SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Any news about the upcoming patch? it seemed almost ready some weak ago but than no more news.Maybe it's related to the virus attack that affected I44 home recently?

How can I disassemble and later assemble a Vickers MG?

We played at coop and we could disassemble and take the two parts (the machinegun and the tripod) we went where we want to setup a position, but then we cannot assemble again. We tried the action menu and the i44 menu with Tab key, but nothing.

Yes, I read the F manual and it said: "can stil be put together using the 'Assemble' and 'Disassemble' backpack items." OK. How can I assemble?

Hi Bardosy,

Its the same as in regular modern day combined ops for mortars you put down the tripod first and then the guy with the gun goes to assemble it.

The guy with the tripod on his back basically goes into his gear, and drops the tripod where ever you guys choose to position the gun,

then the guy with the gun walks up to it and he should see the assemble option showup in his action menu, once you assemble it then you have the gun setup.

hey, i don't want to be impatient but i'm already curious for the next update :P when do you plan to release it?:bounce3:

I have a problem with island Battle of the Bulge in I44 v2.62. I made a SP mission on this map. And wenn i try to load the game (wenn i'm killed or something) all units from mission are teleported in the air over omaha map. We fall down and die. I have the same problem with St. Adam map from Cwr2 mod. I copy my mission to Merderet river-winter and on this map all is ok.

I have a problem with island Battle of the Bulge in I44 v2.62. I made a SP mission on this map. And wenn i try to load the game (wenn i'm killed or something) all units from mission are teleported in the air over omaha map. We fall down and die. I have the same problem with St. Adam map from Cwr2 mod. I copy my mission to Merderet river-winter and on this map all is ok.

That should be fixed on St. Adam with the most recent release. If the problem is the same with the Battle of the Bulge, then the config for it needs to be changed so that the .wrp,.pbo, and classname all have the same name. That's what the problem with mine was. I hope that helps.

@Jakerod

I checked St.Adam in CWR2 Demo4 and i think that this bug is gone, it's look that all is ok now. I must play some mission on this map. :)

Any news about the upcoming patch? it seemed almost ready some weak ago but than no more news.Maybe it's related to the virus attack that affected I44 home recently?

Sorry no that's mostly just me being a busy/lazy bugger. A couple files got away from me and I just haven't got around to putting everything together in a final patch. Been trying to get back into the swing of things but it'll probably be another week or so, apologies for that.

How can I disassemble and later assemble a Vickers MG?

As the vickers doesn't have a hand held version like the 30cal or MG42 it still gets put together like the normal static weapons as Gunter said. It can be a lil fiddly without the green popup text to notice this though. Basically when one bag is on the floor and you're carrying the other part of the gun (shouldn't matter which) as a backpack, look at the pack on the floor and 'Assemble' from the mousewheel menu. Other interactions should still work with out interface (loading ammo, moving etc).

I have a problem with island Battle of the Bulge in I44 v2.62

Ah we hadn't spotted this issue, might be worth pasting an issue for it over on dev-heaven so it doesn't slip our minds. If possible I'll get hold of prowler for the source files and try and push out a fix in a later release. Thanks Jakerod for the suggested fix!

How much sense does that make?

Personally I think its a bit of a wasted opportunity when there were so many other Russian front conflicts they could have covered especially when we already have such an expansive free mod available covering D-Day since the release of ArmA2, but it does explain why 1944 was chosen as the year for the title of their original game.

Now onto some more interesting news, progress is still steadily being made by Gnat on the plane overhaul (2.7) and Yac has recently furnished him with a lovely Messerschmitt ME410 to add to the German arsenal so all you fly-boys can get your bombing rocks off, screenshot provided below. Back on the ground our newest team member Animosity242 has been working on some real tank penetration code with some enhanced effects we hope to be rolling into a patch sometime before 2.7 if we can get the time to implement it across all the vehicles, I've included a very easly preview video that Animosity posted over on our public forums. Be sure to visit them for up to the minute updates and community news, mission releases, and public server listings.

me410.jpg

Finally I'd also like to point everyone over to the upcoming public beta of Hell in the Pacific the guys have done a fantastic job getting this done and I can't wait to see you guys over in some warmer waters soon!

