Sign in to follow this  
SpineShaker

Voice recognition for AI commands for Arma 3

Be cool if you could post this in the suggestions. Just sayin'......

Still, great idea.

I also hate the voices on Arma. Robot retards.

I have used 2 different voice command apps with Op Flashpoint. 1 was Microsoft Gamevoice. The

other was Game Commander 2.0. I controlled my A.I. squadies by voice alone. Had to, cause all

those key commands needed was a total PITA. Both of the above apps were phenominal. But they don`t make them

anymore.

Be cool if I could order my AI with my headset.

Screaming out INCOMING at the top of my lungs.

T0ygQCoPnCA&context=C4e5b7b7ADvjVQa1PpcFODIfYh5xtQeNWMxX7Jna6wRmFovYP-R3g=

Explanation and then commands from 5:30 (Part 1)

Just sayin' ;)

Just sayin' ;)

I smell a meme on the rise. I believe most people who think these forums should have new memes would agree with me.

Otherwise, good videos.

This kind of thing would be a great way to make the game easier to learn and master without dumbing it down. Would really help newbies get into the game, or at least it wouldn't scare them off like the current command system. of course the current menu should still be kept.

Not only would this make the learning curve not so steep but it will also free up more keys, increase immersion and make it easier to use tactics.

Unfortunately, if BI were planning on implementing this I think they would have mentioned it already. but still it doesn't hurt to make wishes.

Kinect is coming to PC maybe BIS will do something with it.

Voice recognition, motion controls there could be some cool ways to implement the Kinect into Armaverse.

I'm not denying that it's already possible... but tell me, how many users would go through the hassle of setting it up as a mod/addon/whatever rather than having it included with the game along with a good in-game tutorial on how to use that new commanding system? Just sayin'...

I simply think it would be a good feature to have integrated within the game. Make it a part of the commanding system.

Edited by Minoza

I'm not denying that it's already possible... but tell me, how many users would go through the hassle of setting it up as a mod/addon/whatever rather than having it included with the game along with a good in-game tutorial on how to use that new commanding system? Just sayin'...

I simply think it would be a good feature to have integrated within the game. Make it a part of the commanding system.

Well nobody thinks that's not a good idea, but its takes no priority over other tasks that BIS has. which for Arma 3 is a shit ton.

Im already more than content with BIS Arma 3 feature list. Maybe we could petition for it in a future DLC/expo pack.

Used Pilfius myself with Arma and Arma2, though I believe it is no longer developed or supported and I moved to Win7 and it never got re-installed. It can be a big immersion factor, ordering your team around naturally. But I agree there is much to add to A3 first and there are third party addons already available if you can't wait.

cj

I'm really not sure how many (normal) people living with their GFs, or wives for that matter would "dare" speaking (read screaming) at the computer..

I for one wouldn't (although my GF is playing ME3 as i type just besides me, so she sort of knows what games are good for). Even if i might find it a good workaround pressing keys, it's still down on the list_of_things_to_do_for_A3_according_to_pufu, especially since it is already possible if you actually have a need for it.

I'm really not sure how many (normal) people living with their GFs, or wives for that matter would "dare" speaking (read screaming) at the computer...

Ah LOL! Had to give VACbuilder a try last night after I saw this thread, and yes I got the queer looks and questions from the wife as I crawled into bed.

Hopefully A3 retains the OFP core command system and hotkeys, that way the VAC profile should for the most part continue working. (and I wont have to learn a new system)

(although my GF is playing ME3 as i type just besides me, so she sort of knows what games are good for).

Assuming that ME3 is Mass Effect 3 I believe I read the other day that it has integrated voice control via Kinect, so maybe she would understand.

Used Pilfius myself with Arma and Arma2, though I believe it is no longer developed or supported and I moved to Win7 and it never got re-installed. It can be a big immersion factor, ordering your team around naturally. But I agree there is much to add to A3 first and there are third party addons already available if you can't wait.

cj

I used pilfius as well as VAC (trial). It definitely enhanced immersion for me.

I've recently come across voicecommand 2.0 (former keystroke!) which is now freeware. This works in combination with W7 speech.

I do hope that BIS will integrate voicecommands into Arma 3.:bounce3:

Edited by ozzbik
typo

What U all still have with that "Just Sayin'"? Just sayin'...

This is already possible with VAC(Voice Activated Commands) I can't play ArmA without it now.

