Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

@sancron

As the admin of a 38 player ACE/ACRE public server, I can tell you that the issues you are having are on your end only. No issues here.

Hey, I've been having some very weird ACRE issues. At some point during a game (it generally happens with more radios) my audio will become really choppy, as will my mic. This continues even if I quit ARMA and listen to music or something. Restarting ARMA and TS does not fix it, only a full restart of the computer does. Here is my error log:

pastebin.com/QAz9f254

From what I can tell the problem is the "|Windows Audio Session| | Got 2 or more rendering spaces in same loop 441 1323 882 " part. I have tried many different things to fix it, such as

• Reinstalling TS and ACRE multiple times
  • Updating my audio drivers
  • Buying a sound card
  • Reinstalling ARMA
  • Reinstalling Windows

None of those have worked. Do any of you know what could be happening? I've exhausted my own debug resources. Thank you for any help you can give.

System specs:

CPU: i5-2500K

Mobo: MSI p67a-gd65

Video card: ATI 5850

RAM: 8GB Corsair

HDD: 1TB 7200rpm Western Digital

Edited by Quex

Getting this script errors sometimes when sitting inside a vehicle with a mounted radio (speakers on).

Error in expression <
if(_freq == _transmitFreq && (_carrier distance player) < _closestDistance) the>
 Error position: <distance player) < _closestDistance) the>
 Error Generic error in expression
File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_processRadioSpeaker.sqf, line 77

Not really sure how to reproduce it.

Occasionally get Left and Right channel swapped with ACRE. Usually restarting TS will fix it, but not since the latest release. Anyone know a fix?

Is there any way to get ACRE working without running stuff as administrator? Running TS3 and ArmA2 unelevated causes ACRE not to connect with ArmA2, but I'm wondering if there's a way around that. I've set up both the game and TS so that they don't need admin access to their installation directories.

The reason I want to do this is because running ArmA2 as administrator means that I also have to run all other background programs that expect input (such as my media player) as administrator for their hotkeys to work, and that's a major inconvenience. I don't think there should be any technical limitations to this, so what am I missing?

Turn down (as in off) your UAC.

Windows gets angry at inter-process communications like named pipes if it doesn't have some fairly broad permissions.

Hello.

If the sqwak don't pop it's may be cause you're transmitting in Voice Activation. Change to PTT and do this test. If you talk in direct channel (Normal ptt key) and try to transmit the box will pop but no sqwak. I've done a little tuto video to fix the problem for you who use Voice Activation. So now even if you're talking with people arround you, you can push the radio Key and transmit without waiting your V.A to be off. Go to 1.30 to skip the instalation tuto.

And again, do not quote videos. Infraction +1 http://www.google.fr/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://angrygamers.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/brilliant.jpg&sa=X&ei=dtX2T6bUCsnBhAfPmsS4Cw&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGIf6I0bD4ZB0CFh7YPH5KVbBc04A

Ok so now you can use Voice Activation with Acre without any problem to transmit. However if you Release the RADIO key while you're still talking you can stay "stuck" on the "RADIO PTT" capture profile. So you have to repress the key while not talking to came back on the Voice Activation one.

I have the Same problem. It's due to 5.1. When I set my headset to 2.1 it's fine. So I hope it will be ok in the next release :cool:

PS ; If you want me to edit an English video to explain this I can. This solution is.. Well.. A must have for all people using ACRE with Voice Activation. Hope you'll enjoy. And thanks for this AWESOME mod !! ♥

I see a lot of people with this problem. I think someone from the ACRE group should create some instructions in english for this setup and include in the readme file or instructions for ACRE somewhere.

Edited by Foxhound
quoted video removed

Turn down (as in off) your UAC.

Windows gets angry at inter-process communications like named pipes if it doesn't have some fairly broad permissions.

I don't want to turn off my UAC...

I looked into named pipes, and from what I can see, they're not a privileged resource so you shouldn't need to be elevated for them to work. Here's a year old excerpt from some Skype chat I found in Sixupdater bugtracker:

[23:04:01] jaynus: Frankly

[23:04:06] jaynus: I need to do more research on pipe privledges

[23:04:15] jaynus: because there are supposedly ways around the UAC issues but

[23:04:32] jaynus: I have tried like 5 different methods of setting different ACLs and different full custom security tokens on the pipe

[23:04:34] jaynus: and none of them work

[23:04:46] jaynus: Yah preferebly

[23:04:49 | Edited 23:05:02] jaynus: I'd fix the pipe issue in arma2/acre

[23:04:56] jaynus: so the pipe would be truely annoymous, and it didnt require matching priv's

So, long story short, I reckon that with the current ACRE version there's no way around it, which is a shame.

Edited by Burneddi

I've seen your instructions before and they are excellent for general ACRE setup but do not go into details as outline in that video to solve the specific problem a lot of people run into.

Okay. I'll translate this video in English today. And add all the little tips & tricks I know about ACRE and Arma2's Volume.

Hey guys! I'm having some trouble.

I'm creating a pvp game with the I44 mod and i want that only one player in a team has a radio.

I know that ACRE gives the 343 automatically but I can't remove it!

I also noticed that when i respawn my 343 is duplicated.

