Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Congratulations, BIS, on another great game release!

I want to take this opportunity to congratulate and thank BIS for another excellent game release!

Wasn't a flightsim guy myself, but Take On convinced me, rather recently :)

I second the motion. Everything is working perfectly so far. :cool: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :bounce3:

Agree, congrats on release and good luck with the sales BIS.

It really looks very good. Played the first missions already. It looks fun.

And I just crashed the Marine One into a Skyscraper. Damn I killed the Präsident :eek:

Big thank you, BIS and congrats to an excellent game.

Congrats BIS, i wish you good luck (and euros) with this new release.

i'm still waiting for a "Take On(e) Csech Beer" simulation game :803:

i'm still waiting for a "Take On(e) Csech Beer" simulation game :803:

And its immediate sequel "Take Another On(e)". :D

@Topic: Indeed, kudos and congratulations to BIS for what is shaping up to be a unique, challenging and fun PC game. :)

Yup, good stuff here. This year I've bought Deus Ex 2, RO2, Crysis 2, BF3 and Take On. Only RO2 and Take On Beta have I played more then a few hours.

Originally I bought it just to support BI, but now I'm actually considering buying a joystick (Don't like playing with auto-trim) and really enjoying this game.

Just Bought the game.

Not sure I'll ever master it as I'm not that much of a sim guy myself (Arma 2 choppers were just fine for me), but I want to support BIS for their great initiatives, and who knows maybe someday I'll be able to get rid off all the helpers...

Yes, congrats BIS with this awesome game! Just flew the first couple of missions in the career. Awesome :D

Yes, this is really a masterpiece (me being a old rotorhead and flying almost every heli-sim from Gunship (Commodore C=64) on). I really love the balance between simulation and story-telling, combined with some tinkering on my helicopter. It's like the missing link between Sim Copter and Black Shark.

My first acquisition: doors! It was way to windy in my chopper. Now should I buy the better skid steps…? :)

I did all tutorials (and failed on autorotations :D), took few free flights, and love it. Congratulations on release and thank you guys for great game.

I was totally surprised that it was released already, and bought it on sprocket the next minute.

Congrats on the release, and Im sure I'll enjoy thisone! (never played a flightsim more then 15 min before).

Ill report back when it's installed. (13GB wtf?!)

It'll be "great" when they issue a patch to fix the blatant fucking bugs. Day one of full version release and it's unplayable for more than 10 minutes at a time because a memory leak causes it to crash to desktop every time. You also can't change the difficulty level in Free Flight mode.

Take On Disappointment. :mad:

It'll be "great" when they issue a patch to fix the blatant fucking bugs. Day one of full version release and it's unplayable for more than 10 minutes at a time because a memory leak causes it to crash to desktop every time. You also can't change the difficulty level in Free Flight mode.

did You reported the problems into CIT?

yeah ! couple of hours of dabble and im really quite taken, it works well ,the idea the concept etcetra. Iam a DCS user and fan of some great Flight models(FM's) out there, so i hated arma2's thouroughly playfull FM and was quite hesitant about this and taking into account the community preview for TOH. im really quite taken by the whole thing though. The FM is really quite nice with my x52pro serving well, better than arma2. it could be smoother in some areas still but nice all the same. flying over the asia arena felt great for a free flight. and starting the tutorials was a blast. lots of interesting ideas to be thrown around. may it be as succesfull as the arma series. \o/

my only niggle so far.(i expected performance to be a serious niggle, thankfully not! i7-950 (no overclock), 3 gig ram, GT280(1gig), not max settings but certainly nice looking.

Trackir. not normally done but my style, i like to use my lean forward as a view zoom facility but there are no analogous variations of the zoom that i can see. just need to get viewing the cockpit instruments more closer at times. seems its only at the furthest extents. In or Out. wishing for better system there.

ohh and do keep the official download content rolling.

Edited by 9thAircav

Trackir. not normally done but my style, i like to use my lean forward as a view zoom facility but there are no analogous variations of the zoom that i can see. just need to get viewing the cockpit instruments more closer at times. seems its only at the furthest extents. In or Out. wishing for better system there.

Ah, thx for sharing. I thought my TrackIR was acting up. I finally removed TrackIR-Z-axis from my controls, and put the button for quick-zoom on my stick.

Please create a ticket at TOH issue tracker: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/toh-cit/issues/new

Also include the rpt file, mdmp file etc, as decribed at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT#How-to-report-a-crash

TrackIR could definitely use better support. It works ok with the basic rotate, but the movement directions are way overly sensitive so (just as in ARMA 2), I've had to turn them off. It would be nice if it worked as well as it does in the DCS titles.

@Scarmax, "You also can't change the difficulty level in Free Flight mode", There is a bit of a hack that will allow you to change it:

1) Press Escape

2) Choose Game Options

3) Choose Difficulty

4) Select Setting

5) Choose Edit

6) Choose Ok (You don't have to change anything)

7) Then Cancel > Back > Continue

@Bis, thanks for a nice sim, It felt very realistic and had a interesting start on the career. Take on helicopters will definitively take more hours of my schedule :)

I hope this heli model is forwarded into arma3 ( atleast on expert mode)

Yup, good stuff here. This year I've bought Deus Ex 2, RO2, Crysis 2, BF3 and Take On. Only RO2 and Take On Beta have I played more then a few hours.

Originally I bought it just to support BI, but now I'm actually considering buying a joystick (Don't like playing with auto-trim) and really enjoying this game.

Oh you definately should, aside from the trim having a stick makes a worlds of difference compared to what you can do with the mouse and keyboard.

To BIS team,

Thank you very much for this excellent simulator, that not only is, by far, the COTS most accurate helicopter simulation ever but also because it brilliantly adds the mission based role playing, something never seen before in the flight sim scene.

Please make sure I know when a country, I don't give a fuck which one, receives the english boxed version of TOH, at least one of those boxes will be mine.

Isaac :)

I'm loving this already...

Pleasantly surprised by the immersion.

Good game, thanks BIS.