Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

So I tried Direct Sound in a game tonight, same issue, different error.

http://pastebin.com/UHaTMyYs

This time around it seems these errors were the cause.

2012-12-01 18:37:31.418435|WARNING |Direct Sound | | RenderDeviceContext::int_processData m_DS->m_Callbacks.getPlaybackData time 22 msecs

2012-12-01 18:37:31.454437|WARNING |Direct Sound | | RenderDeviceContext::int_processData outerLoop proc (3) time: 58 msecs

2012-12-01 18:37:32.464495|WARNING |Direct Sound | | RenderDeviceContext::int_processData slept for 46 msecs

Any ideas? Thanks again.

Earlier post here

Loving ACRE.

Any chance we'll get new radios any time soon? I'd love to see some East radios as well as Civilian stuff (UHF walkie talkies, CB radios, ham stuff even!)

Hi guys! I got some problems here...

I remove the 343 radio at the mission start, but when i respawn i always have one 343. If i respawn again i have two 343 and so on.

I'm using a revive script, here the code:

Init.sqf

[] spawn 
{
while {true} do 
{
	_body = player;
               WaitUntil {sleep 0.1; !Alive player};
              _respawn = [_body] spawn BTC_player_killed;
              WaitUntil {Alive player};
       };
};

BTC_player_killed

BTC_player_killed =
{
titleText ["", "BLACK OUT"];
_body = _this select 0;
_weapons = weapons _body;
_magazines = magazines _body;
_dir = getDir _body;
_pos = getPosATL vehicle _body;
removeAllWeapons _body;
titleText ["", "BLACK FADED"];
titleText ["", "BLACK FADED"];
WaitUntil {Alive player};
player switchMove "AinjPpneMstpSnonWrflDnon";
player setVehicleInit "this allowdamage false";ProcessInitCommands;
removeAllWeapons player;
{player addMagazine _x} foreach _magazines;
{player addWeapon _x} foreach _weapons;
player selectWeapon (primaryWeapon player);
};

Any help?

Hey guys we are trying to start a TvT campaign featuring I44 and Acre.But our 2 tests didn't go as predicted.

The server crashed both times but it has never been under stress. (only 25% Bandwidth used and 5% memory used)

the machine is

Intel® Xeon® E3-1275 Quad-Core

Clock Speed

3.5 GHz

inkl. Hyper-Threading-Technologie

memory 32 GB ECC RAM

with SSD

NIC 1 GBit OnBoard

Bandwidth 250 MBit

Backup Space 100 GB

Traffic Unlimited*

Also the mission has very little code in it(only 90kb) but we have continuosly nodesync-yellow chain-red chain in this order for some minutes than the server crashed definitively.

Could it be related to the fact that TS3 server was different from game server?

We are not sure how acre interfaces itself with arma and ts3 and we tought that having players in a server different from the gaming one could give an increase in performances.

Sorry for bad english, we hope some acre's guru can shed some light on how set everything properly to host a big TvT using this beatiful addons,otherwise we are forced to host without acre and losing a big part of the fun

Thx in advance

One script error with JayArma2Lib, not sure whether this is right place to post it.

I frequently see in my RPT:

Error in expression <
};
_args = _args + _str;

};
_return = _JERR_ERR_U;
_call = _functionName + ",">
 Error position: <_JERR_ERR_U;
_call = _functionName + ",">
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _jerr_err_u
File x\jayarma2lib\addons\common\XEH_preinit.sqf, line 24

quick question... the OP , at the top states:

Current TS3 Support: 3.0.9.2

then the change log and armaholic both say current support is only 3.0.9

Not 3.0.9.2

So which is it ... Which version is currently supported?

Another question...

I realized that when a player respawns and you give to the new unit all the gear he had, ACRE assigns automatically a new ID to the new radio.

I'm wondering how much this can afflict the server performance...Last time i played a big tvt event with ACRE (80+ players) the server crashed and the mission had about 500 radio's ID.