Edited by PacUK

How much sense does that make?

Personally I think its a bit of a wasted opportunity when there were so many other Russian front conflicts they could have covered especially

when we already have such an expansive free mod available covering D-Day since the release of ArmA2

Pac, very good points, i wish Awar former modders would have though this dday thing through before goign through with it.

I said a few things myself,read what I said about the DDay DLC--> http://forum.iron-front.com/showthread.php?1521-Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-1-04-patch-available&p=13623&viewfull=1#post13623

Back ontopic, amazing what you guys been up to, i'm really looking forward to the penetration effects, i was wondering if you guys would add cooking rounds

like they would explode, and another question, didn't the shermans go up into huge flames because they ran on gas not diesel?

Woohoo! Can't wait for 2.63!!

It's like playing Brothers in Arms but without the corridors and better AI!

I think i found next small bug in v2.62. Soldier from French resistance, that one with Ithaca37 (shotgun) dont have texture on half of weapon. You can see white flashing texture on half of gun. Sometimes wenn i press preview button in editor (with only that guy with Ithaca37) before map is loaded i have window with error message "Cannot load texture i44_weapon_m1carbine\tex\carbine_co.paa".

@Günter Severloh, @PacUK: Thank you for the Vickers-answer! I tried it and works! Thanks again.

Other:

Is it a known bug? Junkers-52 has no rear model is you are in the plane. So if you are a cargo, you just sit in the open air (it's look like a disaster movie :) ). And there is no noise of Ju-52. I tried to hack it and add noise to the plane, but I gave it up and hope you guys will fix it.

And some critics:

generally I hate MODs and addons, and I'm a fan of vanilla version of ArmA2CO. I tried Inv44 a few month ago and I just dropped it as any other mods. But a few weeks ago I downloaded the 2.62 and tried it and I was shocked. It's a FANTASTIC MOD! I never thought before I will say this, but it's a GREAT work!

Not just nice. Every MOD is nice. But it's much more. It's a very different combat experience. Huge feeling! In vanilla ArmA2 if AI spot you, he will kill you with 1-2 shots. But in Inv44 AI shoot you many burst, the grass/leaves blow around you, the bullets just swing next to your ear... It's unbelievable. Thank you guys.

Last time when I made missions with MOD was OFP and now I just made missions by missions with ing44. Thanks!

Yac has recently furnished him with a lovely Messerschmitt ME410 to add to the German arsenal so all you fly-boys can get your bombing rocks off, screenshot provided below.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1091/me410.jpg

They have one of the world's only two surviving Messerschmitt Me 410s on display in a museum a just few miles from my home. It was always one of my favourite exhibits, so I'm very pleased to see it coming to ArmA.

Is it a known bug? Junkers-52 has no rear model is you are in the plane. So if you are a cargo, you just sit in the open air (it's look like a disaster movie :) ). And there is no noise of Ju-52.

Identified and fixed.

Per a WIP in the I44 Forums

Ju52_1.jpg

Ju52_2.jpg

Ju52_3.jpg

Hey I44 Team, i'm very impressed of this greate work. I´m looking forward to the next update. I have only the question if you plan to update the german weapons. As i know, Vilas does a great K98.

Sorry for my english.

First Post ;)

[quote name=Personally I think its a bit of a wasted opportunity when there were so many other Russian front conflicts they could have covered especially when we already have such an expansive free mod available covering D-Day since the release of ArmA2, but it does explain why 1944 was chosen as the year for the title of their original game.

[/quote]

Agree!

Gnat: Thanks for the good news! It looks great!

The ME410 is looking sweet, cant wait to fly that bird. :bounce3:

Penetration Effects like a real life = hit, combustion, explosion of ammunition.

it would be in the game ARMA2CO separate mod