Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

On the contrary, based on Arma France's pettka interview it appears as if the Expansion will be handled as a DLC complete with "features are free, content is paid", just with a presumably wider scope than the deliberately-narrowed thematic focus of the previous ones.

snip. somehow duplicate of previous comment. O.o

On the contrary, based on Arma France's pettka interview it appears as if the Expansion will be handled as a DLC complete with "features are free, content is paid", just with a presumably wider scope than the deliberately-narrowed thematic focus of the previous ones.

I presume, that wider scope refers to it being well... an Expansion Pack, just distributed the same way as the DLC's. Which is good i guess. I can see it happening again though, thread after thread complaining about not being able to access the new Terrain, and vehicles. Maybe not so much Weapons, they should get over that after the Marksman DLC. There really is no reason not to get the Expansion though. From what i've heard, it's an ambitious project, and it aught to be good.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Don't worry ,not everyone will be wearing it. Only Grenadier's and Marksman that own the DLC. Also, the heavier Rifles included in the DLC shouldn't have a problem even with that vest, unless your long range shooting.

The vests aren't DLC content, so various standard units wear it (TL,SL, CLS, Grenadier), as far as I know the config is exactly the same as before, we've had GL and Special Carrier rigs but without a unique model, I think all they've done is create the model and swap it in, config wise it's the same.

The vests aren't DLC content, so various standard units wear it (TL,SL, CLS, Grenadier), as far as I know the config is exactly the same as before, we've had GL and Special Carrier rigs but without a unique model, I think all they've done is create the model and swap it in, config wise it's the same.

Well, they all have DLC icon's next to the in game, unless of course it's just place holder and as you said, not meant to be DLC content.

Don't worry ,not everyone will be wearing it. Only Grenadier's and Marksman that own the DLC. Also, the heavier Rifles included in the DLC shouldn't have a problem even with that vest, unless your long range shooting.

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Well... What else could they possibly give to us? Fingers crossed for ULCV's. But it's probably something else, maybe a teaser of the expansion, given this is the last official DLC.

maybe some CQB weapons, why not a CZ61 skorpion old version? will give a more soul to the game.........

I presume, that wider scope refers to it being well... an Expansion Pack, just distributed the same way as the DLC's. Which is good i guess. I can see it happening again though, thread after thread complaining about not being able to access the new Terrain, and vehicles. Maybe not so much Weapons, they should get over that after the Marksman DLC. There really is no reason not to get the Expansion though. From what i've heard, it's an ambitious project, and it aught to be good.
Correct, and truthbetold "Expansion Packs" are the original DLC. :lol: As for "thread after thread complaining about not being able to access the new Terrain, and vehicles", I imagine that you mean in the pre-release dev branch testing, which BI chalked up (again) to Steam being not set up for DLC pre-release by default.
maybe some CQB weapons, why not a CZ61 skorpion old version? will give a more soul to the game.........
So it can basically serve the role of the StG44 in COD4? Because that's what BI considered doing with the Dragunov before giving the Mk14 that role. ;)

Or maybe even better versions of existing guns. Railed SDAR, or maybe something like what you said. CZ-805 Bren? Civilian guns? Idk, honestly, i doubt it's more content, it's got to be something else. I just hope it's something really really cool. Or maybe it's just the new server browser overhaul that not many people even heard of.

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Well... What else could they possibly give to us? Fingers crossed for ULCV's. But it's probably something else, maybe a teaser of the expansion, given this is the last official DLC.

Well i' m not really worrying for myself, we never use the vanilla body armors anyway, but rather for what Arma (and has already for a large part) is becoming.

See what you are describing about using the sniper or designated marksman rifles for CQB to defeat the body armors? This is EXACTLY what i' m describing. OFP, ARMA1, 2 were some of those very few games where Assault rifles actually hurt people, so that you wouldn' t see everybody running around with m82s or bolt action rifles with reddot sights on top in cqb because the other weapons were pea shooters.

Apparently this is what Arma3 vanilla has become.

Well i' m not really worrying for myself, we never use the vanilla body armors anyway, but rather for what Arma (and has already for a large part) is becoming.

See what you are describing about using the sniper or designated marksman rifles for CQB to defeat the body armors? This is EXACTLY what i' m describing. OFP, ARMA1, 2 were some of those very few games where Assault rifles actually hurt people, so that you wouldn' t see everybody running around with m82s or bolt action rifles with reddot sights on top in cqb because the other weapons were pea shooters.

Apparently this is what Arma3 vanilla has become.

Ultimately, i blame DayZ and it's mainstream followers. The ONLY thing people use are sniper rifles. Example? M-107, and AS-50. These are the new Assault Rifles that became once DayZ became popular, an that trend carries out through the series, as it is basically the same Engine, and it's what those that played the game, are Familiar with. In fact, i was playing Epoch earlier, and it appears that everyone carries an M-107 (or similar) in their Backpack. Imagine if BIS gave all the enemies sniper rifles. We'd never finish a single campaign. Idk where i'm going with this anymore so erm... back on Topic.

Is it just me, or is anyone else's Arma 3 Updating right now.

