Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Started with FR2 (I think) where it didn't save the food, affects NY2 and US3 too it seems.

US4 was also affected..

I can't say for sure if the issue has resolved until now

I've experienced it on the US4 beta server as have several people on there as well.

The saving issue I experienced was fixed by a server restart.

I have never really liked zombie games/mods to tell you the truth.

But - when intelligently filtered through the mighty ArmA 2, like DayZ, there was suddenly a solid reason for me to re-think and get in line for some zombie slaughter! :D

On behalf of myself and my mates in [XSYS] Sweden: Thanks for an awesome mod!

This is by far the best "survival" mod ever made...

The secret, just like real life, is to grab some beans and head for the hills!

Hi guys, absolutley loving this mod, just one thing I'm not sure about is that when I die, do I have to go back to the server loby to re-connect ?

I have tried hitting the re-spawn button after hitting the Esc but nothing happens!

I know its in Alpha so I just wanted a little clarification concerning this.

Thanks.

EDIT: I should ask this over at the Dayz forums /*ô*\ I know.

Go back to the player select screen, and then in. Not all the way back to the MP lobby, but the one where you select players.

Is it possible to remove/replace animations? I'm tired of being severely wounded or dead because I climbed a ladder with a pistol out. Dropping the pistol is not a good solution because you often end up with no gun at all when its just gone.

Maybe a script that teleports the player 0.3-0.5m forwards after climbing a ladder so you survive your character staggering backwards to draw the pistol.

Is it possible to remove/replace animations? I'm tired of being severely wounded or dead because I climbed a ladder with a pistol out. Dropping the pistol is not a good solution because you often end up with no gun at all when its just gone.

Maybe a script that teleports the player 0.3-0.5m forwards after climbing a ladder so you survive your character staggering backwards to draw the pistol.

+1. its really annoying and much more when none of ur buddys are there

:arma:

Just a question for the devs: so I've gone off into the woods with a backpack full of baked beans and sardines. How long can I be "inactive" (i.e., not playing) before my character starves to death? Same with thirst.

Forever. But if you log in after a week, you will be out of food and drink and need it urgently. So I recommend logging off near a well or something.

I still want an answer to a question of stashing stuff

Is it possible?

@jonneymendoza - just run with the DayZ mod only - do not launch with CBA, Jayarmalib or ACRE.

jap, had the same issues, just _only_ use the dayZ mod, none of the others, not even CBA.. you dont need it. It only makes trouble.

jap, had the same issues, just _only_ use the dayZ mod, none of the others, not even CBA.. you dont need it. It only makes trouble.

ok i will try that

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Hi. i am now getting another error saying this:

You where kicked from the game: (BattleEye: Currupted memory #1)

I did not have this Error Message though. Battleye is the "Punkbuster" - like System. I dont know how to manually update it.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-sops-technical-support-faq/185165-battleye-corrupt-memory-1-error.html

but it looks like you still have some irrelevant addons..

I repeat: the clean ArmA II -CO Install with _ONLY_ the newest DayZ Mod Files in Folder, then add this folder to the startup Icon on the Desktop with:

"C:\GAMES\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -mod=DayZFolder

the newest files are here: http://www.armafiles.info/dayz/ (unzip them all into the DayZFolder in the Game directory)

I found it also very hard with all this mod stuff. Sometimes Readme files contradicting themselves etc. (CBA is weird) many websites, many versions, much false information spread etc. as a newbie you dont know where to look etc. Getting confused quickly. And I am not just a PC Gamer ;) (I do programming since years and am normally a more experienced guy, but when something doesnt work on the first try and the Guides are not 100% straight I dont like it much)

The sixupdater is also not so good. I tried it out, but it its standard presets are somehow making strange stuff, like your standard Dayz - it wanted to add al lot of useless stuff. It cant update itself and so on and so on.. so many problems. Hey I dont want to study this, I just want to use a mod. Should be as simple as copy a file and edit another file..

Just do it manually. Its easier and works better. And you have full control over whats going on.

The DayZ Mod is the only one that worked on the first try.

Edited by tremanarch

Alright I need help heres the thing.

I installed everything and patched everything correctly.

I can play on any server except the ones running the Dayz mod.

I can join server who require combined operations (So I am 100% they both are connected to each other)

As soon as I enter a DayZ server I can see the menu for a couple of secons with all the names and ping next to the names (ms) though I get kicked "You were kicked off the game".

Don't know if this can help but my name and from a few other are displayed in orange.

Yes it is correctly installed - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons

I've been trying to fix this for two days but I'm out of options I tried EVERYTHING.

Will you be able to put your hands up? Would be handy to signal some group if you are alone that youre not gonna shoot them. And if you shoot a guy who has his hands up you lose your humanity more.

@ serova: how many servers you tried, on US and FR i get also errors often.. try the EU ones.

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Will you be able to put your hands up? Would be handy to signal some group if you are alone that youre not gonna shoot them. And if you shoot a guy who has his hands up you lose your humanity more.

press [#] one hand signal. many understand it already.

how many servers you tried, on US and FR i get also errors often.. try the EU ones.

I tried all of them. To clear things up I'm not getting errors just a message that I have been kicked without any further information. I think other people who are playing in the server can see the reason though I don't know anyone playing this game.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/73376673/ArmA2OA%202012-05-03%2000-31-45-74.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/73376673/ArmA2OA%202012-05-03%2000-31-48-28.png

Edited by Serova
Added Screenshots

There is a surrender animation in game you just have to assign a button to it in controls...it's a hands behind head animation. It servers no game related purpose so far. But just considerign the amoutn if Bandits that run aroudn in KSK skin currently it seems that loosing humanity is considered a sport in DayZ. I has Bandits stating they had -7000 humanity.

Live statistics from DayZ website:

Characters: 94785

Alive Characters: 9506

Bandits: 1115

Unique Players: 11002

Zombie kills: 1501542

Murders: 15535

Bandits killed: 4989

Total Walked: 664589km

Time Played: 1767d 13h

Edited by Beagle