Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

I would be happy with some russian radios....

They could be used by all OPFOR factions

Features/fixes I hope will be in 2.0:

* Better, CURVE_MODEL_AMPLITUDE, and have it as the default mode again (so that people realise that ST volume adjustment is redundant)

It's not redundant unless acre 2.0 is shipping with high quality identical microphones for every user.

Microphone quality, volume etc all factor into how 'loud' a person is, turning off the teamspeak auto balance and using the curve model will lead to a lot of people constantly shouting(while they're talking quietly) and others having to shout to be heard more than 3m.

It's a neat idea but it isn't practical. I don't think any changes to the model will actually fix this

Edited by Kerc Kasha

Features/fixes I hope will be in 2.0:

* Easy to use way to have different frequency nets for different factions

* Fix the bug where if you disconnect while using vehicle radio, no-one else can use that vehicle's radio for the session

* Vehicle intercomms

* ACRE setting to remove "Lower Headset" from action menu

* Fix the radio manipulation functions

* Fix [this JayArma2Lib script error](http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/294)

* Function to return the user's channel ID

* Easier to make custom radios

* Better, CURVE_MODEL_AMPLITUDE, and have it as the default mode again (so that people realise that ST volume adjustment is redundant)

* Cell phones for Insurgents. Use the ACE cell phone model if needed.

Beyond 2.0:

* Unique aircraft vehicle radios

* Command radio station (basically, static vehicle you can get in and use very powerful radio)

* Static radio on a table, usable (for civillians/insurgents)

* Signal extenders for same channel

* Interference

* More variety of backpack models for manpacks

Just thought I'd post here as the tracker is... very messy.

Holy shit! This is awesome!

Hi all - really hoping I can get some advice on a problem I have run into as described in my title. I have been doing mission editing and mission design for quite a while and used ACRE in many missions before without issue. Recently decided to play around with the concept of adding ACRE radio's to a 'wasteland' mission and have struck a problem I have never seen before. For testing I gave all players a radio (these were removed by default in wasteland) and spawn some random ACRE radio crates which gave me a working ACRE setup. I then noticed that the "transmitting display" was not showing, none of the keybinds would work and I could not access the radio GUI's. Without changing any teamspeak/ACRE versions, server settings or mods I can load any other custom mission I have and ACRE works perfectly so I am really lost. Sincere apologies if this is more of 'mission editing' question but since I have no problem in any other mission I thought posting here might be appropriate. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Microphone quality, volume etc all factor into how 'loud' a person is, turning off the teamspeak auto balance and using the curve model will lead to a lot of people constantly shouting(while they're talking quietly) and others having to shout to be heard more than 3m.

That's not how volume works. Microphones have been able to detect volume (you know, in decibels as well as in arbitrary values) for decades.

TeamSpeak auto-balance makes someone who is shouting loud have a lower volume so as not to annoy people, or talking to quiet it will increase them.

By turning this off, you can get a decently accurate idea of the volume at which someone is speaking, and with this, you can increase the speaking range based on the dB value returned.

I play with this setting on EVERY DAY on my server and in every Operation.

There are anomalies with some microphones, but for 90% of people it works. I've tested it over and over. You whisper in the corner of a room and you aren't heard in the next building. You shout as loud as you possibly can and everyone in the town can hear you.

I realise there is a lot of controversy around this: but for my group, it works.

---------- Post added at 02:02 ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 ----------

I would be happy with some russian radios....

They could be used by all OPFOR factions

Well there aren't squad level radios for any "OPFOR" nation (excluding special forces), so just a manpack is needed.

Edited by Heaney

Hi all,

Today I have some problems with ACRE. I tried to join URAL SERVER 66 ACE and i received message that some files are not signed by the server or sth...what does it mean? Yesterday everything was fine :/

Edited by jacekj84

Hello,

When I install the acre plugin with sixupdater the push to talk button in teamspeak is not working any more.

Does anyone knows what is wrong ?

Thanks

Hello,

When I install the acre plugin with sixupdater the push to talk button in teamspeak is not working any more.

Does anyone knows what is wrong ?

Thanks

Yes. Go to Settings, then go to Hotkeys and Change value in dropdown menu on bottom right side so it matches the photo.

7e4dfdc188d310e02585c5b811cd90d9.png

If you dont have DirectInput there with ACRE plugin active you will not be able to set a PTT key in TS3.

Thank you for your post. It is working now.

I'm having issues on my server with very poor sound quality, server wide. Its not the built in radio distortion but a much worse digital distortion...sometimes it works fine but the majority of the time it sounds very bad...any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

You are dropping packets for some reason. This is an issue with your connection or the servers connection and not related to ACRE. Please contact your ISP or the TS3 server administrator.

You can check your packet loss by right clicking on your name and selecting Client Connection Info at the bottom. Compare against others on the server, it might help determine if its you or them (also incoming vs. outgoing loss).

