Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

Hey i'm trying to make a script that kicks all players that are not connected to teamspeak and if a player is connected to teamspeak the script will change his channel to a specific channel.

The channel changing is working but if a player is not connected to TS it won't kick him and won't show the message that I wrote. It only puts him in debriefing after 1-2 minutes.

This is my script:

http://pastebin.com/XEDsZHLM

What am I missing?

Please help!

Hahaha this is a really old version of the thing I was using!

Start from scratch. That's terrible and probably doesn't work.

Hahaha this is a really old version of the thing I was using!

Start from scratch. That's terrible and probably doesn't work.

Your'e talking to me?

Can I have some help with the script?

ACRE for Mumble?

IMHO TS3 is overrated, poor codec quality, no privacy (it's so easy to hack people there) and it hits performance badly, not to mention that having a TS3 server can get expensive for smaller clans/teams.

Any plans on making a Mumble ACRE plugin?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135701-WIP-Mod-for-Mumble-s-link-plugin

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mumblelink

Sadly not much news from it. It lacks "political will" so to say to make it work. Most are satisfied with VON and TS3, its a pity Mumble is not used.

Thanks for the links.

There was a 3D audio Mumble plugin (for A2/OA) released recently, can't recall its name, though I'm wondering whether is it compatible with ACRE or not.

And yes, a pity really. Well, all of the best things have smallest of audiences.

Can someone give a list of new features/improvements coming to ACRE 2?

ACRE for Mumble?

Mumble sucks.

IMHO TS3 is overrated

IMO mumble is overrated.

poor codec quality

How? With a good mic TS3 users sound crystal clear. Mumble sounds aritificial.

and it hits performance badly

Never been above 1% CPU usage. Ever. RAM is tiny too, client and serverside.

And you can install a TS server on every PC, Mac, whatever. Got one in my MacBook and that is really cool.

Mumble sucks.

Just because masses use TS3 doesn't mean Mumble sucks, it's like saying that COD beats ArmA 2 because so many people play COD compared to ArmA 2's audience...

On top of that, Mumble is free open source, TS3 is scraped up payware (You as a client don't have to pay for basic use, but those who want to host a server get ripped off).

IMO mumble is overrated.

How? It's not popular like TS3, thereby it can't be overrated. LOL. Underrated maybe.

How? With a good mic TS3 users sound crystal clear. Mumble sounds aritificial.

I have a very good mic (several to be exact) as I do sound design for my apps and games, and as such I can notice huge audio quality difference between TS3 and Mumble where TS3 uses more compression and applies soft low pass filtering to make an artificial pop filter (thus fool people that it's more quality) while broadcasting sound output at maximum 96kbps which is very low compared to Mumble's 256kbps (CD quality) output, the reason Mumble sounds artificial is because people don't know how to properly set it up as mumble offers not only quality parameters, but pingback, effects, 3D and other settings unavailable in TS3, Mumble by default uses high ping rate which may result in stuttering and robotic voice effect if you are playing a resource hungry game, but this can be fixed in settings very easily.

Never been above 1% CPU usage. Ever. RAM is tiny too, client and serverside.

Might be an isolated case with my systems, though I noticed that while mumble takes only 1.5 mb of RAM TS3 can use around 10 to 15 MB, both values are insignificant today as RAM memory is a plenty, but you can clearly see a huge difference. As for processing power, both use low amount, 1-2 percents of total.

Each to their own they say. You like TS3, keep using it, I have nothing against it, I use it too. But I will take Mumble or even VON over TS3 any day.

Maven you're terribly wrong , TS3 is freeware , i have a TS3 500 slot and it's totaly free ! if you don't use it for commercial use that's free !

Maven you're terribly wrong , TS3 is freeware , i have a TS3 500 slot and it's totaly free ! if you don't use it for commercial use that's free !

It's free if you are the host, payware if you pay for their servers, that's what I meant. The same case is with Mumble and many other voice chat tools, except that it's cheaper.

It would be cool to have ACRE standalone app to use, maybe someday:j:

I got this error in the .rpt using acre and respawn.

2013/01/16, 23:45:28 SERVER TRIED TO GIVE B 1-1-A:1 (player) REMOTE ID: ACRE_PRC148_UHF_ID_42 EXISTING ALREADY FOR O 1-1-K:1 (another_player) REMOTE

Any way to fix this?

Don't worry, its a bug in ACRE (or possibly A2), but it is mitigated and no longer causes an issue. The warning is there for informational purposes.

Thank you NouberNou for the answer!

We're playing a big tvt event (80+ players) with ACRE and we got some server crash after this message!

or even VON over TS3 any day.

Well then, that concludes this discussion.

Hey guys

Someone is working on a new API script?

Features/fixes I hope will be in 2.0:

* Easy to use way to have different frequency nets for different factions

* Fix the bug where if you disconnect while using vehicle radio, no-one else can use that vehicle's radio for the session

* Vehicle intercomms

* ACRE setting to remove "Lower Headset" from action menu

* Fix the radio manipulation functions

* Fix [this JayArma2Lib script error](http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/294)

* Function to return the user's channel ID

* Easier to make custom radios

* Better, CURVE_MODEL_AMPLITUDE, and have it as the default mode again (so that people realise that ST volume adjustment is redundant)

* Cell phones for Insurgents. Use the ACE cell phone model if needed.

Beyond 2.0:

* Unique aircraft vehicle radios

* Command radio station (basically, static vehicle you can get in and use very powerful radio)

* Static radio on a table, usable (for civillians/insurgents)

* Signal extenders for same channel

* Interference

* More variety of backpack models for manpacks

Just thought I'd post here as the tracker is... very messy.