Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Any help:

Don't ever try to join servers with Six Updater.

And use nothing but DayZ. That means no CBA and no JayArmAlib and no other mod

Looks like this mod gave ArmA 2's sales a huge boost, it has taken over Black Ops 2 preorders and is on it's way to page 1. Yet another proof that there is lots of untapped potential for ArmA 2 multiplayer, especially when you put in some PvP elements. I hope BIS will support this mod so we can see it as part of ArmA 3 at day 1 :)

Yeah, pretty wild, I just looked at the Steam sale chart, and Arma2 C.O. is now a no. 9 at page 1.

Yeah, pretty wild, I just looked at the Steam sale chart, and Arma2 C.O. is now a no. 9 at page 1.

Well people sure like their zombies.:tounge2:

I think even the BI crew got surprised by this.

Any help:

Why's that?

Because I initially started with doing "it by hand" and it was just so cumbersome; I got so accustomed to using Six Updater that I completely forgot the individual steps I need to get things running. I scraped it then and used Six Updater, worked like a charm (as long as you can route yourself through the rather unique UI of SU :) )

Any help:

And use nothing but DayZ. That means no CBA and no JayArmAlib and no other mod

Pardon? Perhaps learn how it works sometime before saying such baseless things.

As said before, DayZ requires CBA/Jaylib on the servers, but not actually on the clients. Since SU by default enables all mods it finds on the servers, you can get issues to join a server ((latest) keys not allowed).

First, you can disable the ServerMods checkbox, which will disable this behavior by SU.

Second, you can use the custom configuration for DayZ which auto configures SU for their alternative requirements:

sixupdater://rsync.dev-heaven.net:83/dayz/eu1.yml (link only works if you have SU installed, and ran at least once).

At the same time if you have any issues or feedback, you can find the issue tracker; http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Edited by Sickboy

The A2OA military sim got side-tracked or ninja'd by spawning Zombies and casual "shoot on everything" DM gameplay. Maybe add something that will force all players to do something more than simple "kill to survive" mentality like a few primary/secondary tasks? Just something that wont make them feel too safe and comfortable beeing the good or the bad guy.....

That was very arrogant of you to say Metalcraze.

There's plenty of people in the Dayz servers that also utilized CBA and Jaylib.

I couldn't find a populated server with only DayZ running.

I thought the mod required CBA in the first place. Im new to this whole mod my friend convinced me to download it and well we had no luck in trying to get into multiple servers.

I thought the mod required CBA in the first place. Im new to this whole mod my friend convinced me to download it and well we had no luck in trying to get into multiple servers.
Best join with just @DayZ, check; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133560-DayZ-Zombie-RPG-(Unofficial-Mod)-Alpha&p=2145316&viewfull=1#post2145316

Will check with Rocket if they accept any CBA keys, if they do, they could add the latest key too and then it shouldn't matter if you join with or without, older or latest CBA build.

2zv37i28.jpg

always waitng for this waiting for that, looking at the chat forest...

please get this solved first.

Same issue here since last night,browsing their forums it seems we aren't the only ones.I try to join,"receiving" bar loads up until 80-90% then stays there and I get jumped to server list.

Guys maybe the problem is the workload for 'central' server.

At first days DayZ launched there was 4-6 servers.

Last night i checked there was 33+ servers working at full (est. 10+ connects/disconnects per second ALL

giving and taking data from 'central' server).

I think is the most logical explanation-and can't see anything can be done about that.

Only have lots of patience.

I've been waiting an hour/ hour and a half, but no luck. Conclusion to this is: Bohemia should make this a full game, seems like the interest in zombies is bigger than one in Modern Warfare :) They will make a profit for sure.

Please increase viewdistance on the mission ... the actuall 100 m VD is killing chernarus beauty.

Please increase viewdistance on the mission ... the actuall 100 m VD is killing chernarus beauty.

The View distance is dynamically created..and it's really rare to see 100m VD (maybe 250 but no 100)

On the other hand this kind-of-raises (in some situations) the survivability of player VS pointless griefing/camping from a high spot

With the latest patch it has been foggy non-stop, hope that changes soon.

Also, it would be really great if client could choose view distance.

Also, it would be really great if client could choose view distance.

Would you like to get sniped beyond your view distance? Or do that to someone else?

I would guess that the dynamic weather is not biased towards cloudiness. It's just the fact that anything less than clear conditions obscures thousands of meters of VD that would otherwise be open. We as players don't see much difference between light and heavy fog.

Would you like to get sniped beyond your view distance? Or do that to someone else?

Just raise it to 2000 m for everyone or so,you can't defend the idea of so small viewdistance ... besides sniper rifles are really rare ! and seriously ,i see no problem with people sniping from a high spot.

Can this mod be played offline with any fun? Or is it some kinda "online free world" game?

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

This mod have so much potential it should be released as a bug fixed standalone so I could pay for it :)

It can't be played offline. The server has to run all the characters, zombies and items. Even if you re-wrote it for SP, you would need a monster CPU.

Ok, so no SP for this mod later on as well in development?

There are plenty of other zombie mods out there. The entire concept of Day Z is server-based.