Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

Actually I am pretty sure this doesn't require the beta right now. It should work on 1.62 final.

You'd have to use the older JayArmA2Lib. Note, though, that a good amount of stability comes out of the latest beta's as well.

Cannot find an older version to download. As far as beta goes, the last 2 betas were fixes for the previous beta. Betas break more than they fix lol.

Doesn't require beta, in my team we use it daily with combined stable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Cannot find an older version to download. As far as beta goes, the last 2 betas were fixes for the previous beta. Betas break more than they fix lol.

Beta's supposed to be that way ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Here is the 7ip I made for the assosiation I'm member.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37999001/ACRE%201.4.8%20%20pour%20TS%203.0.8.1.7z

We're still on 1.4.8 so just pick up the JayArma2lib folder.

I think it should work.

I 1000% guarantee you that you can run the current build of ACRE on the 1.62 stable. If you are trying to run on 1.60 you need the 1.60-1.61 betas. But there is nothing in ACRE at the moment that requires a beta, nor does JayArma2lib require a beta now.

Hello world.

Need some help here.

What are all the game server and Teamspeack server settings we can and MUST modify to fully enjoy ACRE? (i.e client permission, spam settings.. etc..)

We're testing ACRE since some weeks now at the OFCRA assosiation and some of us still have some troubles.

As it's not easy to know if it's personnal problem (They are not all reporting their bugs.. And prefer Rage) or technical one's due to the mod or server configuration I directly ask here.

We're playing pvp mission ~50player + ~ 150IAx. (Both PTT and VA user's have Trouble.)

~50 x prc 343

~15 x prc 148

Personally I never had a problem I couldn't resolve and understand to fix it each time.

Thanks, Antoine

Edited by hon0

Hello world.

Need some help here.

What are all the game server and Teamspeack server settings we can and MUST modify to fully enjoy ACRE? (i.e client permission, spam settings.. etc..)

We're testing ACRE since some weeks now at the OFCRA assosiation and some of us still have some troubles.

As it's not easy to know if it's personnal problem (They are not all reporting their bugs.. And prefer Rage) or technical one's due to the mod or server configuration I directly ask here.

We're playing pvp mission ~50player + ~ 150IAx. (Both PTT and VA user's have Trouble.)

~50 x prc 343

~15 x prc 148

Personally I never had a problem I couldn't resolve and understand to fix it each time.

Thanks, Antoine

Many communities regularly play 100-150 players with radios, and no issues.

We need actual reports and issues to be able to resolve anything or give support. "my shit don't work" is difficult for us to debug.

I don't ask a debug here. Just the astuce and tips to setup the game and TS server correctly.

I kind of have an equal question as hon0, but I got a problem aswell..

So I succeeded to set up a TS3 server on a VPS, ACRE direct chat works, but if someone uses the radio, we hear him twice, once the correct way, ACRE style.

The second time we hear him clean on TS3. (when standing not close to eachother). It happens to be so that turning VON in options -> audio options fixes the problem, but we would have to tell everyone to do so, and once going on a different server turning it back up..... That's no use.

I'm fully available if someone's trying to help me, Skype, Teamviewer, Steam, name it...

This has been an issue for too long.

Turn VON off on your server, then no one can use VON. You aren't hearing them twice on TS3, you are hearing them once on TS3 and another time over VON in Arma2.

hon0, haven't you properly read my post? but we would have to tell everyone to do so, and once going on a different server turning it back up..... That's no use.

I have tried that, works.. but same problem as I just stated above ^

Noubernou, how do I turn VON off on my server? I just wonder if UO had to do the same thing...

One or the other solution.

VOIP is cool while testing the ACRE. Discovering the max radio range etc.. But then just turn it OFF.

For information. The Direct chat volume is related to the effect volume. All the others Voip channel's volumes are set up by the VON volume control.

A little astuce for all of you using the St_Acre_Volume ;

When you use it the side menu pop cause you have to use the mousewheel. This is a little problem as a lot of player use defaut key..

So while the menu is open they can't aim.. Can't shoot. Same things happens while they're leading with the menu.

Here is a simple solution that fix theses problems.

- You must have the same keybind on theses two actions ; "Direct Channel", "Return".

- You should unbind the right mouse button from ; "Return".

- You should unbind the left mouse button from ; "Selected action".

So now you should be able to aim and shoot while navigating in the menu.

To use the St_Acre_Volume ; "Press Direct Channel", "Set it up with mousewheel", "Release AND pressAndRelease again Direct Channel".

