Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

Just logged a new error on the tracker: when pressing 'shift,alt,2' to use alternate radio when no alternate radio is equiped causes ts3 to freeze up and crash.

hmmm just noticed this today, i got this problem too.

Acre will not work for me. When I press caps nothing happens. I downloaded the game Friday and installed everything using six updater. Teamspeak says I am connected.

All programs are run as administrator, I load with @cba, @cba_2,@cba_oa,@jaylib, @acre.

During start up I receive a yellow warning addon 'acre_arma2' requires ' addon 'a3_weapon_f'. (I'm thinking this has to be the problem)

I have reinstalled acre using six updater, I have manually reinstalled acre, neither fixed the problem for me.

Also my ptt is empy in game and ptt for ts3 is mouse 5.

The strangest part to me is I have no trouble with acre on arma 3 alpha.

Any insight into the problem/ solution would be much appreciated as I have spent at least 12 hours trying to fix this. Thanks

All programs are run as administrator

Just in case you missed it> if you got the game from Steam, you need to run it as admin as well

Hi everyone

Just a (perhaps dumb) question about installation. My friend (who is new to Arma) first installed the game, patches and all the mods and THEN Teamspeak. Obviously this way ACRE won't work as it is built upon TS. We always use SixUpdater to manage the mods.

If I simply delete the @ACRE folder and this way make SixUpdater download the necessary files again, will ACRE be installed properly? If it isn't, how could it be installed properly?

Thanks

Just in case you missed it> if you got the game from Steam, you need to run it as admin as well

no dice, however i can get to launch with play with six. the error msg came from having it installed in the arma2 folder as well as oa.

Hi all. I am noticing a keybind issue that concerns aircraft, and only with ACRE running.

Press ALT, SHIFT, and Q at the same time (in my case, accelerating with booster, and using freelook) engages some sort of ACRE menu for "vehicle rack" or something along those lines, and renders me unable to control the aircraft. You have to press this key combo again to close the menu and regain control of the vehicle.

It seems the ACRE wiki has been down for some times now ... Is there anywhere esle I can find the radio classlist and the list of ACE functions and their descriptions ?

It seems the ACRE wiki has been down for some times now ... Is there anywhere esle I can find the radio classlist and the list of ACE functions and their descriptions ?

ACRE wiki cached:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ODgIpEO6OFwJ:tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/wiki/Class_Names_and_API+&cd=1&hl=fr&ct=clnk&gl=be

Function Index - ACE

https://dev-heaven.net/docs/ace/index/Functions.html

Yea I should probably figure out why it keeps doing that. Stupid ruby.

I have been poking around and have yet to find a solution to my problem.

I have a training map that we use in Zargabad with a custom base, firing ranges, .... One of the things we have noticed is that comms on ACRE are iffy at best regardless of where we are on the map. This has been tested inside the base, out in the open, two buildings down from each other on the top story with open line of site, and even right next to each other. Even at 5 meters away, on a 148 range set to 5000 the voices come in garbled. Any ideas?

Edited by Kx00110111

Hi all!

I have a private TS and a Arma 2 server with Acre and Ace installed. I have it installed aswell however, when i play on the mission it says acre not connected to teamspeak? It also says on teamspeak arma connected:no what other config do i need to fill in?>

Is there any chance we might get a user-configurable "Talk over 1st radio" button sometime?

Currently it's fixed on Alt-Shift-1. As this guide shows http://15thmeu.net/forums/index.php?topic=1035.0 the ACRE keys can be greatly simplified by mapping them to the numpad instead and my Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Macro keys don't seem to like the Alt-Shift-? key combos anyway and it takes me repeated presses before they trigger for some reason, so I'm hoping using individual numpad keys will work better but the Talk on 1st Radio key is currently fixed on Alt-Shift-1 and can't be changed (as far as I know anyway).

I prefer to use Talk over 1st radio and Talk over 2nd radio rather than using the PTT on current radio key, as the current radio gets changed when cycling through the radios, whereas 1st and 2nd radio stay constant (unless the user rearranges them by dropping and picking up the radios I guess, although I haven't tried this).

Hmm, I'm more confused now!

I changed "Talk over radio 2nd radio" to key = 72; // num 8 (I've attached the config below if someone wants to take a look).

Now, with my radiolist showing 343, 117F, 148, so I presume they are radio1, 2 and 3, if I press num8, which in the config is assigned to "Talk on 2nd radio" it operates the 343. If I press Alt-Shift-2, which was the old "Talk on 2nd radio" and should now not be assigned, it activates the 117F, which is correct as that's the 2nd Radio. I haven't changed "Talk on 3rd Radio" and Alt-Shift-3 correctly activates the 148.

