Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

Thanks so much :) but the key for open the radio and switch frequens not working! i have a onkeypress.sqm in the mission file, should i add it there? how?

Hello Norsk. The post wasn't really for you :o

We need more information on how you installed the mod. Win 32 or 64. Ts 32 or 64. etc..

Please give a look at this video. Check if you've done everything fine.

Most common problem is people not launching their TS and Game as Administrator. It's a must.

Edited by hon0

Well it runs in a server computer that runs ACE, ACRE, etc... and on other missionfiles it run perfectly fine! but not on that missionfile i have now :( And yes! i run TS as admin and start the game as admin!

Aaah it doesn't work only for a particular mission? Well in this case sorry I can't help you. I don't know a lot about edition.. :confused:

@hon0, much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Thanks so much :) but the key for open the radio and switch frequens not working! i have a onkeypress.sqm in the mission file, should i add it there? how?

To use ACRE nothing needs to be added to the mission at all except I guess additional radios to various ammo boxes if you want to use something other than the standard issued radio. But again, this should have nothing to do with being able to call up the radio using CTRL-SHIFT-X (default key binding I think).

Perhaps you have not installed ACRE fully or properly.

@hon0, much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

To use ACRE nothing needs to be added to the mission at all except I guess additional radios to various ammo boxes if you want to use something other than the standard issued radio. But again, this should have nothing to do with being able to call up the radio using CTRL-SHIFT-X (default key binding I think).

Perhaps you have not installed ACRE fully or properly.

everything is setup corectly! i have onkeypress script too in the missionfile so maby that corupting the acre key

From Iceberg. An ACRE lover OFCRA's member. We'll send this to all the big ACRE communities we know.. In the hope to get a quick answer. We just love ACRE.

Hello. Let me introduce myself as well as the association of which I am a member.

We are a French Arma 2's association based on the legal association's statut in the French law. Our aim is to create realistic's pvp scenario. USA vs Russia. This realistic aspect is based on number and type of units involve in the battle. There is no respawn in order to improve the players comportments.

We are one of the largest Arma2 French's communities. With around 50 players during main mission.

We are using ACE2, JSRS, our own Addons Pack and since few weeks ACRE, that why I'm writing to you.

We have seen some of your videos on Youtube and we realized that you are using ACRE in a large scale game. I mean with a lot of players that's why we are really interested in sharing with you our mutual acre's exeperience.

Actually we've some trouble of stability during our games. Some people have troubles with radio (they can't use it) but also huge instability of our server since we're using ACRE. We think that ACRE can be the origin of some troubles but not all, that why we try to optimize our ACRE usage during large scale PVP game.

Lets me explain you how we use ACRE during our official games:

- 2 sides: USA vs Russia and around 25vs25 human players.

- Each side has one "battle chef" (CDC) with a long range radio, with is "own " channel, chan 10 for example. This chan will be use by each FT leader to communicate with the "battle chef".

- Each fireteam has a leader equiped with a long range radio with his own internal squad channel (ex chan 1). This leader have to switch between CDC's Channel and Internal squad's channel. He has also a PRC-343 to communicate with his guys in close range area. Usually each side have 3 fireteam.

- Each soldier has a PRC-343 on his specific squad channel.

As we are still testing the ACRE. All the radio are added to the soldier, vehicule.. etc.. via init line.

May be that's why the server goes down when we all connect?

This is how we have organize ACRE in our games. Our problems occur only during large scale game. If we are 20 players it seems to be good, no troubles.

90% of our players use Push to talk.

So we are very interested to know how you manage ACRE during your large scale games.

How you manage it on ground with soldier but also in a more technical point of view with the server or specific things in your mission edition phase, scripts , Teamspeak 3 etc...

Thank you in advance for the time that you will take to share with us your experience.

Let me know if you need more information, technical or not concerning our games.

Best regards.

Iceberg from O.F.C.R.A

everything is setup corectly! i have onkeypress script too in the missionfile so maby that corupting the acre key

What mission are you talking about? And what key are you using to attempt to bring up the radio?

What mission are you talking about? And what key are you using to attempt to bring up the radio?

Takistan life! I have troubleshooted and i have found the error! Before the file onkeypress.sqm file load it work to bring up the radio by the deafult key! but when the onkeypress.sqm file load its not working anymore!! Now i only need the script for activate the command and do all stuff thats include in acre! But i can send missionfile to you and you can look at it! it have been greatfull if i could just disable the onkeypress by a hotkey! but that would corupt the acre again i think

Hey there,

I´d like to ask whether someone else can confirm, that the latest ACRE built is not really compatible with Windows 8.

I´ve figured a strange issue. Once I put the acre_64 plugin into the TS plugins folder, so I can no more assign any key combinations to the recordings setting. But as soon as I remove it again from there, so the assignment of key combinations is working again. Only thing I can assign are mouse buttons.

The ingame functionality is not affected, it is just the assignment of recording or other key combos in the settings with placed and activated plugin.

What I also have noticed. If I install the plugin and deactivate it in the settings so an assignment is not possible ass well.

Memphis

Hey there,

I´d like to ask whether someone else can confirm, that the latest ACRE built is not really compatible with Windows 8.

I´ve figured a strange issue. Once I put the acre_64 plugin into the TS plugins folder, so I can no more assign any key combinations to the recordings setting. But as soon as I remove it again from there, so the assignment of key combinations is working again. Only thing I can assign are mouse buttons.

The ingame functionality is not affected, it is just the assignment of recording or other key combos in the settings with placed and activated plugin.

What I also have noticed. If I install the plugin and deactivate it in the settings so an assignment is not possible ass well.

