Sign in to follow this  
suma

ArmA 2 OA Beta Build 83067

Suma, can you quickly comment on the current state of the separation of simulation and renderer? According to the changelog the interpolation went live a few betas ago, but so far I have not noticed any of the significant framerate improvements that this seperation should bring with it.

+ fixes as mentioned directly in the previous beta feedback topics.
It would be more useful if the fixes would be actually included in the changelogs, if not on the beta page, then at least in the announce thread.

Today I noticed that if a vehicle gets flipped onto it's side it starts to bounce, I've back tracked and found that this started in beta 82901 and still present in this current beta.

Last good beta was 82604.

You can see this by placing

this setVectorUp [0,1,0]

in the vehicles init.

The bounce can be as much as 3meters.

I've noticed if I stand too near a rock I'll bounce as well ,might be related.

I don't know, but I have the impression that since the last two patches the AI tends to cluster up more than before. I just had three guys basically sitting on top of each other. Also they seem to be a bit too fond of cover.

I know, that's not a very precise report, but it is hard to put into words.

I don't know, but I have the impression that since the last two patches

Do you mean beta's? Or actual official full patches?

Ah sky fix, interesting, will try this out.

Quite recently, friendly AI has begun disregarding my position when they take cover, moving me away while thay're at it, and if I'm aiming at something, the aim jumps too.

Quite recently, friendly AI has begun disregarding my position when they take cover, moving me away while thay're at it, and if I'm aiming at something, the aim jumps too.

I noticed that too. At first I wondered what was making the screen jump and then I realised that my no.2 was trying to get more pally with me than I wanted. First noticed this in the previous beta.

That's been there since 1.59

Just as AI clipping through each other at the same cover position.

I guess the check if the position is taken doesn't work too well.

Gettin lots of CTD´s in MP with latest two builds, especially in Domination.

Does happen as soon as a missile (maybe something else) destroys your vehicle and you die. Immediate CTD.

I've added the dumps already yesterday to CIT. Somebody reported that it also happens in Warfare.

Xeno

Bug:

AI dont switch to primary weapon (G36) if secondary (G17) has been dropped via players micro-micro management (map - unit - gear selection - drop G17)

The AI stays in current position with empty hands. Order to reload G36 magazine = no effect.

expected: AI should switch to another weapon if all magazines are depleted or if weapon is not available

mission E06: Little Bird

at the end of mission error message with Alice_anims

Bug:

AI dont switch to primary weapon (G36) if secondary (G17) has been dropped via players micro-micro management (map - unit - gear selection - drop G17)

The AI stays in current position with empty hands. Order to reload G36 magazine = no effect.

expected: AI should switch to another weapon if all magazines are depleted or if weapon is not available

mission E06: Little Bird

at the end of mission error message with Alice_anims

seems a lot like AI getting stuck with secondary side arms to me.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3168

Edited by Muahaha

Does happen as soon as a missile (maybe something else) destroys your vehicle and you die. Immediate CTD.

I've added the dumps already yesterday to CIT. Somebody reported that it also happens in Warfare.

Xeno

This was happening to me in Warfare, but Mr. Gossamer thought it was because I have Post Proc. on Normal. :rolleyes:

ive got an issue with scopes.

when its almost dark and im aiming, sometimes my screen gets realy dark.

at first i tought i was aiming at the ground but i didnt.

when i move my scope a bit it disapeares again.

Yes, me too.

I get CTDs when getting shot and respawning, mostly

Edit: It happens when being shot in a vehicle, too, not only if the vehicle is destroyed.

Edited by Varanon

Do you mean beta's? Or actual official full patches?

Sorry, yes I mean the last two beta patches.