Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

The one, single thing you're most looking forward to?

froggyluv, he means not having to make units playable one by one. I looked it up and found a thread about it. That helped me understand what you were talking about. That would be pretty useful. In fact, it'd be useful if you could not only do that for all units, but if you could drag and select some units, and edit common values for those units. Like skill level, rank, all those, but if you could kinda multiselect and then edit the skill level for say 5 out of 10 units, or something like that.

You can do that by makign another unit playable and then when you die, you just use switch

team control to switch to that unit, but only if theres units alive and available and its only for SP.

Wow wish I knew this 2 years ago.

LOL learn something new everyday.

Ya right on, they seriously need to do that, I think it should be out of the question not to add it because well... it only makes sense,

if they can do all the stuff their doing with the new engine, then why not this.

If they dont implement it, then i will seriously make it project and do it myself, lol kinda of like i did with my WarMod series.

I was actually considering on doing this last year when i posted about it, even before anything of Arma3 was announced.

I'm in the editor almost all the time and I find it annoying as fark to have to edit multiple units individually.

Another aspect to that though is to have it where like you said antoine is edit common values for those units where you could have

the option to keep a window open, instead of just highlight selects from a list to make playable or even select from the list to change

units ranks and so forth but a window open whilst you have the units selected, and then change code properties in the init of each unit,

like the unit name, and codes dependent on names.

i think this feature would have to work off of the highlight when you draw a box, it should give you an option of what you want to do,

but then again have another feature where you can have it where you can set the highlight options somewhere else, kinda of like have

a settings button in the editor under the F keys, and then you can configure the editor to how you want to edit, or tick options you want to use while editing.

Should also be able to apply this highlight function to multiple triggers, and maybe waypoints that you wish to edit.

Why just units, why not anything that you can highlight.

Wow wish I knew this 2 years ago.

LOL learn something new everyday.

Lol ya, but it only works in Arma1, Arma2, and Arma2CO and up, wont do it in OFP, I think that team switch feature was implemented in Arma1 cuz i dont remember it in OFP.

But the team switch default button is T, just make sure you have units playable, under your command or not, and then when you die, of course you dont

need to die but just hit T and a window will pop up and you can switch to any and all available units, no matter where they are at, but only in SP.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Really looking forward to the diving, although the underwater shooting we saw in one of the videos looked... "interesting"

Hope for better AI in close combat. As for now ai in rainbow six or call of duty often is much more efficient at distance up to 10-20 meters.

Of course strategic thinking is useful, but when enemy ai (who just turned over the corner in 5 meters) starts running straight away from you down the alley in order to find cover (with his back exposed to the hostile guns for 5-10 sec), rather than to just to shoot you down - its a bit frustrating.

holding the line with 300 NATO troops against millions of Persian´s!

madness?

Nothing, just gonna buy it since it's best in it's genre. Then gonna complain about how it's 2 easy and rage when some guy shoots me over 25 km with auto-lock missle.

That last part could be what I am looking forward too :)

You mean
. Yup, I hope so too.

Yes thats it :) It's usually worse for me than that video shows. I would be very happy if Arma3 has fixed that.

PhysX, the new lighting system, smoother animations that aren't so poppy.

I've been experimenting with PhysX SDK 3.2 and I'm very very excited with the results. I'm going to deliver a mod that will put a big smile on the faces of all the fans who have been requesting a realistic vehicle damage system.

I've been experimenting with PhysX SDK 3.2 and I'm very very excited with the results. I'm going to deliver a mod that will put a big smile on the faces of all the fans who have been requesting a realistic vehicle damage system.

Not wanting to rain on your parade mate, but no one even knows yet how modding in Arma3 will work with respect to PhysX, nor any of the other new features for that matter. In order for modders to tinker with the PhysX engine as directly as you apparently want to, BIS would have to expose the physical simulation and API in some form. Even if they did that, which I believe to be unlikely, it will most likely be a whole different ball game than writing your own application.

Before you get too excited, I would recommend waiting for the Alpha test or at least some further info.

Before you get too excited, I would recommend waiting for the Alpha test or at least some further info.

I'll continue my experiments until then, but I'm feeling optomistic. :)

5ZA3ribzs_U

Nice vid. I wonder how hard it will be to model that vehicle damage. (I know nothing about modelling lol :p)

Well if i had to pick just one thing, it would be everything :D

33z662g.jpg

Nice vid. I wonder how hard it will be to model that vehicle damage. (I know nothing about modelling lol :p)

It's a slice of cake.

E5UQzELEgNA

Some people seem to think that all you need to do is take the RV Engine and feature XY and then do this:

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png