Now you can really set your Voice power On the Fly.

If you have some gamer stuff you should be able to deal with this using macrO or Script.

Here is how I've done it with my Logitech G13.

if (event == "G_PRESSED") and (arg == 27) then

PressKey("num6")  // St_Acre_Volume key

elseif (event == "G_RELEASED") and (arg == 27) then
	ReleaseKey("num6")  
	Sleep(10)
	PressKey("backspace")  // Return key
	Sleep(50)
	ReleaseKey("backspace")  

Original post in french.

Edited by hon0

Hon0, thanks alot. So far I wasn't able to set up a dedi server yet due to configs not working or so.

as DisableVON requires a server.cfg, I'll go set up a dedi I guess.

Yet again, thanks alot.

ACRE is now officially fully supported in Play withSIX; http://play.withsix.com/posts/81-play-withsix-major-tech-update

If a server requires ACRE, PwS will automatically install it (if you didn't disable "Include Server mods" :p),

and it will install the ACRE TS3 dll to the TS3 plugins folder as well. (including Windows UAC support).

In the near future we are planning to support also the joining of TS3 server+channel like available in SIX Updater already,

and a new one; optional guided installation of TeamSpeak3 itself, in case it is not detected.

Manual activation of ACRE (or other) mods should appear in the future as well.

Will keep you informed.

Hi guys, I need some help.

So I've succeeded to set up a dedi, but how do I make it so when the player joins the server, it automatically changes his TS3 channel to a channel dedicated to ACRE?

Hey guys, no matter how many times I turn down the playback settings for sound pack volume after getting back into Arma and Acre the volume seems to blast back up. I assume the sound pack volume controls the notification messages. Well it seems to if I test this in TS outside of Arma etc.

i guess just a general question is how should I be setting up volumes properly. I just can't seem to get it correct. It seems to me that direct voice over ACRE is pretty low for me no matter what adjustments I make. The ACRE radio volume seems fine to me.

Hello.

First you should untick theses two box.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this may be the reason why you have to refix your TS's sound pack volume each time.

Then on Teamspeack you should create some new hotkey to be able to set up the Teamspeack's Master Volume On The Fly.

Now go in game with a friend and start a Helicopter Engine. You must be able to communicate with him even in this "extreme" condition.

To fix it properly your headset's volume and TS's Master Volume must not be at 100%.

So now turn the effect Volume from Arma down until you can hear your friend.

It should be fine now. You can turn up and down the Direct Voice communication using the Hotkey linked to the Teamspeack's Master Volume.

And you can turn up and down the Arma effect's volume using your headset's VolumeWheel.

That's why I suggest you to calibrate it at ~75% headset and TS's Master Volume.

Everything is on the Fly. No need to go in the menu anymore.

Hope it helps.

Hon0

Edited by hon0

Hey there.

I'm having some trouble while installing ACRE on a new member's PC.

Win 7 64 bit. TS 64 bit with Acre64's Dll

I have done the installation myself so i'm sure about it. Problem is that I can't tick his Plugin in TS. Acre_win64 is red and it show. "Api = 0".. "Required = 18"

He tried to run it with TS 32 bit and Acre32's Dll and here he can activate the plugin. But it don't work in Game. Cause Win 7 64 I guess.

I read on the web that it can be a Direct' X problem. Or visual C++. Even after update he still have the problem..

Any Idea?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

Hi guys, I need some help.

So I've succeeded to set up a dedi, but how do I make it so when the player joins the server, it automatically changes his TS3 channel to a channel dedicated to ACRE?

For that I think you have to set up the Acre_Clientside_config. In userconfig. On the server of course.

Serverside configs for switching players in your game between channels during briefing vs while in game

This allows for dynamic TVT breifings without having to manually move peoples channels

Edited by hon0

Hey there.

I'm having some trouble while installing ACRE on a new member's PC.

Win 7 64 bit. TS 64 bit with Acre64's Dll

I have done the installation myself so i'm sure about it. Problem is that I can't tick his Plugin in TS. Acre_win64 is red and it show. "Api = 0".. "Required = 18"

He tried to run it with TS 32 bit and Acre32's Dll and here he can activate the plugin. But it don't work in Game. Cause Win 7 64 I guess.

I read on the web that it can be a Direct' X problem. Or visual C++. Even after update he still have the problem..

Any Idea?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

For that I think you have to set up the Acre_Clientside_config. In userconfig.

This would mean he is not actually running 64-bit TS3 like he thinks.