The MSO mission crashed with the following error:

ErrorMessage: Warning: preNLOD format in object x\ace\addons\sys_craters\rocko_bombcrater.p3d

this poped up while server crashed

Edited by larsiano
oeps wrong topic sorry! JSRS Dont leave home without it

That is error from ACE not from ACRE...

Okay. I'll translate this video in English today. And add all the little tips & tricks I know about ACRE and Arma2's Volume.

Sorry. Not today.. It will be done in the week.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻â”â”» f**k we're Monday.

I've been looking around for a while but havn't come up with a way to add the AN/VRC-111 mount to my vehicles.

Hey guys! Is it possible to play standard small MP coop missions with the PRC-148 in inventory instead of the small squad radio? I mean starting of with that one in the inventory.

Hey guys! Is it possible to play standard small MP coop missions with the PRC-148 in inventory instead of the small squad radio? I mean starting of with that one in the inventory.

something like:

_unit removeWeapon "ACRE_PRC343";

_unit removeWeapon "ItemRadio";

_radio = [_unit] call acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadio;

_unit removeWeapon "_radio";

_unit addWeapon "ACRE_PRC148";

Couple of people are reporting that left and right ears have been swapped since latest ACRE update (or is it TS?). Any idea how to switch that back?

okay i have now added the acre to my server but i cant open the radio by the deafult key!! why?? do i need to fix that in the file onkeypress.sqm? what code do i need there??

So for you who are using ACRE in Voice Activation and are having issues. Well.. That's normal.. Switch to PushToTalk x'D

Noooope here is a solution that can resolve the "latency" when you try to transmit.

There is two types of communication with ACRE ;

- Direct communication // With your Voice Activation.

- Radio communication // With Caps Lock.

You CAN'T use both at the same time. That's why you're having a lot of trouble with Voice Activation. You can't tell if you mic is really OFF and so ready to transmit.

To fix that we'll create a new "capture profile" on Teamspeak.

So you'll have ;

- Default // In Voice Activation.

- PushToRadio // In PushToTalk.

Now we'll create two new hotkeys.

- When you PRESS "CAPS LOCK" teamspeak goes to the "PushToRadio" capture profile.

- When you RELEASE "CAPS LOCK" teamspeak goes back to the "Default" capture profile.

Now you can talk with people arround you and press CAPS LOCK at any time to transmit. It will work instantly.

HOWEVER !

If you release CAPS LOCK while you're still talking you can stay stuck on the "PushToRadio" profile. So you have to press CAPS an other time while not talking to came back on the "Default" profile.

Pressing CAPS LOCK a second time will work but it's not cool at all cause it will Bip on the radio.. So it would be better to create a third security hotkey that bring you back on the "Default" profile. I suggest you to bind it on the same key you use for the St_Acre_Volume. No conflict. And should be really easy to reach.

See Video.

831XXz7gQHo?hd=1

Ok it's all good. Now here is another advice for people using St_Acre_Volume.

When you use it the side menu pop cause you have to use the mousewheel. This is a little problem as a lot of player use defaut key..

So while the menu is open they can't aim.. Can't shoot. Same things happens while they're leading with the menu.

Here is a simple solution that fix theses problems.

- You must have the same keybind on theses two actions ; "Direct Channel", "Return". // + Security hotkey bringing back to Default profile for V.A users.

- You should unbind the right mouse button from ; "Return".

- You should unbind the left mouse button from ; "Selected action".

So now you should be able to aim and shoot while navigating in the menu.

To use the St_Acre_Volume ; "Press Direct Channel", "Set it up with mousewheel", "Release AND pressAndRelease again Direct Channel".

Now you can really set your Voice power On the Fly.

If you have some gamer stuff you should be able to deal with this using macrO or Script.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37999001/Images/Vol-.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37999001/Images/Vol%2B.png

Here is how I've done it with my Logitech G13.

if (event == "G_PRESSED") and (arg == 27) then

PressKey("num6")  // St_Acre_Volume key

elseif (event == "G_RELEASED") and (arg == 27) then
	ReleaseKey("num6")  
	Sleep(10)
	PressKey("backspace")  // Return key
	Sleep(50)
	ReleaseKey("backspace")  

Another advise to correctly set up (calibrate) all your volumes. (Game effect.. Radio.. )Master Volume Teamspeak).

You should create some new hotkey to be able to set up the Teamspeack's Master Volume On The Fly.

Now go in game with a friend and start a Helicopter Engine. You must be able to communicate with him even in this "extreme" condition.

To fix it properly your headset's volume and TS's Master Volume must not be at 100%.

So now turn the effect Volume from Arma down until you can hear your friend.

It should be fine now. You can turn up and down the Direct Voice communication using the Hotkey linked to the Teamspeack's Master Volume.

And you can turn up and down the Arma effect's volume using your headset's VolumeWheel.

That's why I suggest you to calibrate it at ~75% headset and TS's Master Volume.

Everything is on the Fly. No need to go in the menu anymore.

Hope it helps.

Antoine from O.F.C.R.A

Edited by hon0

Thanks so much :) but the key for open the radio and switch frequens not working! i have a onkeypress.sqm in the mission file, should i add it there? how?