SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Where did you guys put your config files? Such as cfgSounds? I've looked through multiple of your .pbo's but I can't find anything

Where did you guys put your config files? Such as cfgSounds? I've looked through multiple of your .pbo's but I can't find anything

It all depends what config you're looking for, the I44_base_ files generally contain most config information.

Did i read "real tank penetration code" ? Wow, this feature/change would be such a big one, hole Arma2 could needs this.

Guys, was I (and the Tiffy) forgotten about? Info, pretty pretty pretty please!

You won't leave my beloved aircraft out of the airplane update, right? It's a legend after all...

Guys, was I (and the Tiffy) forgotten about?

I doubt we'll include the ME-410 prior to the actual release of 2.7, as the work Yac's done has gone straight to Gnat for implementation in the new system and right now the only screenshot I personally have is the one posted.

Did i read "real tank penetration code" ? Wow, this feature/change would be such a big one, hole Arma2 could needs this.

Animosity has been doing some very cool stuff but we are still limited by what ArmA2's engine can handle. So while it won't match up to the most accurate damage models out there, it will be a far sight more realistic than our current system which pretty much plays a few simple math tricks depending on each units overall armour rating, the new system should take into account a lot more real world info such as directional armour thickness but it is still very early days. Keep an eye out on our forums for more news and previews!

Hey Pac,

you guys need any testers for anything I'd love to be part of your team, but I dont know how to texture, or write scripts, or codes, I got an idea when i look at them,

I'm more of a trouble shooter, but my compilation mods should give you a decent idea of what I can do in terms of testing ect,.

I have been contacted by a mod team to beta test for them, not going to say who its a secret project, but I'd like to be a part of something WW2 related.

is that possible? or you guys dont need anyone right now?

is there going to be another invasion 1944 mod like 2.7 or something invasion 1944 : Market garden instead of d-day including cool stuff as the welbike airborne motor and cushman airborne scooter and a big map of holland with places as Arnhem WOlfheze Oosterbeek Eindhoven Nijmegen grave son eerde veghel and stuff like that WITh the brogdges also some gliders would be nice like the british Airspeed horsa what also was used by the US glider infantry , the US waco and the UK hamilcar and some new forces like British paratroopers with the parachute and oversmock and US glider infantry of the 82nd AIrborne and 101st Airborne the 1st POlish independent parachutits brigade an Dc-3 dakota with camouflage and a RAF sign things as the 30 corps of montgomery also some US paratroopers wearin gthe m-43 with the yellow life jacket and a t5 parachute on the back with a harnas and a reserve chute also things as the British airborne folding bike and more british AB jeeps with differetn things as nstead of the reserve wheel on top of the front just in front of the jeep between the front and the bumper and a Bren on it instead of a Vickers VGO and things as the Airborne trailer attachable to the jeep and the 75mm Pack howitzer who can be attached to the AB trailer with ammo attached to the jeep this is just some kind of request I live in holland and funny enough I lived in Eindoven(101st airborne landed there (506PIR)) then we moved to Wolfheze (near arnhem LZ of the gliders) then to Nijmegen (82nd Airborne landed there) My grandad lives in Veghel (the 502nd PIR and 502nd GIr landed there and my dad lives in Eerde 501PIR landed there I know this are a lots of request but it isn't really a request it is more to bring you guys on a idea one more thing that would look cool is the Hitlerjügend becaus eArnhem was a place the germans never thought it would be attacked so some of the germans who were on the front were stationd in Arnhem to get some rest I've seen that there alreaddy are some Market garden things in Invasion 1944 like the british Airborne who also fought in Normandy and the AMericans with the M-43 is the uniform the used after d-day so Hollan battle of the bulge and germany also if this would brings someone on ideas here is one thing if someone could put the d on the tail of the C-47 (dc-3 Dakota) and like x8 or j3 or anything on the left cheek of the cockpit Great work with the great mod anyway I still play Invasion 1944 Hell in the pacific and th e31st Normandy mod every day!

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

sorry for my bad english I am Dutch.

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

for the information of the Airborne jeeps and information I would use Rob van meel's Airborne jeep book and his welbike book I reccomend this book to UK Airborne fans when I first read it I learned thousands of AB jeep modifications I didn't knew about

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

for the polish forces you bassicly have to give them a blue berret instead of red with an other capbadge

Tiffy =/= Me-410. It's a slang for Hawker Typhoon

Ah, well the Typhoon should be ingame already, but yes it will be included in the 2.7 overhaul, the goal of Gnat's patch is to bring all the planes onto one level field using the same damage models and special effects expanding on the work already done by CSJ and Yac for The_Few, and the work by Yac on newer I44 exclusive planes.

sorry for my bad english I am Dutch.

