Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Rocket, as Celery mentioned, disabling all aide channels would make communication more difficult - yes, but let's just pretend this is a simulation of a real life apocalypse.... If you were cut off from civilization, had no cell phones, radios, etc.... If you didn't know how many people were left alive... Wouldn't your only form of communication be by mouth? Think of it this way. People can ask "anyone in Cherno?" If someone says "yeah, me and a friend" The person asking might avoid going there, or a bandit might decide to stalk them. There should be no god mode where all these people can communicate telepathically through side chat. Make it direct only so if people want to talk to others, they are going to have to go out in the world and find them! If people want long range communication, then spawn radios as loot so guy (A) and guy (B) could find radios and communicate. This would be awesome if they could set private channels as well!

I just think side chat and global are immersion killers in this mod. Nothing ruins it for me role playing a bandit when some arse that I just killed announces over side chat to watch out for me! Dude, you're dead and shouldn't be able to warn anybody! This totally kills roleplay, and I hope you see that Dean...

Tents disappearing are a result of the server admins (those providing and running the server), restarting the connecting application when it gets "hung" on startup. This then kickstarts the server into carrying on, but skipping vehicle and tent generation. On busy servers this can happen quite alot as the server is trying to create items and it cannot create them fast enough. So your tent is not lost, vehicles are not lost, but if server administrators don't restart the whole server, and just restart HIVE, then the vehicles and tents won't initialize properly and you get the situation you have described above.

thx for clarification on this. it might be a good idea to put this kind of information on an info page, to prevent misunderstandings or false conclusions.

Possibly related to http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/disableConversation usage? SelectPlayer - the bitch it is - could very well be too - just nothing to really replace it :)

I thought so too, so I stopped using that (closely followed by lots of emails and jokes about talking to oneself). But I reintroduced it when it became apparent it wasn't working.

I even tried attaching your initial body, which has no visual geometry, to your new body. Still no joy. I'm hoping its something in my hackery that is causing and thus can be reasonably easily fixed if it can be identified among the swathe of errors, bugs, and general hackness.

You can put radios into the game which will be enabling you to use sidechat to talk to other people that found them.

Blue chat spam is quite annoying, covers 1/4 of the screen.

a radio has nothing to do with the chatsystem ingame.

if you want to disable chat totaly you need to mod it.

another option for the Dayz servers could be to run Bec. where they can set max number of chat allowed on each channel before they get kicked.

thrust me. they will learn fast :D

http://ibattle.org/install-and-configure/configure/#ChatRestriction

I am not sure if all text channels should be blocked. There should be a way to contact admin etc.

And what I have noticed so far is that when DC works as it should, the side chat is almost silent.

I do agree that side, command, group and global voice channels should be blocked.

I do agree that side, command, group and global voice channels should be blocked.
Why. If it anoys you. Just mute every player from the player list.

Also text chat is part of the game and as the direct text or voice doesnt work. It's usefull for players to make friends etc.

Why. If it anoys you. Just mute every player from the player list.

Wouldn't that block the DC as well?

Wouldn't that block the DC as well?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it would.

Anyways..im now out of this game mode. Week three and it turned all into getting shoot at sight "gameplay". Plz give players some goals or DayZ is nothign like a large scale map Deathmatch,

Scarcer ammo might help. I played on a server where the survivors wiped out all the zombies, and I rarely see zed counts in the 600s anymore.

Yeah the amount of PvP is getting unfun. While I enjoy ArmA's harshness - the mod quickly turned into "either you are playing with some clan and shoot everyone else you meet or you play alone and shoot everyone else you meet".

There's no other interaction because while the penalty for dying is harsh, the penalty for murder does not exist.

I have to say I have met a few friendly survivors.

I have to say I have met a few friendly survivors.
Next day you meet them they are bored and shoot you.

Cannot join any servers with 1.5.3 - stuck at either "waiting for host" before the lobby or once recieved data and "waiting server response" I the start getting "no message recieved for X seconds" and then dumped back to server browser.

Mod updated via Six Updater and running beta 92333

Was working perfectly on 1.5.2 and earlier..

Cannot join any servers with 1.5.3 - stuck at either "waiting for host" before the lobby or once recieved data and "waiting server response" I the start getting "no message recieved for X seconds" and then dumped back to server browser.

Mod updated via Six Updater and running beta 92333

Was working perfectly on 1.5.2 and earlier..

As I understand it, you can only join US4&5 with the beta, but I could be wrong.

As I understand it, you can only join US4&5 with the beta, but I could be wrong.

tried with and without beta with same result....

EDIT : Just managed to get on RU server..

Edited by Desrat

RU server..

Good luck :) Those Russians are pretty tough :D

Is it possible to create some kind of stash that at least will be saved on the server it was created on?

Good luck :) Those Russians are pretty tough :D
but ast least you get shot in the back there much less without any warning compared to US servers. In fact I found out that you find more cooperative guys on the RU servers...the few t there that go onkilling spree usually do not chat in cyrillic letters.

anyone care to explain the dead non-zomboid KSK units i saw? :D

Character saving is down, it seems. I advise everyone to stop playing and spare yourself the heartbreak of finding awesome items like a G17 with flashlight.

Yeah, I ate my last can of food and it wasted the can but didn't save me eating :(

Then found 2 raw meats and it didn't save them either

Please post the servers that you are experiencing character saving issues on.