Sign in to follow this  
froggyluv

This + Arma = Perfect Game

I thought it'd be fun to know what other game you best think would compliment Arma if merged and why. Thru the ages I've heard alot of Steel Beasts, Ro1, Insurgency, Swat 4 and of course GR.

Personally I'd have to say RO2, due to it's impressive animations, stellar CQB, and reactive bot behaviour.

Edited by froggyluv

ArmA2 (freedom, sandbox) + Total War (amount of units, ability to fight in large formations) + Mount and Blade (close combat) :) (Yeah, i know, i'm an historical games freak).

Edited by ProfTournesol

Heh it would be nice dream :D

RO2+Arma infantry , Steel Beasts for tanks , Lock On for Plane/helis and somekind simulator of Battle Ships

RO2+Arma infantry , Steel Beasts for tanks , Lock On for Plane/helis and somekind simulator of Battle Ships

What he said.

Additionally, DCS: Black Shark for helis, Silent Hunter 4 for submarine warfare.

Perfect game?

How about BI spend as many years as neccesary to create an ArmA game that is near-perfect.

Problem is, the engine/graphics would be so outdated that only the hardest of the hardcore fans would buy it when it is eventually released.

It's a no-win situation. Until game creation technology comes along in leaps and bounds to help reduce the burden of need for highly skilled patient coders, we will always have fundamentally flawed buggy games within the ambitious sandbox open-ended genre :(

Essentially, we need ED and BIS to team up as previous posters have said.

It would be so excellent if they could mix the DCS series with ArmA.

It would also allow Bohemia to concentrate on the ground stuff while a dedicated team dealt with the air component.

ArmA2 (freedom, sandbox) + Total War (amount of units, ability to fight in large formations) + Mount and Blade (close combat) :) (Yeah, i know, i'm an historical games freak).

I always call Mount and Blade the ArmA of the middle ages. But instead of this combination ill get rid of Mount and Blade and replace it with RO2.

I think Limnos size in Skyrim could have been a cool CRPG, combined with Mount & Blade (which I have only seen, never played).

OK here is mine:

Arma+Steal beasts for the tanks+DCS for all Aircraft+something with awesome CQB AI+Something for naval warfare+Big Citys like in GTA 4 but with every building fully enterable

See you in 2050 then

I doubt that this will be possible for the next decade

Rise of Nations+Arma 2=EPIC WARFARE MODE

Sims 2+Arma 2= THE BEST LIFE MOD EVAR

Microsoft Flight simulator+Arma 2= JESUS CHRIST I DONT EVEN KNOW

You gotta play it its amazing. Warband is the best one but I havent played With Fire and Sword.

You will see how firearms changed everything on the battlefield, as you'll get shot from your horse by a bunch of lousy peasants :rolleyes:

OT:

RO2 for Infantry mechanics.

Civ5 for a larger Warfare mode with randomly generated terrain.

You will see how firearms changed everything on the battlefield, as you'll get shot from your horse by a bunch of lousy peasants :rolleyes:

I was once killed by a potato weilding peasant mob. :o

Hmm potatos and Arma....Irish Farma!

I shouldve gotten it yesterday when it was 3 dollars on Steam -_-. Anyways I do think Arma 2 combined with Sims 2 (or maybe Sims 3) would be an awesome military life simulator.

I think you got it right when you mentioned Steel beasts. ArmA needs a good tank system, including damage modelling of course. other than that, DCS sims would be great too.

The wet dream list. Right, here we go:

ArmA

+ RBR (driving)

+ Race07 (moar driving!)

+ SWAT4 (npc behaviour patterns)

+ Raven Shield (mousewheel door handling)

+ Kerbal Space Program (fire ze missiles)

+ DCS:Black Shark (all about helos)

+ DCS:A10 (all about A-10´s)

+whatever DCS applies

+Silent Hunter (water simulation and torpedo stuff)

+T72:Balkans on Fire (tank & penetration stuff)

+Steel Beasts (moar tank & penetration & planning stuff)

+BFBC2 (destructible houses!)

+Soldiers Heroes of WW2 (replacing high commander mode + even more destruction & penetration stuff!)

+VBS2 (after action report)

+Mount & Blade (horses & melee!)

.......that should be it :p

Edited by Mr Burns

ArmA

+ RBR (driving)

+ Race07 (moar driving!)

+whatever DCS applies

+Soldiers Heroes of WW2 (replacing high commander mode + even more destruction & penetration stuff!)

Damn that list is...AWESOME

Add big citys with big houses and you have the ultimate game.

Some features from Ghost Recon, Infiltration (Mod), SWAT 3/4, and Red Orchestra should suffice for infantry aspects I suppose.

Steal Bitches, er, Steel Beasts seems the right one for armour simulation, but I think they too need some love for infantry, because the infantry is, at most, acceptable in SB.

Not a game but

Activisions budget + Arma

Equals very well paid BIS devs, more man power and more money for fancier marketing.

As long as Activision doesnt take over BIS in any way shape or form and Arma remains Intellectual property of BIS then that would be swell! :)

ArmA

+ RBR (driving)

+ Race07 (moar driving!)

+whatever DCS applies

You forgot to add SimCity 4 in there for environment related stuff and I think Supreme Commander or Close Combat 5 would be good for strategic / higher than squad level elements but you kind of already have that covered.

Thief 2 + A2

I want to be able to shut down a T-90 with a water arrow down the exhaust pipe.. + the stealth of course.

Swat 4 with Sherriff's Special Forces mod ( IMHO it's hands down the best PC game ever created and if BIS can develop a similar style of game that focuses on realistic military close quarters combat I guarantee it will outsell all of there other projects ).

Steel Beasts Pro

DCS A10-C Warthog and DCS Ka-50 Black Shark

The Perfect ARMA3 will be released in 2021, or, 2012 with over 10000 developers working on it 24/7.