Alt-Shift-1 no longer works as it used to, to activate the first radio and now it just opens the command menu, as if I'd just pressed 1 on it's own.

End, which I've assigned to "PTT on Current Radio" works properly and activates the currently selected radio.

class acre_sys_core

{

class Interact

{

key = 79; // num 1

shift = 0;

ctrl = 0;

alt = 0;

};

class InteractSelf

{

key = 80; // num 2

shift = 0;

ctrl = 0;

alt = 0;

};

class PTTRadio // Talk over radio

{

key = 207; // END (please unbind from your normal PTT key)

shift = 0;

ctrl = 0;

alt = 0;

};

class PTTRadioAlternate_1 // Talk over radio 2nd radio

{

key = 72; // num 8

shift = 0;

ctrl = 0;

alt = 0;

};

class PTTRadioAlternate_2 // Talk over radio 3nd radio

{

key = 3;

shift = 1;

ctrl = 0;

alt = 1;

};

class PTTRadioAlternate_3 // Talk over your 4th radio

{

key = 4;

shift = 1;

ctrl = 0;

alt = 1;

};

};

// Quick switch keys for radios

class acre_sys_list

{

class Forward // Move forward through your radios

{

key = 77; // num 6

shift = 0;

ctrl = 0;

alt = 0;

};

class Backward // Move backwards through your radios

{

key = 75; // num 4

shift = 0;

ctrl = 0;

alt = 0;

};

class OpenRadio // Open current radio

{

key = 76; // num 5

shift = 0;

ctrl = 0;

alt = 0;

};

};

A suggestion for the next version of ACRE.

It would be nice to have an EQ filter, which cuts both the low-end (and maybe the high-end a bit) and boosts the mids/mid-highs, to help people's voices cut through the game sound. I find that in TS3 everyone is loud enough but in-game the local voices seem to be somewhat quieter anyway at the default volume (i.e. not whisper or shout) and it's very hard to hear anyone if there's any game sounds (weapons, explosions) going on, such that I've had to set my ArmA Effects volume to about 10% (and TS3 is on +20db for Voice Volume! Perhaps something like this is already on the Radio output, or maybe it's just because it's louder (I presume to simulate it coming through an ear piece) but that does generally cut through and is easier to hear than local voices.

I don't think a simple filter on the TS3/ACRE output would be at all taxing on the CPU and perhaps it could be made toggleable in the plugin options if anyone doesn't like it.

open ts3/settings/plugins/double click on acre plugin.There you can adjust global acre volume for all players,so you can keep arma effects to an higher volume and you don't need to seto +20 db for each player ;)

Thanks but that slider seems to have no effect when I use it :(

I don't have to set +20db for each player thankfully, just the global setting under Options - Playback ;)

Thanks but that slider seems to have no effect when I use it :(

I don't have to set +20db for each player thankfully, just the global setting under Options - Playback ;)

2nd the reply about the plugin slider. i dont recall it working for me at all.

and yes i also encounter the problem with ingame sounds overpowering acre radio and local 'direct' chat...

unchecking 'always set clients 3d positions when available' option in ts3 options->playback may help increase vol slightly

2nd the reply about the plugin slider. i dont recall it working for me at all.

and yes i also encounter the problem with ingame sounds overpowering acre radio and local 'direct' chat...

unchecking 'always set clients 3d positions when available' option in ts3 options->playback may help increase vol slightly

Thanks, glad it's not just me ;)

I'll try unchecking that option, thanks for the tip.

open ts3/settings/plugins/double click on acre plugin.There you can adjust global acre volume for all players,so you can keep arma effects to an higher volume and you don't need to seto +20 db for each player ;)

Thanks for the tip, didn´t know that.

I always have the problem that the ACRE volume seems to be lowered if I´m in a Tank (T-55 for example).

Thanks for the tip, didn´t know that.

I always have the problem that the ACRE volume seems to be lowered if I´m in a Tank (T-55 for example).

Does it make a difference for you then? If it works for some but not others, hopefully we can find out why.

Didn´t test yet, but I guess that now I should be able to simply make everyone else louder again by using that slider.

Didn´t test yet, but I guess that now I should be able to simply make everyone else louder again by using that slider.

I haven't tested it for volume yet but I've found it doesn't save through a close of TS3 (yes, I clicked the big Save button), so I have to adjust the slider each time I launch it.

Yes in the last teamspeak version you have to save each time.But the slider work for me and now i can keep sound effect higher and still hear people properly when in tanks,helos,firefights ecc...

Yes in the last teamspeak version you have to save each time.But the slider work for me and now i can keep sound effect higher and still hear people properly when in tanks,helos,firefights ecc...

Cool, glad to hear it works, I'll try it out when I next use it.