Figured it was a connection issue just based on the type of distortion we are hearing...

So far I'm seeing zero packet loss on the TS3 connections...any other ideas? Certain codecs work better than others?

I'm having an issue with ACRE blocking my push to talk key. When i set my PPT to accent grave (above TAB) and start TS3, it works fine. As soon as I join an ACRE-enabled server or as I enable the plugin manually my hot key stops working. My ACRE hotkey is set to CAPS LOCK, so they shouldn't conflict. When I set my TS PPT to an other key (e.g. MOUSE 5), then everything works as expected. However, I prefer to use accent grave instead.

I've added some log/config files below, but I can't find any suspicious. Note that the keycode for accent grave (41) is not in acre_keys.hpp

* AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\acre_config

* AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\logs\ts3client_2013-02-01__22_36_34.993245

* C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\acre

* C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\acre_keys.hpp

* C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\acre\acre_clientside_config.hpp

I had the same setup on my previous OS install with largely the same hardware and it worked flawlessly. Now I've added a new SSD, external monitor and new azerty external keyboard (used my onboard laptop UK qwerty keyboard before) and reinstalled windows+drivers+all software and it stopped working. When I switch back to my laptop keyboard, the problem persists. I am running an other audio driver however, might this be causing the issue? I don't see how it could affect a key setting? I'm running REALTEK HD audio driver v6.0.1.5910, can't remember what I was running before...

Any ideas/suggestions?

@logion

Go to Settings > Options > Hotkeys and make sure you use Direct Input on bottom right. Restart is possibly needed for effect. After this change you will be able to use PTT keys without issues.

316afa7691a91f6d4d56b5f67bd5487c.png

Okay I have a real challenge for you lot / NoU. Someone I play with has an "interesting" issue, they hear a (very) loud and constant buzzing whenever people use radios. However it seems we can stop it but we aren't sure what we are doing that causes it to stop. Sometimes dropping radios fixes it, other times if the person who is hearing the buzzing holds down caps for a short period of time it goes away next time someone talks on the radio.

Any idea? They have tried to reinstall ACRE which didn't help. They sent me a sound recording of it I can upload if you want to hear it.

(Personally at first I thought their headset was dying, hence the sound clip)

Okay I have a real challenge for you lot / NoU. Someone I play with has an "interesting" issue, they hear a (very) loud and constant buzzing whenever people use radios. However it seems we can stop it but we aren't sure what we are doing that causes it to stop. Sometimes dropping radios fixes it, other times if the person who is hearing the buzzing holds down caps for a short period of time it goes away next time someone talks on the radio.

Any idea? They have tried to reinstall ACRE which didn't help. They sent me a sound recording of it I can upload if you want to hear it.

(Personally at first I thought their headset was dying, hence the sound clip)

I have this issue too, I found out the problem was having my teamspeak volume too high would cause the buzzing. it only started happening with 1.4.10 of ACRE, 1.4.9 never had the issue.

Yes. Go to Settings, then go to Hotkeys and Change value in dropdown menu on bottom right side so it matches the photo.

http://gyazo.com/7e4dfdc188d310e02585c5b811cd90d9.png

If you dont have DirectInput there with ACRE plugin active you will not be able to set a PTT key in TS3.

Thx! It works now. Your last comment isn't entirely true, as MOUSE5 did register while other keys didn't. Thanks again.

In response to my post in this last week...I ran a test with 7 people on a dedicated box to check for packet loss and the cause for my poor sound quality.

couldn't find anything...everybody had zero packet loss and acre intermittently sounded digitally distorted and broken for certain users...

Has anybody had this issue and how can I fix it? I'm doing everything I can to keep acre...because its boring without it.

Have a problem with ACRE. My friend's radio transmissions only work when he is alt+tabbed out of the game. Tried setting different hotkeys, checked direct input, and PTT. No clue why his radio only transmits when he's alt+tabbed. OA and TS are running as administrator.

Edit to add: His proximity voice works in game and TS says ACRE is connected to Arma2.

Edited by TheSzerdi

Have a problem with ACRE. My friend's radio transmissions only work when he is alt+tabbed out of the game. Tried setting different hotkeys, checked direct input, and PTT. No clue why his radio only transmits when he's alt+tabbed. OA and TS are running as administrator.

be sure that you run ts3 and arma as administrator

aslo you can check the ts3 overlay plugin option , in plugins tab

Edited by dragonsyr

be sure that you run ts3 and arma as administrator

aslo you can check the ts3 overlay plugin option , in plugins tab

Read the post, it's running in administrator. Checked plugins too, overlay is off.

I have not been able to to use ACRE for months. It's that goddamn pipe error. Im running everything as admin and have Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit. My friend did something on Teamviewer and used notepad and he told me to use the notepad file to launch the game but now it goes back and forth from the pipe error to "ACRE is not connected to teamspeak". I'll ask him exactly what he did. I just really want to fix this.