Sorry for my english, i'd really hope someone can help me!

Hey guys we are trying to start a TvT campaign featuring I44 and Acre.But our 2 tests didn't go as predicted.

The server crashed both times but it has never been under stress. (only 25% Bandwidth used and 5% memory used)

the machine is

Intel® Xeon® E3-1275 Quad-Core

Clock Speed

3.5 GHz

inkl. Hyper-Threading-Technologie

memory 32 GB ECC RAM

with SSD

NIC 1 GBit OnBoard

Bandwidth 250 MBit

Backup Space 100 GB

Traffic Unlimited*

Also the mission has very little code in it(only 90kb) but we have continuosly nodesync-yellow chain-red chain in this order for some minutes than the server crashed definitively.

Could it be related to the fact that TS3 server was different from game server?

We are not sure how acre interfaces itself with arma and ts3 and we tought that having players in a server different from the gaming one could give an increase in performances.

Sorry for bad english, we hope some acre's guru can shed some light on how set everything properly to host a big TvT using this beatiful addons,otherwise we are forced to host without acre and losing a big part of the fun

Thx in advance

In order to confirm the cause of the problem you would have to re-create the same conditions while removing mods one at a time until you correct the problem. Once youve done that the mod whose removal fixed the problem is the problem.

There is no interface between the arma 2 server and the ts3 server. The interface is between the arma 2 server and the arma 2 client(player), then from the arma 2 client(player) to the ts3 client. Thus, having separate ts3 and arma 2 servers should be fine

quick question... the OP , at the top states:

Current TS3 Support: 3.0.9.2

then the change log and armaholic both say current support is only 3.0.9

Not 3.0.9.2

So which is it ... Which version is currently supported?

Go to Help->View Changelog on the teamspeak 3 client. If the section for the new version of teamspeak does not contain a line similar to

+ Increased Plugin API version to 19

then it is a pretty good bet that ACRE should be just fine as it is

Another question...

I realized that when a player respawns and you give to the new unit all the gear he had, ACRE assigns automatically a new ID to the new radio.

I'm wondering how much this can afflict the server performance...Last time i played a big tvt event with ACRE (80+ players) the server crashed and the mission had about 500 radio's ID.

Its possible that tracking all of those radios could cause a problem but it would need testing to positively confirm that.

@gmt2001

we did test the same mission,same mod(only @i44,@cba,@acre, @JayArmA2Lib) same players:

without acre:it worked perfectly no desync,no server crash,smooth game ecc

with acre: desync,lag,server crash

now we are not acre developers but just people who love to play with this addon,we are trying everything to enjoy our TvT campaign.

we would love some help from the people used to host similar events with acre enabled (the first name that come to my mind is SchackTac)

Anyone know why I am getting this error while ingame?

"ACRE has experienced a pipe error (most likely a timeout) and pipe is now closing!"

tried all the websites troubleshooting steps, re-installed TS3, re-installed JayArma2Lib_new and ACRE, and re-installed all my plugins.

Does somene managed to host large TvT(80+ players) with acre and respawn?

Does somene managed to host large TvT(80+ players) with acre and respawn?

UO have managed it, maybe not always with respawn but there have defiantly been 80+ player missions (both coop and TvT) with ACRE that work flawlessly.

@NouberNou

Could you help me?

Another question...

UO have managed it, maybe not always with respawn but there have defiantly been 80+ player missions (both coop and TvT) with ACRE that work flawlessly.

i'd really like to know how they set server cfg.

Because we are able to handle 90 ppl playing and respawning for 90 mins with no problems at all but we didn't succed at doing the same with acre

Anyone know why I am getting this error while ingame?

"ACRE has experienced a pipe error (most likely a timeout) and pipe is now closing!"

tried all the websites troubleshooting steps, re-installed TS3, re-installed JayArma2Lib_new and ACRE, and re-installed all my plugins.