Your English is just fine, but a few full stops and paragraphs would help make it easier to read ;) As mentioned above, the next big planned update is 2.7 which will mainly focus on improving the air combat and balancing it in general as well as a few other additions (hopefully some Anti Aircraft updates, units etc). While Holland has been an area we'd love to cover, we really don't have the numbers to produce a full mods worth of content these days so are really focusing on fine tuning and adding smaller single units and maps rather than collate them into one large project that can take months to release. Our recent patches have all been planned to be small and often grow very quickly delaying the release of units that might have been ready for a while to release a 'pack'.

What you may see is smaller content releases with bug fixes and smaller releases as and when things are ready. Then if we come to ArmA3 we'd be more likely to look at starting a new total project in for example Holland and focusing production of new assets on that if there's still the desire to do so. Really the best way I can say to get the things you want in I44, is to learn how to produce them and come help us make them!

@Rob_Mayall: I really understand you. I'm also a Market-Garden fan and I don't like too much Normandy, but since OFP, I knew you can cook with all things what you have and cannot cook with thing you haven't. So you can create MG missions with i44. It will not be authentic in all effort, but it's fine. For examle I just finished a mission about Operation Mercury (Invasion of Crete, 1941) with mod i44.

And I have an other mission with british paras and their motorcycle (what you wanted) replaced with German BMW. I know, it's not authentic, but it1s OK.

Anyway, a few years ago I was in your country and I bike on the Hell's highway (only in the North part: Grosbeek, Nijmegen, Arnhem, Oosterbeek). And this is a very good memory for me.

And I know there is no a perfect island for Netherlands, but you can use some similar (but without tulip and windmill ;) )

@Rob_Mayall: I really understand you. I'm also a Market-Garden fan and I don't like too much Normandy, but since OFP, I knew you can cook with all things what you have and cannot cook with thing you haven't. So you can create MG missions with i44. It will not be authentic in all effort, but it's fine. For examle I just finished a mission about Operation Mercury (Invasion of Crete, 1941) with mod i44.

And I have an other mission with british paras and their motorcycle (what you wanted) replaced with German BMW. I know, it's not authentic, but it1s OK.

Anyway, a few years ago I was in your country and I bike on the Hell's highway (only in the North part: Grosbeek, Nijmegen, Arnhem, Oosterbeek). And this is a very good memory for me.

And I know there is no a perfect island for Netherlands, but you can use some similar (but without tulip and windmill ;) )

Great to hear that you're turning your experienced eye to I44 missions.

It seems SO unjust that such a fine mod doesn't have a proper campaign yet.

As for NL maps, have you contacted DualJoe about his Grebbeberg map?

Have a look at it over in the Discussions area.

Last I heard he's taken a break (for health reasons) but he's already made incredible progress

I have found out myself that the new ACR DLC island is good for Op. Market-Garden. Chernogorsk is... ALMOST spot on with Oosterbeek, including the train bridge.

Also.. YAY, TIFFY!

Work on 2.63 has resumed on my end at a reduced pace, but I'm hoping to get things out before Xmas if at all possible, still got a couple of battlegrounds to finish up and one new one for the winter version of Neaville to produce. Animosity's work on the new tank penetration code and effects is coming along very nicely, we're hoping this should be good to go for 2.64 patch and hopefully we can squeeze in one or two new tanks to go alongside. Here's a short video showing the new burning effect he's been working on:

Amazing news PacUK!

I need a little help.

I'm trying to use a "SoldierWB" check on the I44 units but it doesn't work...I tried to take a look in the config but there are a lot of pbos...Could anyone tell me what kind of class can i use to check if a unit is west or east by the config?

i liked new tank penetration and tank burning,like a real.

and 2.64 its a patch or new version dowload again?

@Giallustio

the i44 mod has his own base classes

try following classes

westSoldierBaseClass = 'I44_Man_A'; //american

westSoldierBaseClass2 = 'I44_Man_B'; //britain

eastSoldierBaseClass = 'I44_Man_G';

resistanceSoldierBaseClass = 'I44_Man_R';

2.64 its a patch or new version dowload again?

The upcoming 2.63 and future 2.64 updates will both be patches primarily distributed through Play withSix currently 2.63 is weighing in at about 135MB so not too big of a download.

Pac will playwithsix be the only download option?

I'd prefer the manual installation/download, using playwithsix only limits or prevents alot of fans from getting the next version of the mod who prefer the traditional download method.

I wouldn't worry.

I'm sure Armaholic will rescue us (they always have in the past).