Memphis

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37999001/Images/TS3%20Hotkey.png

Thanks for the image, so you can assign hotkeycombination in windows 8 by and direct input tab? Will give it a try when I am back at home again.

A friend who has tested the issue on his Laptop had a similar issue as I reported, so he wasnt able to activate the plugin at all...so there is a case with Win8 and ACRE

Takistan life! I have troubleshooted and i have found the error! Before the file onkeypress.sqm file load it work to bring up the radio by the deafult key! but when the onkeypress.sqm file load its not working anymore!! Now i only need the script for activate the command and do all stuff thats include in acre! But i can send missionfile to you and you can look at it! it have been greatfull if i could just disable the onkeypress by a hotkey! but that would corupt the acre again i think

or make a code that its allow the deafult keys also?

Norsk, why are you doing anything with this onkeypress fill? First off what the heck is .sqm...? Pretty sure you mean either .sqs or .sqf. Second don't use those, or if the game mode you are using is using those, then I am sorry, its probably doing things that are far out of the norm for most mods (those special files, most of them are hold overs from OFP and have been replaced by much more advanced event handlers).

Norsk, why are you doing anything with this onkeypress fill? First off what the heck is .sqm...? Pretty sure you mean either .sqs or .sqf. Second don't use those, or if the game mode you are using is using those, then I am sorry, its probably doing things that are far out of the norm for most mods (those special files, most of them are hold overs from OFP and have been replaced by much more advanced event handlers).

i havent done anything with onkeypress file! and it was .sqf! But i havent make this mission file! its takistan life and i have copied from another server, i just edit the script. Have you a soultion to get a better script for keys? because its a TLR server and there i need function that turns on the TLR for open a scripted menu and all the functions!

Okay so I've attempted to add human opfor to a mission.

We've played ACRE co-op for 1000s of hours on this server.

However, now that I'm trying to use human opfor, the second they enter the same channel as blufor their TS3 client crashes.

If I stay in another channel, it works fine.

Any idea why this is? Or will OPFOR need to have their own channel?

i havent done anything with onkeypress file! and it was .sqf! But i havent make this mission file! its takistan life and i have copied from another server, i just edit the script. Have you a soultion to get a better script for keys? because its a TLR server and there i need function that turns on the TLR for open a scripted menu and all the functions!

That is a Takistan Life problem, not an ACRE problem. Please bring it up with them. :)

Nou, is there any Russian Radio in the Mod (something like the 117)? Or one that looks like it could be russian?

At the moment not really. Hopefully in the future there will be. The next version of ACRE should allow community created radios to be made much easier.

Hello Nou,

I´ve read your update on the tracker. I tried that today (direct input and hotkeys) and I discoverd the same issue. As long as I am not connetcted to any server or connected at all, so I can adjust what I want...everythings fine. But when I connect to a server and want to reassign my push to talk button, so no input is possible anymore. This is only when the acre_64.dll is installed in the plugins folder. As soon as I remove the dll again, so I can assign while connected again...please confirm that we are talking about windows 8

Ì have the same problem on windows 7 x64 sp1 - ts3 3.0.9.2 x64 with latest ACRE 1.4.10. Everything is in order and works in game, but I cannot reassign PTT keys in TS3 client when ACRE plugin is active and Im connected to any TS3 server.

Also strange thing happens to a few of my freinds. We tripple checked that everything is fine and they have pretty much the same setup as I do, but their ACRE is not functioning in game. Simply PIPE ERRORS all the time and we cant make it work. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling complete acre, jayaram2lib_new, userconfigs, and ts3 cleints, checked plugins, running all as admin, but still nothing. Very odd since it works for me without any problems. Any help with this issue?

Hey guys! I'm having some trouble.

I'm creating a pvp game with the I44 mod and i want that only one player in a team has a radio.

I know that ACRE gives the 343 automatically but I can't remove it!

I also noticed that when i respawn my 343 is duplicated.

ACRE changes the class name of your radio shortly after mission start. Removing it is a bit tricky and it's been a while since I messed around with finding a method that works (even using removeAllItems might not work if ACRE have already removed the original radio but has not yet added the new radio). You have to either run the command early enough to remove the radio before ACRE gets a chance to, or find a way to figure out when ACRE replaces the radio and remove the new one once it is replaced.

As for saving gear, you can't just save all items when you play with ACRE, as you will possibly save that new radio with a unique class name and then try adding it again, which is something you shouldn't be doing. You'd have to filter through the list of items you saved in your script and remove the radio from there and/or replace it with the base class name. Also, on respawn, when you remove all weapons in order to give the player his saved weapons, you must also remove all his items (including the radio, which again is tricky) and add the saved ones.

Of course, if anyone has a more "clean" way of doing it using ACRE API, I'd be more than happy to hear about it.

Is there a way to run ACRE 1.4.10 without the beta?

The beta is causing the game to crash with a version of MSO i have been playing, and when i connect to the server without the beta i get the error message "ACRE is not connected to Teamspeak".

Is it possible to use the current version of ACRE without using the beta?

I am pretty sure you do not have to run the beta... In fact I am 100% sure you do not have to run the beta.

So why are you running it?

REQUIREMENTS

* CBA - Community Base Addons (not included)

. http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cca

* JayArmA2Lib (Included)

. http://dev-heaven.net/projects/jayarma2lib/wiki

* Arma 2 Beta Build (if using included JayArmA2Lib)

. http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Sorry, thought the beta was a requirement and was the reason I am getting the error "ACRE not connected to Teamspeak" when not using the beta. I am using @jayarma2lib_new from Six, is that the same as the included jayarma2lib in the description?