Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

@dragonsyr are you referring to my internet setup at the house? It IS wireless yes.

Acre isn't activated until you join the game, so if you join the TS room you'll hear everyone until you get into the game. An easy solution would be to password the TS room, and make the password appear when a player joins the game.

I have a script that automatically moves the player to the ACRE channel but the problem is that when he dies he is able to hear alive players and speak to them (he is set to global) so what I want to do is a script that kicks him to another channel if he's not connected to ACRE

Dragon...if you meant headset...no, its a wired usb setup.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I've been having some serious crashes lately across the board with my group. Once we get into any kind of contact TS starts crashing for all clients. We've determined it to be ACRE causing the crashes but can't for the life of me figure out why.

I Love this mod, I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem recently...

@ XMDM

i ask you that because some wireless sets make weird noises and sound cuts when gpu,cpu working at high levels (i dont know why). no wireless for you , so forget it....

Dragon-

Its definitely a digitally garbled sound. The fact that its hitting all clients randomly is what's frustrating me. Not the same distortion you get when your ping spikes and TS gets iffy.

Ill record it and drop it in here when I get time.

I have a script that automatically moves the player to the ACRE channel but the problem is that when he dies he is able to hear alive players and speak to them (he is set to global) so what I want to do is a script that kicks him to another channel if he's not connected to ACRE

Any ideas guys? Really need this

Is this on direct speaking or when you are on radio? If its on radio are you sure its not actual radio distortion? Terrain and distance do matter, and radios like the 343 are rather crappy at best (beyond 500m good luck, less if you are in urban areas).

set the ACRE_PRC148_UHF to 5000 power and try,

as noubernou says the default radio is useless (actualy the range for the 343 is 100 meters. the baby phones have more power than this) The 500m is a dream)

Only on radio...the direct chat is flawless. I will try all the radios and make a video so you can hear it...its a different sound from the regular distortion...

Having a crazy problem. Cant get acre to connect to arma. Have done all the basics - running everything as admin, making sure acre and ts are up to date, pluggins are in ts folder. - now the problem started when I reinstalled windows. Arma is up and running fine - all other mods installed and working. Its just that I cannot get acre to connect to arma. It reads in ts as being there and running but always says "connected to arma: no" when in game. Any ideas?

Edit - have also tried with jayarma2lib and jayarma2lib-new both using and not using the beta

Fixed it! Sorry =)

Edited by Dark_Cloud

If you want I can send you the script that moves him to the channel when he joins if that can help

Omer I'd love to have that if you don't mind.

Having a crazy problem. Cant get acre to connect to arma. Have done all the basics - running everything as admin, making sure acre and ts are up to date, pluggins are in ts folder. - now the problem started when I reinstalled windows. Arma is up and running fine - all other mods installed and working. Its just that I cannot get acre to connect to arma. It reads in ts as being there and running but always says "connected to arma: no" when in game. Any ideas?

Edit - have also tried with jayarma2lib and jayarma2lib-new both using and not using the beta

Fixed it! Sorry =)

Hi could you share how you fixed it, so others can learn too thanks if you don't mind :)

Does anyone know anyway to increase the distance that the acre radios transmit. I found this, but it is not helping us out too much,

//Radio Loss over distance

_nop = [0.25] call acre_api_fnc_setLossModelScale;

Any suggestions?

I'm not having any success moving radios to right and/or left ear. I press CTRL + SHIFT + <ARROW> and nothing happens. No message pops up, and the sound stays centered for that radio. Any thoughts? Thanks.

set the ACRE_PRC148_UHF to 5000 power and try,

as noubernou says the default radio is useless (actualy the range for the 343 is 100 meters. the baby phones have more power than this) The 500m is a dream)

On a 343, we got a Weak and Clear up to 640m, direct LOS on Isla Duala. At 700m, circa, it became unundesrtandable but we were still hearing the noise.

The least terrain mask and you hear nothing though.

On a 343, we got a Weak and Clear up to 640m, direct LOS on Isla Duala. At 700m, circa, it became unundesrtandable but we were still hearing the noise.

The least terrain mask and you hear nothing though.

anyway, on flat areas you dont have serius problems with radios.

Does anyone know anyway to increase the distance that the acre radios transmit. I found this, but it is not helping us out too much,

//Radio Loss over distance

_nop = [0.25] call acre_api_fnc_setLossModelScale;

Any suggestions?

That just scales back the signal loss due to terrain, it does not effect the overall max distance the radios can rx.

If you want to rx longer distances you need to do what they do in real life... set up a re-transmit station.

// This will requre one free ACRE Channel that will only be used for Re-Trans.

_radiotype = "ACRE_PRC117F"; // Type of radio you want to use.
_object = myAwacsPlane; // Object you want to attach this re-trans to, can be any object, There are also static antenna in ACRE you can use.
_chan1 = 215.875; // First ACRE Chan
_chan2 = 218.500; // Second ACRE Chan , This is our re-trans only Chan.
_power = 20000; // Power to transmit at.

// This will set up an effective retrans station on the object. It will take a rx on _chan1 and re-trans it back out.
_nop = [_radiotype, _object, _chan1, _chan2, _power] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;
_nop = [_radiotype, _object, _chan2, _chan1, _power] call acre_api_fnc_attachRxmtToObj;

I attempted to make a video of my issue last night and it, of course, worked flawlessly...ugh. ill try again.

I attempted to make a video of my issue last night and it, of course, worked flawlessly...ugh. ill try again.

So when you did that, Did you use Fraps? and if you did what did you set your sound capture in Fraps too? Maybe related.

Never ran Fraps because it never sounded bad.

Have you guys ever considered background/ambient sound whilst transmitting over the radio? So gunfire/explosions going on in the background while someone's transmitting a message... Just a thought.

Hi,

Someone have tried ACRE with latest TeamsSpeak client version 3.0.10 and/or with latest TeamSpeak server version 3.0.7 ?

Hi,

Someone have tried ACRE with latest TeamsSpeak client version 3.0.1.0 and/or with latest TeamSpeak server version 3.0.7 ?

+1 anybody?