Sign in to follow this  
froggyluv

This + Arma = Perfect Game

Why? CoD would only add to the realism.

watfw.jpg

How exactly? :blues:

Also, I agree with ArmA + DSC

Swat 4 with Sherriff's Special Forces mod ( IMHO it's hands down the best PC game ever created and if BIS can develop a similar style of game that focuses on realistic military close quarters combat I guarantee it will outsell all of there other projects ).

Re-picked up SWAT4 to try this mod -it's awesome. Actually the whole game is just amazing for it's time and still plays great. Only gripe is I hate crosshairs -with a passion.

Our guy Cultivator once found a mod that included iron sights in Swat 4, but when he broke his installation by using it we waved him off because there was playing to be done :D .. nevertheless the pictures on the DL page (which i cannot seem to find again) had iron sights :butbut:

Offtopic:

@froggyluv & Mr Burns & Cripsis

I've been trying to find a mod with ironsights for SWAT4 for years.

Guys, if you know of one please PM me, or post a link. :)

I'll try it, even if it brakes my installation. :D

Ontopic:

I think SWAT 3/4 CQC would go fine with Arma.

Edited by Kernriver

Re-picked up SWAT4 to try this mod -it's awesome. Actually the whole game is just amazing for it's time and still plays great. Only gripe is I hate crosshairs -with a passion.

Yeah it's a shame about the crosshairs, I wish there was an option to remove them.

I think SWAT 3/4 CQC would go fine with Arma.

Hell yeah that would be amazing. I hope one day BIS consider developing a realistic CQC game, I wouldn't mind if the maps were small so long as it had an emphasis on realism, a CQC simulation rather than a COD clone.

@OP: RO2 is inferior to ArmA in almost every way imaginable considering that it has more in common with console shooters, so why would anyone want to mix it in?

Here are the major points why:

- it's very hollywoodish, run around kill enemies CoD/BF-style because weapons have no ballistics

- cover system with hollywoodish blindfire, considering that this is ww2 which makes it look even more unnatural

- all weapons are balanced. When dev tried to make them unbalanced people started to cry that germans have better weapons (which is true to reality) and now dev is ruining the last remnants of realism

I'd say ArmA + Rainbow Six Raven Shield CQB would be pretty nice though instead. Especially custom leaning adjustment and more reactive AI up close

Edited by metalcraze

@OP: RO2 is inferior to ArmA in almost every way imaginable considering that it has more in common with console shooters, so why would anyone want to mix it in?

- it's very hollywoodish, run around kill enemies CoD/BF-style because weapons have no ballistics

- cover system with hollywoodish blindfire, considering that this is ww2 which makes it look even more unnatural

- all weapons are balanced. When dev tried to make them unbalanced people started to cry that germans have better weapons (which is true to reality) and now dev is ruining the last remnants of realism

I'd say ArmA + Rainbow Six Raven Shield CQB would be pretty nice though instead. Especially custom leaning adjustment and more reactive AI up close

tDcLP3Z_21281-NOT-SURE-IF-TROLL-OR-JUST-VERY-STU.jpg

I think ArmA should be combined with OFP: Red River, I hate how you die when you get shot in the head in ArmA and I think Red River would fix that.

Also,

World of Warcraft + ArmA = Digital heroin

Edited by RangerPL

Dude, have you actually played RO? Do you own it? I really doubt it, you opinion seems to be based on some yt vids you might have seen.

No ballistics? Really? That is why you can adjust the sights, no?

holywoodish blind fire? What is that in the first place? Because in RO, if you blind fire, you can't really see where you are shooting, so all in all, it is indeed BLIND firing. It is the first game to feature this.

Balanced weapons? There are no 2 weapons alike in this game. Not even the bull-pup weapons...

BFBC2 + Arma on shapur or slightly larger maps like Old Bears Brik2, game type: a combination off conquest and rush where you can only capture one area before moving on to the next.

BCBC2 for it's pure gaming sexiness, and Arma for it's realistic aspects

BF3 + A3 FTW :D

BFBC2 + Arma on shapur or slightly larger maps like Old Bears Brik2, game type: a combination off conquest and rush where you can only capture one area before moving on to the next.

-1 :mad:

you-can-t-be-serious-joker.jpg

Arma + ACRE + DCS + Steel Beasts

Then maybe something else to make it feel less sterile. Yet to try RO2...

I like how in ArmA 3 you can customise your weapons.

I hope that BIS bring in stuff like double tap, body armour, steady aim and sleight of hand. That way you could customise your skills and make your skills just like in real life.

bardemcopy.jpg

Edited by BangTail

WW2 Online...END OF DISCUSSION

ARMA's detailed worlds and less clunky soldiers and better graphics put into a massively multiplayer game spanning hundreds and hundreds of square kilometers.

HOLY CHIT!

ArmA 3 and TAKOH.

Oh wait.

If ArmA 4 would have the smooth infantry and tank gameplay mechanics of Red Orchestra 2, the in-depth features and tank warfare from Steel Beasts Pro, the aerial warfae from the DCS series combined with a bit of iRacing/Richard Burns Rally (or any race sim with tyre, steering rack and suspension simulation) inspired road vehicle simulation and a distinct Bohemia Interactive homemade naval warfare module that would be near my ultimate game.

Would be great if the AI around you would be amongst the better real-time strategy games around that time. So that it feels even more like you participate in a real simulation.

First step should be buyout of eSim Games for their Steel Beasts experience and then expanding in other simulation gaming branches like race sims, in the way BIS has expanded their business with TAKOH.

Edited by SgtH3nry3

@hammer and tail..

Yes i know what im talking about and serious, The thread is about what you think would make a great combination Arma, not let's find and post pics we not clever enough to make ourselves.

I like BC2, I just don't think the ultimate Arma game would benefit from it's inclusion.

Edited by BangTail