Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

Aliabad Region - Version 1.1 Released!

Everythings better with a cup of tea!

Just a headsup everybody, I will release an update tomorrow (or possibly even tonight), be ready for it! changelog includes:

- added a small new village, more compounds, ruins, rocks and various details to the area between the northern farmlands and the coast.

- added more buildings to the village of Abad, making it a bit larger.

- lowered a few buildings to try and avoid the AI from falling through the floor when entering.

- added a couple of lamps to Abad and Ahmad Golam.

- added a few more markers to the map (named a couple of ridges and such)

- added (hopefully correct) support for 8 digit GPS coordinates and ACE DAGR

hey McNools:

I'm making 2 more SP missions on your map:

Ground Attack 2 and Black Hawk Ride.

BTW, have you tried the other ones I've released on your map?

Hey! sounds good :) Haven't tried the missions yet, but I have the day off tomorrow, so I might find the time then. :)

Thanks mate! I'll have a look at that. :) I suppose you don't mind if I include it? I'll credit you of course!

Of course not bud, it's the least I can do, in return for the good fun I'm going to have on your map.

Thanks for the great map, McNools. It's been tons of fun to play on and work with so far. Here is a mission I've made for it, hopefully you'll have time to try it out.

1.1 has been released on the first page! :)

(thanks for the map mueller, I'll try to check it out!)

Haha, glad to hear it! I hope you all like the update, and that the new buildings don't ruin any missions you've made, :)

it's ok for me, the update doesn't ruin my missions

Hi Mc Nools,

I tried some other modules last night, Ambient Civilians worked awesome out of the box :) cars driving around and everything, ive never had any real joy with this module even on default islands.

I had an issue with the Warfare module though, if i played as taki my AI buddies will kill me as soon as they spawn? could a map effect that? sorry i didnt test on other islands but will do after work to see if its something im doin wrong, no biggie, just messn around on the map.

Anyway looking forward to more compounds in the north.

I hope you continue to make maps, this ones damn near perfect!

Nice to see that. Will try asap

good work :)

Is the military air base ready ? I can not zoom in on it as its too far to the right of my screen.

HAZ

I had an issue with the Warfare module though, if i played as taki my AI buddies will kill me as soon as they spawn? could a map effect that? sorry i didnt test on other islands but will do after work to see if its something im doin wrong, no biggie, just messn around on the map.

Hm, I don't think the map should affect this, check on other maps aswell if you have the time. :) and thanks for your compliments!

Is the military air base ready ? I can not zoom in on it as its too far to the right of my screen.

HAZ

Sorry, there won't be any airbase on the map, an airbase on such a small map would take too much focus from the rest of the map in my opinion,

Dammit McNools, you work fast! Just downloaded version 1.0 yesterday, LOL :)

I've got my eyes on this one to port my mission to :)

Not having airbases is not a problem - it just means that you won't have to dodge falling GBUs !

Good-speed, McNools. Thanks for v1.1. I'll definitely include both of your great desert-type islands/terrains in my upcoming campaign which will take place in vanilla A2:CO desert terrains as well.

Thanks for the swift update, I spat my tea out reading the news :)

One thing, is it me or is the map limit and placement of the airfield near impossible to zoom into and focus on the airfield to make specific placement of things in the editor? I can only use it butted up to the right hand command column of the editor full zoomed out, I cant drag over to center on it while zoomed in.

Anyone else?

Thanks miller!

And mrcash2009, it's not just you, it has been mentioned before, there isn't actually any airfield, it's just defined in the config since figured I didn't know what the results would be if I removed it (and how to remove it), so I just let it be. Same as I did with Hazar-Kot :)

Edit: just so you all know, the mirror on armaholic has been updated with the 1.1 version aswell :)

Edited by McNools

Ah I see, ok, no problem I just saw it and wanted to make a base template at it. Instead I will get an FOB template further in the map outskirts.

This may be a red herring, but near the open expanse areas, do any other people find helis get caught in a cycle of thinking about landing then circle off again and re attempt, and so on (never landing) but in around populated town sections its ok? This could be a script I have having an issue with itself, but if anyone can try landing heli using AI direction try it out in the expanse areas (not populated as much) I am not saying its this map, trying to work out if its me :)

McNools, excuse me for popping up that grass thing again, but imho this tiny visual detail is the only thing, which prevents this map from being perfect: ;)

One minor suggestion for improvement though:

The brighter, higher type of grass clutter pops up quite annoyingly, which tends to break my immersion.

In Hazar Kot that type of grass does not seem to be used? Maybe it should have more levels of detail, or simply remove it?

That's correct, I didn't use that grass in Hazar-Kot, the tall grass is the same as the lower bright grass, just scaled up quite a bit, while it does pop up rather badly I love how it looks up close, I'm not sure if it's possible to do anything to make it look better from a distance, since I'm just using an existing model, but if there is please let me know. :)

(also, I believe increasing the terrain detail setting might help, although it will require more performance)

I am running the game with max details, but the popup effect is still very present.

So may I suggest one of the following:

- Provide an (optional) replacement config PBO, which removes the scaled up grass clutter, or replaces it with the original scale version

or

- maybe simply remove it?

I would be more than grateful for any solution :yay:

A.

As lovely as your last Mod mate.

Just been dl and had some fun in editor, and it looks very nice.

Think I gonna get me ARMA2 friends to get your two maps, as they are imo, better then the "native" ones :)

I am running the game with max details, but the popup effect is still very present.

So may I suggest one of the following:

- Provide an (optional) replacement config PBO, which removes the scaled up grass clutter, or replaces it with the original scale version

or

- maybe simply remove it?

I would be more than grateful for any solution :yay:

A.

Well, if I would release replacement-config that would unbalance things for MP gameplay etc. however, if you only place SP, you can look up how to unpbo the file using Eliteness, convert the config.bin to config.cpp (also using eliteness) and find this part:

class Ali_GrassDryLong: DefaultClutter

{

model = "CA\plants_e\Clutter\c_GrassDesert_GroupSoft_EP1.p3d";

affectedByWind = 0.65;

swLighting = 1;

scaleMin = 1.65;

scaleMax = 2.2;

};

and change

scaleMin = 1.65;

scaleMax = 2.2;

to:

scaleMin = 0.7;

scaleMax = 1;

and then remove the original config.bin and repack the pbo, should work, :)

Updated on Six Updater Network.

5.3 MB delta

sent 5.32M bytes received 75.44K bytes 250.89K bytes/sectotal size is 110.76M speedup is 20.53