Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

I tried all of them. To clear things up I'm not getting errors just a message that I have been kicked without any further information. I think other people who are playing in the server can see the reason though I don't know anyone playing this game.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/73376673/ArmA2OA%202012-05-03%2000-31-45-74.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/73376673/ArmA2OA%202012-05-03%2000-31-48-28.png

just a wild guess: maybe the name is blocked cause some other guy with this named did sth.?

You see them lurking aroudn the coast and cherno bay...but there are survivors out there yet trying to become a bandit, you wont recognoze them at first...you often never se the guy that shoot you dead from behind. But since I was murdered 3 times out in the woods north of Vybor last weeks you will see one sooner or later. They are harder to see compared to Survivors because of the camo uniform and shemag headwrap.

just a wild guess: maybe the name is blocked cause some other guy with this named did sth.?

@Tremanarch And how could I fix/test this? And what is sth?

Appreciate your replies so far!

EDIT: Hmm, profile name is just the name you created Windows with. Your login name. I doubt this has anything to do with it.

Edited by Serova

You see them lurking aroudn the coast and cherno bay...but there are survivors out there yet trying to become a bandit, you wont recognoze them at first...you often never se the guy that shoot you dead from behind. But since I was murdered 3 times out in the woods north of Vybor last weeks you will see one sooner or later. They are harder to see compared to Survivors because of the camo uniform and shemag headwrap.

I've been killed, of course, but by opportunists rather than hunting bandits. The woods north of Vybor are just as much of a warzone as Chernogorsk, what with the high tech goodies scattered around the airfield Central-Eastern Chernarus is much safer.

And aren't the bandits KSK special forces? They should stick out like a sore thumb.

Needs more things to do. I like it a lot, don't get me wrong, but the only thing to do really is to look for better items. Once you feel you have a decent amount of kit you kinda just get bored and want to kill people.

I would look at maybe making resources more scarce and trying to establish a way for players to interact more. Maybe add capture/defend points of vital resources. I.e. an oil rig or airfield to ferry in supplies. It could play off the survivors vs bandits or rival groups who wish to obtain these resources. The same could be said for towns. A battle for control of Chernogorsk would be an fun event in which could influence play.

Make the game focus more on survival and forging bonds between survivors rather than a treasure hunt.

Maybe look into classes with guys who have special abilities ( a doctor, hunter, mechanic etc). This will require people to work together to accomplish objectives rather than an everyone for themselves mentality.

While I don't play as a bandit, it is actually the most appealing way to play. A smart survialist often results to finding some gear and then hunkering down in a good spot, it gets old after a while and the desire for bloodshed can't be supressed.

Maybe look into classes with guys who have special abilities ( a doctor, hunter, mechanic, riflemen etc). This will require people to work together to accomplish objectives rather than an everyone for themselves mentality.

very good idea, they could have bonusses, or more invenatar space for their special obejcts (medicine man can hold more medicine, rifle more ammo etc, abilities.. etc)

Blackfox34: cool ideas. I've tried making a "mad max" mission like that with JadeWars, but I really need to upgrade it and loose the ace dependency.

Back on topic: I would really like to see this mission on one of my islands, since me & my team rarely play on Chernarus.

And aren't the bandits KSK special forces? They should stick out like a sore thumb.

Yes we do. We are very easy to spot.

I would really like to see this mission on one of my islands, since me & my team rarely play on Chernarus.

+1 for other island options...

That would only work if the island uses all the same buildings as Chernarus, although I can see an argument for making items spawn in the ArmA middle eastern houses that are in every other map.

Also, a map without wells or oceans wouldn't work.

My first real playthrough of this mod, I grabbed some beans and headed for the hills with my Makarov. Scouted around a few houses and barns and whatnot and found a Lee-Enfield. By doing this, sticking to the wooded areas, and above all else avoiding other players, I could pretty easily survive indefinitely. I eventually just hit "respawn" so I could do something else!

My first real playthrough of this mod, I grabbed some beans and headed for the hills with my Makarov. Scouted around a few houses and barns and whatnot and found a Lee-Enfield. By doing this, sticking to the wooded areas, and above all else avoiding other players, I could pretty easily survive indefinitely. I eventually just hit "respawn" so I could do something else!
You wil die of thirst and hunger very quick just sitting in the woods when you actually PLAY that mod.

Note that you consume water and food even when you go offline. Water and food will be taken from your inventory automatically.

good mod but dont like the fact u start with no flashlight and the fact that the servers are in real time meaning that if your like me who tend to work during the day, you wont be playing this game in day light

Select the server in the other timezone. Ping up to 200ms is not critical in ArmA2.

Or use flares if you need light. You can carry them in hands and light up the area around you.

Although I think 1:4 time ratio would've been optimal. I (and I'm sure many others) miss seeing the sun go down and realizing that dangerous night comes and then seeing how the dawn breaks.

It's impossible now unless you stick around for what? 12 hours straight?

Edited by metalcraze

You wil die of thirst and hunger very quick just sitting in the woods when you actually PLAY that mod.

Note that you consume water and food even when you go offline. Water and food will be taken from your inventory automatically.

If you have a knife and a box of matches you can hunt the little Runny Babbits, prepare and cook them on the fire that you lit.

I just need a knife to confirm this.

Edited by BoneBoys

If you have a knife and a box of matches you can hunt the little Runny Babbits, prepare and cook them on the fire that you lit.

I just need a knife to confirm this.

I can confirm it, but you better go for cows (8), sheep (5), boars (4), for a better meat per shot ratio.

Blackfox34: cool ideas. I've tried making a "mad max" mission like that with JadeWars, but I really need to upgrade it and loose the ace dependency.

Back on topic: I would really like to see this mission on one of my islands, since me & my team rarely play on Chernarus.

I loved Jade Wars, very cool idea and good time. Only downside was the fact it was too short!

Select the server in the other timezone. Ping up to 200ms is not critical in ArmA2.

Or use flares if you need light. You can carry them in hands and light up the area around you.

Although I think 1:4 time ratio would've been optimal. I (and I'm sure many others) miss seeing the sun go down and realizing that dangerous night comes and then seeing how the dawn breaks.

It's impossible now unless you stick around for what? 12 hours straight?

+1

to me its TOO realistic. the day and night cycles should be in real time IMO.

Wait what? :butbut: This was new to me. I have to go check quickly my character because I haven't played this for a couple days.

Not really. I'm able to scout barns and houses out in the wilderness and raid them for baked beans and canned soda, or refill canteens at wells.

Just like real life, it's not very fun, but survival isn't about "fun" it's about surviving. Hence why I hit "respawn" and started playing like everyone else. :P

@ Qazdar

That's possible already but the point is you need to be in the swimming animation to do that currently.

Yeah, but then you can lose your stuff.

You do NOT need to be swimming in order to fill your bottles with seawater. You only need to be around waist-deep. I have never needed to swim in the ocean. So there is a double standard that should be able to be resolved.

Most ponds are too shallow to swim in.

Yeah, but then you can lose your stuff.

You do NOT need to be swimming in order to fill your bottles with seawater. You only need to be around waist-deep. I have never needed to swim in the ocean. So there is a double standard that should be able to be resolved.

Most ponds are too shallow to swim in.

You just pulled out another strange thing, since when is ocean water sweet water?

So we have to assume that the green sea is a sweet water ocean?