Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

is that mocap for marksmen or upcoming expansion?

That's what i thought too.

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

Well it would be about time , BIS hinting us with the China faction since A2

This. So much. Yesh. Plox. PLA. But wait, if they add a Chinese faction, they would need more Waterborne combat vehicles. China has a ton of light Patrol boats with rockets and stuff, and for good reason.

That's what i thought too.

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

This. So much. Yesh. Plox. PLA. But wait, if they add a Chinese faction, they would need more Waterborne combat vehicles. China has a ton of light Patrol boats with rockets and stuff, and for good reason.

i wrote "almost" because there is an AK mocap in the video, but there is an AK in all FPS....... but the QBZ is strictly chinese, if you add the indonesia rumors....... would be an amazing expansion ;)

i wrote "almost" because there is an AK mocap in the video, but there is an AK in all FPS....... but the QBZ is strictly chinese, if you add the indonesia rumors....... would be an amazing expansion ;)

But not ArmA3 (yet). So doesn't necessarily mean we'll see a QBZ. Or could mean we'll see an AK variant too...I love wild speculation as much as the next person but we may be jumping the gun (pardon the pun).

But not ArmA3 (yet). So doesn't necessarily mean we'll see a QBZ. Or could mean we'll see an AK variant too...I love wild speculation as much as the next person but we may be jumping the gun (pardon the pun).

yes but surely something about Asia/ Far East will be in the expansion

It could just be a generic bullpup prop they use for the katiba and the likes when making animations.

It could just be a generic bullpup prop they use for the katiba and the likes when making animations.

probably..........however if isn't Asia /far east good luck for the sales hhahahaha

Funny thing is, there's four-year-old photos from Rocket back in the pre-DayZ days mo-capping using an AK-shaped prop weapon for some of the stances, and while we didn't see an AK in-game... unless this prop was used in place of Katiba/the likes specifically for deployment animations (that is, specifically due a DLC-accompanying feature) then it'd otherwise be out of usual pattern for the devs to redo/add animations.

One thing that I like aesthetically is that the Type 95 and associated weapons (as well as several other infantry weapons in PLA use) wouldn't look too out of place alongside the Katiba series and some other existing CSAT weaponry, even if BI went to town so to speak on their appearance and stats for the fictional versions thereof; I make that comparison since there's no reason to expect that it wouldn't be "PLA 2035" if it was the PLA at all.

Funny thing is, there's four-year-old photos from Rocket back in the pre-DayZ days mo-capping using an AK-shaped prop weapon for some of the stances, and while we didn't see an AK in-game... unless this prop was used in place of Katiba/the likes specifically for deployment animations (that is, specifically due a DLC-accompanying feature) then it'd otherwise be out of usual pattern for the devs to redo/add animations.

One thing that I like aesthetically is that the Type 95 and associated weapons (as well as several other infantry weapons in PLA use) wouldn't look too out of place alongside the Katiba series and some other existing CSAT weaponry, even if BI went to town so to speak on their appearance and stats for the fictional versions thereof; I make that comparison since there's no reason to expect that it wouldn't be "PLA 2035" if it was the PLA at all.

True. Honestly, i wouldn't mind it BIS made a couple make overs, but as long as they keep the good stuff they way it is IRL, kinda like how they've already done most of there game so far. Most of it's real existing modern tech, but with very few twists, like the Wipeout/Kajman/AA Systems and what not.

True. Honestly, i wouldn't mind it BIS made a couple make overs, but as long as they keep the good stuff they way it is IRL, kinda like how they've already done most of there game so far. Most of it's real existing modern tech, but with very few twists, like the Wipeout/Kajman/AA Systems and what not.
I'd also expect a rechambering ~6.5 mm, if only because I can't see the PLA not up-calibering its own weapons when the PRC cooperated in the development of the service rifle for the Farsi-speaking contingent seen in The East Wind. (Citation: Arma 3 Field Manual, Katiba entry) I can understand BI going out of its way to never say Iran, but if both are CSAT member nations then it stands to reason that both were onboard with the 6.5 mm standard, and of course "different service rifles in the same caliber" would have been a thing for decades in both NATO and the former Warsaw Pact before that going back to the earlier Arma games.

The Kajman is fictional in appearance but gameplay-wise it's really "Hind 2035", albeit with the coaxial rotor design used by the majority of Kamov helicopters (as highlighted in DCS) and the Sikorsky S-97.

I'd also expect a rechambering ~6.5 mm, if only because I can't see the PLA not up-calibering its own weapons when the PRC cooperated in the development of the service rifle for the Farsi-speaking contingent seen in The East Wind. (Citation: Arma 3 Field Manual, Katiba entry) I can understand BI going out of its way to never say Iran, but if both are CSAT member nations then it stands to reason that both were onboard with the 6.5 mm standard, and of course "different service rifles in the same caliber" would have been a thing for decades in both NATO and the former Warsaw Pact before that going back to the earlier Arma games.

The Kajman is fictional in appearance but gameplay-wise it's really "Hind 2035", albeit with the coaxial rotor design used by the majority of Kamov helicopters (as highlighted in DCS) and the Sikorsky S-97.

The Kajman is so good, not sure if Hind, Havoc, or Black Shark.

The ancestry of its aesthetics aside, as I said its role is straight-up "Hind 2035".

It's a flying, goddamn indestructible tank and I love it.

My father has described riding in Mi helos as "a big, flying garbage truck" and I can see why.

Or we could use it to check vehicle's underbody.

Not much use for that, we still can't attach explosives to vehicles... :/

yes but surely something about Asia/ Far East will be in the expansion

Yes! Haven't been this excited about exotic new locales since Tintin went to Tibet in 1979 for me

Not much use for that, we still can't attach explosives to vehicles... :/

I believe AGM can do that, and if I remember correctly, there was also a standalone script.

Ironically, that (scripting) was what the 2011 videos were using.

Ironically, that (scripting) was what the 2011 videos were using.

i'm guessing it's something to o with attachto, and BIS refuse to use attachto for any kind of thing.

is it possible to remove the soundfile which is responsible for these awful sonic cracks?? I can't play with that sound

is it possible to remove the soundfile which is responsible for these awful sonic cracks?? I can't play with that sound

Are they really that bad? If so, can you provide an example of what a sonic crack should sound like in game?

Matter of taste I guess. I again find them useful and much better than the old ones. :)

Matter of taste yes. They haven't been there all the time and I also removed the ones from dragonfyre. Now I'm forced to use them. I simply find 'em annoying, that's all.. They appear way too often in a firefight( yes that's how it is in real life I know) . I try to find the matching pbo on my own though..

Well this month is already one of best for Arma 3. Great update from BIS and also some great news from the modding community. Game life prolonged by at least 1 year :)

You feel the lack of a system of combat or stealth disposal to complete the realism of the simulation. I particularly love this option is complete and thus achieve the maximum development of this game is my favorite.

So, now all the DLC are out, I hope we can expect some infos about the expansion.

So, now all the DLC are out, I hope we can expect some infos about the expansion.

Yup it is now waiting for the new "roadmap", but i think that it wont take to long, they are probely now busy with the feedback from Marksmen DLC, so i think somewhere end April/start may they will start "leaking" some intel followed by a big "announcement" shortly after that ;) but thats pure speculation, i dont know theire agenda ;)