Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

Questions, questions, and more questions....

Lets hope the coming few dayz will enlighten us a bit more, and if not: Im sure the community will have a pile of questions to ask for the Dirty Dozen

I see what you did there.

I am spamming the social channels. :D

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Noun3avuYy7gNxyWR1Nl4BS5lEa40J3_Dd1ZVM9Wo7A/edit

Day-z isn't really a zombie hype. Its a survival hype. At least in my opinion. xD

DayZ is a survival. You have to survive from not just zombies, but from everyplayer who isn't in your party, cause he need to survive just like you:)

Okay is it confirmed that dayz is going to be a standalone game? I would be really happy if it were. More money for BIS and more creative freedom with dayz without alienating the realism fanatics that play arma. It would also give me another way to throw money at BIS.

And I agree that there are no other good games at E3. Only fancy graphics.

Okay is it confirmed that dayz is going to be a standalone game? I would be really happy if it were. More money for BIS and more creative freedom with dayz without alienating the realism fanatics that play arma. It would also give me another way to throw money at BIS.

And I agree that there are no other good games at E3. Only fancy graphics.

Alienating the realism crowd?

Jesus with DayZ we have more realism in arma 2 than ever before.(- the zombis)

Broken legs, shock, illness food water hunting animals to get some food.

death has some kind of consequence.

ehm i hope arma takes a big bite and inspiration from dayz, screw the zombis.

I hope the add the first aid packs and morphine and all that things to the acr addon or even better to arma 3 to let the medics do a little more than just magical healing.

I almost barfed a little in my mouth looking at some other games... Shiny fancy graphics but inane story lines and game-play. Not to mention their tech is held back by ancient consoles. BI is my last hope for quality PC entertainment.

Alienating the realism crowd?

Jesus with DayZ we have more realism in arma 2 than ever before.(- the zombis)

Broken legs, shock, illness food water hunting animals to get some food.

death has some kind of consequence.

Yeah that's true but I know many of the new dayz players want less of that realism. making it a standalone game lets BI be as creative as they want. They can add in unrealistic features that way to please there new crowd of Dayz lovers. But yeah I agree arma could learn a bit from dayz.

Goodmorning! i see we all have 'bugged' people on twitter, with good results.

Good, i'll take first watch :)

---------- Post added at 06:08 ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 ----------

OMG they are already awake.

AumbAk5CMAA7CET.jpg

Edited by jerryhopper

Aaaargh, why must so many big names use that ugly high contrast filtering that makes colors a bit more dull, everything seem oily, overly shiny and the sky turn WHITE! Crysis 1 was gorgeous because it was so richly colored, crysis 3 looks nice but it's nowhere near as elegant or beautiful. Worse yet, need for speed is using the damn thing. Why do we even b other making high color telvisions and monitors when so many game developers keep using the hideous style FOR EVERYTHING.

Edited by NodUnit

Aaaargh, why must so many big names use that ugly high contrast filtering that makes colors a bit more dull, everything seem oily, overly shiny and the sky turn WHITE! Crysis 1 was gorgeous because it was so richly colored, crysis 3 looks nice but it's nowhere near as elegant or beautiful. Worse yet, need for speed is using the damn thing. Why do we even b other making high color telvisions and monitors when so many game developers keep using the hideous style FOR EVERYTHING.

It's not the high contrast that dulls the colors, it's the lack of saturation (or lack of adjustment) that does it, and they do it intentionally to mimic the bleach bypass method in movies, which while nice for effect when necessary, has been overdone since Saving Private Ryan made it chic. I'd like to see a game have the balls to mimic the effects of cross-processing of film. If you need a movie example of that, see Man on Fire, the most of not the whole thing was treated with that process.

I wonder what will get more coverage. DayZ or ArmA III. I remember when they were showing off Take On Helicopters at last years E3 and no one seemed to care about it, they wanted to see ArmA III. I wonder if ArmA III will be pushed aside for DayZ this time.

What will the difference be between ARMA II Dayz and Dayz standalone?

Where you heard that there will be DayZ standalone? - the guy meant he will talk with Rocket (BIS dev who is also a dev of DayZ)

Who knows. I'm sure they could come up with new maps or something. Add in more content. It would be more polished. But, no one has said anything yet.

Take a look at Iron Front and the LIB44 mod.

Question : shall i start a live radio-show with skype dialins later today?

We all can discuss/cover the nonsense of other games, and ofcource BIS's excellent products?