Run both Teamspeak and ArmA2 as administrator, everytime I heard about that error, it was fixed that way.

Run both Teamspeak and ArmA2 as administrator, everytime I heard about that error, it was fixed that way.

I've already checked that many times, also my ACRE has been working since the mod came out, it has only stopped working now, and I don't know why.

The problem is something much deeper, it would be nice if a dev could explain the error and give a few things that may affect it, besides running as administrator or course.

i'd really like to know how they set server cfg.

Because we are able to handle 90 ppl playing and respawning for 90 mins with no problems at all but we didn't succed at doing the same with acre

One thing you could try is loading in people one by one or group by group, I think that shacktac do it when they are hosting a big a group with acre.

One thing you could try is loading in people one by one or group by group, I think that shacktac do it when they are hosting a big a group with acre.

we did this way too but it wasn't enough.we need to find proper setting in order to manage to interface server and clients using acre without crash/desync.

Up to 60 player acre works fine,when you get 80+ the server start desync and also crash.

The server isn't the problem because managment tools said the machine wasn't under stress,and we played the same game without acre with the same people in with no problems at all.

We really need a specific server cfg,the best for us it's one used by Shacktac and/or UO

Any way to reassign the same radioID?

The only way to do this would be to take the old radio off of the dead body and give it to the person after they respawn. If you give someone the actual radio that they had before the IDs shouldnt change

@gmt2001

we did test the same mission,same mod(only @i44,@cba,@acre, @JayArmA2Lib) same players:

without acre:it worked perfectly no desync,no server crash,smooth game ecc

with acre: desync,lag,server crash

now we are not acre developers but just people who love to play with this addon,we are trying everything to enjoy our TvT campaign.

we would love some help from the people used to host similar events with acre enabled (the first name that come to my mind is SchackTac)

we did this way too but it wasn't enough.we need to find proper setting in order to manage to interface server and clients using acre without crash/desync.

Up to 60 player acre works fine,when you get 80+ the server start desync and also crash.

The server isn't the problem because managment tools said the machine wasn't under stress,and we played the same game without acre with the same people in with no problems at all.

We really need a specific server cfg,the best for us it's one used by Shacktac and/or UO

It is possible that while your machine is not under stress that it cant handle running the mod with that many people due to the way the mod is handling the users. For example if the serverside part of the mod has an infinite loop that is supposed to be doing some kind of check or taking some kind of action on every player in the server, it may be that the loop cant handle having so many players at once, especially when you add in the processing that @I44 might have to do. I see that UO and ShackTac have managed it before but im not sure what tricks they might have used to make it work, but its possible that ACE simply diddnt have as much impact on the acre serverside script as @I44. You would have to ask them if they have any insight.

Edited by gmt2001

Hello guys. I made a custom mission MP. I notice that my ACRE is not working. Is there any special step i have to do to make it work. Thank you.

Hey, I've been trying to play the Harvest Red campaign in co-op with a friend, and ACRE works fine when we start the mission but if we have to revert to a save the radio doesn't work anymore. We've both installed everything according the handy ACE and ACRE install guide by the-wrecking-crew.co.uk, I'd post the URL but it seems to be disabled from first posts.

We're using push to talk in teamspeak. Again, if we start a mission over the radio works but when reloading a save we get a "Acre has recovrd from a broken pipe" message and the radio won't work. Directional speech does however, and TS3 says Arma2 is connected. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: We're also starting everything TS3 the game etc in administrator mode. Installed mods: ACE, ACEX, ACEX_RU, ACEX_USNavy, Acre, CBA, CBA_A2, CBA_OA, JayArma2Lib_new, JSRS, JSRS_ACE, st_map_autobrightness, stmovement, expansion/beta r117 - beta patch v1.62.99806

Teamspeak version is 3.0.9.2 and the server is hosted by myself.

Edited by Tuubasoturi