Arma could really benefit from this. You would be much more effective in combat using voice command, especially for commads above key 5 if your using W-A-S-D setup. It worked quite well in EndWar I think.

Although I never bothered to set up VAC or something like that becouse I usually end up in editor rather then playing the game but it would be great to have it built in.

I used Glovepie with Windows' built in voice recognition software, and it actually works quite well. I downloaded someone elses' Glovepie code (thanks, whoever made it), and then changed and added a bunch of lines to suit an Essex boy like myself - (just a lot more 'OII!' and 'GET YA BLUDDY ARRSE IN THAT...')

Its quite experimental, and you need to give the software time to learn your voice. I had no problems breathing certain little commands and getting a really good response from the AI, but some things just didn't work very well. For some reason, it always had trouble hearing me say 'three.' My girlfriend would give me the weirdest looks as I spoke to my computer: "Three, get in the chopper. Three. Get in. Three. Three. THREE!!!"

By adding your own dialogue to be recognised you can make it quite nice and personal. I made mine recognise "okay, ladies..." and "alrite geezers..." to select all soldiers...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyucFXBb4apbTEaTpwmf3CtVPR75ptwxhivraspM2pykct_nTNsearch?hl=sv&tbo=d&biw=1920&bih=912&q=kinect+&tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSWglXOT4RgHGV_1xpGCxCwjKcIGjQKMggBEgz6BsQDwwefBKAEngQaIM6XkzV4CIq2ZxiYvLlb-pbph_1Rnp8x2heVnezx69puXDAsQjq7-CBoADCFbNPuEtTJvWg&sa=X&ei=dQYQUfemH8KR4AT-iIGQAg&ved=0CCUQwg4

Kinect is coming to PC maybe BIS will do something with it.

Voice recognition, motion controls there could be some cool ways to implement the Kinect into Armaverse.

Kinect is the thing is essential to make new mods for Arma 3 . It`s gonna be So much more easy to make one`s own

moves and put them in the game.It`s gonna be posseble to interact with objects if we can program how they find them in 3D Space and reconize them from a Library.

We should be able to wright our own Proxies and API`s that can use let`s say,a tall stick as a stand in for a weapon,and track it,and let us use it for a weapon--or simply use the hand.

It will simply change how we use the interface if we can add a lot if new interactions to the Command structure . I would like someone to write a API that let us insert our very own Animations! On the Fly!

Fantastic news! We might be able to put a hand on the screen,have some script that make it into one ,fluid movment to close a hatch (semi-closed) or even be able to play as a ground crew member ;Just add a unarmed Jet and a hatch,open it via hinges

and take an item(Gun,or other weapon) (should be posseble with PhysX) grabb it and move it close to a hard-point on a plane and use "Attach_To" command with other hand.

Awsome!search?hl=sv&gs_rn=2&gs_ri=hp&cp=5&gs_id=k&xhr=t&q=kinect&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41867550,d.bGE&biw=1920&bih=912&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=kwUQUainBIHl4QSqr4DACQ#imgrc=GmxIfz4SOzRWNM%3A%3BM8V25RWCdYskKM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.blogcdn.com%252Fwww.engadget.com%252Fmedia%252F2010%252F12%252F10x1209uob45kinect.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.engadget.com%252F2010%252F12%252F09%252Fkinect-finally-fulfills-its-minority-report-destiny-video%252F%3B600%3B400

Edited by John1000

Wait, what mod has that signature with "PhysX does everything" again? He should totally change it to "Kinect does everything."

Dynamic physics system, fully unscripted cargo bearing, mod making, shooting out of vehicles, free smoothies, the possibilities are endless.

Wait, what mod has that signature with "PhysX does everything" again? He should totally change it to "Kinect does everything."

Dynamic physics system, fully unscripted cargo bearing, mod making, shooting out of vehicles, free smoothies, the possibilities are endless.

Sniperwolf.

On topic:I have seen a mod that does that for ArmA II.

VAC enables this. No need to have it built into ArmA. Just sayin'.....

That's all fine in dandy if your greedy and want to charge people $18 bucks to use VAC, outside of the money you spend on buying Arma 3, when it should be incorporated into Arma 3 by default. Since in real life soldiers don't issue orders to other soldiers via a computer keyboard. Want to talk realistic, lets start with this feature, then you can boast about military realism in a sim, until then, Arma 3 will be a near perfect game, and nothing more; If Bohemia is satisfied with that rank, then more power to them, but if I were a gaming company, I'd be going for the gold medal in this race.