ability to aim without optics with gun with optics! Or did I just miss it in ArmA2 (without ACE)?

That happenes quite often in ArmA2 too (Domination experience). But yeah, it looks really nice. I love the ability to aim without optics with gun with optics! Or did I just miss it in ArmA2 (without ACE)?

You can do that in OA vanila.

They also split the actual presentation into 6 separate videos, so that will be at least 6 bottles if they are released between June 4th and 7th. :butbut:

They're really trying to get us drunk, don't they?

BIS, are you trying to get into my pants? bca2463f5796028eba7c8269e8ab73a3-10-memes-that-originated-from-tv-shows.jpg

Secondary ironsights on certain scoped weapons have been there since OA, though ACE had introduced them before that. They're here to stay in vanilla, which is great.

Those new vanilla animations will make for a more dynamic PVP experience in CQB or urban environments. ;)

You can do that in OA vanila.
Secondary ironsights on certain scoped weapons have been there since OA, though ACE had introduced them before that. They're here to stay in vanilla, which is great.

Well, that explains why G36 only CTF missions with disabled crosshair are made =) Thanks.

This is so beautifull, OMG look that AI guy threw a grenade at him!

I was happy about that too :D

Made good use of the equipment he had couldn't hit the player behind solid cover so chucked a grenade instead.

Subtle AI improvements will make Arma 3 really shine.

Well, they did say that we are to expect to see more and more 3rd party library to be used by them.

Looks like you guys put alot of work into that E3 demo! Hate to see it go unappreciated after the show. Hmm, maybe you should release the E3 demo to the public after E3. ;)

Looks like you guys put alot of work into that E3 demo! Hate to see it go unappreciated after the show. Hmm, maybe you should release the E3 demo to the public after E3. ;)

That would be the Community Alpha, probably minus the campaign mission Deterrence.

That would be the Community Alpha, probably minus the campaign mission Deterrence.

That actually makes sense. it would neatly organize what BI wants tested... but why minus Deterrence?

I think it boils down to what BI has released before. Granted one of them was on a different game.

Take On Helicopters didn't have missions nor did Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, and these two were betas, mind you.

Then again, in the sense of optimizing it might be good to have a mission that can stress test the computer a bit.

Edited by colossus

I really just want to get a feel for the performance on my rig :)

I really just want to get a feel for the performance on my rig

same. I think that it would be good for BI to release some basic missions that will test certain features out. They don't necessarily have to be entertaining, but it would help them focus their bug searches. But maybe that would be more for the Beta? what do I know, I have never participated in an alpha or beta before. Sure am looking forward to this though.

We are going to

:biggrin:

wow. amazing lighting and handling of the game. cant wait to see more. and those sounds of the bullets hitting. and those cover stances! wow again.

edit: and what is armex game mode?

Edited by twisted

ArmeX is pretty much Armory in a multiplayer mode.

It remains to be seen how the alpha plays to know how far arma 3 is too release. BF3 had a beta but that was just a ploy for more attention, that beta was basically the full release handed to a limited amount of players. The current cs go beta is a fantastic example on how a real beta should work. It pretty much felt like **** the first 2 months. And now finally its beginning to get good (because of weekly updates). It still needs some tweaks tho, especially audio.

I know that there is usually a huge gap between alpha and release performance, but with all the new engine features, I'm really anxious to see what my machine does with a less than optimized build of the game, especially on directx 10 (or 11 if that happens). Honestly, I have been antsy about this game since announce. I feel like a crack addict.

Im still waiting for the announcment that the EA press conference will be chanceled and BIS showing a 3 hour livestream of Arma 3 instead:cool:

Im still waiting for the announcment that the EA press conference will be chanceled and BIS showing a 3 hour livestream of Arma 3 instead:cool:

Thanks to certain website newsletter (spike*caugh*caugh) I have learned that despite my impression major game companies will in fact come up with presentations.

Might be because I don't own a console myself that this came as surprise to me.

Please excuse the lengthy post.

Well, Activision and EA Games both have press conferences to show they are still relevant. There will be bearded man involved and lots of shaky and badly framed shots of before-mentioned, possibly with explosions. They are rumored to have ingame footage for BlobBloop2, oh boy. I find it funny how I am mentally treating Av+EA as one entity now.

Before someone points out: yes, I am aware of their history.

Having killed some of the best simulation series in history Ubisoft is still alive and kicking but they don't seem to have brought anything relevant for PC gaming. They make one game each year and it happens to be Assassin's Creed. Guess what they will show this year.

(Apparently they have nothing to show of the new Rainbow Six yet).

Then there is Nintendo and for the life of me I have no idea if Nintendo makes any video games anymore. All their IPs are 10+ years old. I don't think I'm the target audience but this is bound to get at least 30% time and articles because it's Nintendo and apparently Nintendo is important (only in USA).

One of their games has "Mario" in title.

I almost forgot about Crysis3 again. Yes I am disappointed with where this series went, but I suppose this game might actually draw some attention.

Sony... Well, they now have a zombie game of their own. Might be a bit behind times.

So most attention from mainstream game media (sic) will be focused on multiplat/console titles since that's where their audiences are, but there aren't really that many of those this year and PC-wise ArmA3 might be the best exclusive out there this year.

If only E3 was exclusively about PC gaming...

I'm dying to see a night firefight.

That would be nice. I got the impression that at E3 they would just be walking around in the night showing muzzle flashes, nightvision, reflections etc, individually. But if they were to actually have a firefight at night to show off these features that would indeed be awesome. But at the same time I hope that the Deterrence mission is in day. That way I can better analyse changes at work.