I agree with you about the causes. BIS should really make the game with the old school playerbase following them since OFP in mind first and stop making the game FOR the KOTH, Altis Life, Wasteland, Battle Royale, whatever playerbase which is really the COD/BF player base but well there is the market law and this subject had been debated a million times by other people so i' ll stop there, but i' ve just had to say it too because at some point this is gonna have to stop.

Or maybe it's just the new server browser overhaul that not many people even heard of.
I'm guessing that this may be it simply because it's been there for a while but BI's been awfully quiet about it.

I agree with you about the causes. BIS should really make the game with the old school playerbase following them since OFP in mind first and stop making the game FOR the KOTH, Altis Life, Wasteland, Battle Royale, whatever playerbase which is really the COD/BF player base but well there is the market law and this subject had been debated a million times by other people so i' ll stop there, but i' ve just had to say it too because at some point this is gonna have to stop.

yeah. I mean, as long as they try to stick to realistic as close as possible, they're on the right path, and they do for the most part, try to keep it realistic, even in their campaign. So hopefully, things will remain "realistic" to proportional extents. Not going to call it a sim anymore, i used to, even though it does simulate a few things here and there. I'm wholeheartedly grateful that it's not another Arcade style shooter. Only Arma can do what it does, and it does it well.

A boxed version of Arma 3 is sold at many of the major high-street retailers.
~Marksman Release Notes

Shocked!!

Bi you've really gone big time now - Ive never seen anything but Sid Meir, COD, BF and Barbie Dress Up Farm Dolls at any store. Then again, I shop at Target.

Srsly tho -congrats!

For the record marksman rifles and do-everything soldier have been around since forever, and in public servers where no weapon control was enforced everybody played with whatever they wanted, which usually meant the biggest/most powerful gun, which was in turn a DMR or sniper rifle.

I liked to blast takistanis with the FAL, others liked the Mk17 with thermals.

I don't understand how this is Arma or BI's fault, or how can this be considered a game issue.

For the record marksman rifles and do-everything soldier have been around since forever, and in public servers where no weapon control was enforced everybody played with whatever they wanted, which usually meant the biggest/most powerful gun, which was in turn a DMR or sniper rifle.

I don't understand how this is Arma or BI's fault, or how can this be considered a game issue.

Are you kidding me? You must not have picked up the PMC DLC. AA-12 with Demolition rounds. I kinda wish they would add something like that again, yet, no one ever used it. The Kriss Vector actually has the Capacity to have Incendiary .45 ACP, that'd be a nice replacement for the AA-12.

Sure, but at the time 1-2, maximum 3 shots with an assault rifle to the torso killed somebody, now that they' ve became pea shooters, they' re absolutely useless in vanilla.

Now that i think about it, in the previous games there was no inertia or anything like that, people had no penalty for taking the biggest baddest handcannon in town. (except not fitting through doors).

Now that there is, if they had kept the damage in the same vein as it was in Arma2 the logical go to weapon choice for default/general use for players would have been assault rifles, by that i mean that most players would' ve naturally chosen assault rifles since just taking the biggest gun for everything wasn' t gonna work that well anymore, but since with the Arma3 damage they' re pea shooters they' re of absolutely no use.

I' ll call that a missed opportunity by Bis.

Now that i think about it, in the previous games there was no inertia or anything like that, people had no penalty for taking the biggest baddest handcannon in town.

Wrong. Arma 2 ha a system where the bigger the weapon, the more your sights stayed unaligned. Pick up an M-4, and aim around in third person. Notice the middle dot, representing true aim, steadies fast. Now pick up your almighty M-107, and look left, to right. Notice that not only does the Barrel take longer to face the same direction your facing, but your true aim cross-hair also does the same. You will find that the middle cross-hair lags behind a bit, due to the more heaviness of the rifle, thus making it so that if you were in a CQB situation, you can't just SNAP around and instantly have your cross-hair on someone's head, but rather, you could be looking at them when you snapped around, but your barrel is pointing off to the side before it slowly lines up with where your aiming. In Arma 3, this feature was sort of reversed, but for good reason, and it's about 1000000000000 times better. You look left, your Barrel leads to the left, but then steadies back to where your aiming, depending on the weight of the rifle. It's a major improvement.

Are you kidding me? You must not have picked up the PMC DLC. AA-12 with Demolition rounds. I kinda wish they would add something like that again, yet, no one ever used it. The Kriss Vector actually has the Capacity to have Incendiary .45 ACP, that'd be a nice replacement for the AA-12.

True, but it didn't have the thermal 200x gps rangefinder deluxe scope on it. :D

As for the pea shooters, that may be true, but then again the enemy has body armor and helmets like you.

The only unreasonably hard to kill unit is CSAT imho, but then again, i wouldn't use CSAT in my missions anyway.

Well, they all have DLC icon's next to the in game, unless of course it's just place holder and as you said, not meant to be DLC content.

Appears the icons are an error, at least the adverts don't pop up when actually using the vests in game (e.g. infantry Showcase), must have snuck in.

I think those icons are placed correctly. It's only an indicator which shows that those vests were content of the Marksmen DLC. Whether or not you can use those without restrictions, has nothing to do with the icon.

Wrong. Arma 2 ha a system where the bigger the weapon, the more your sights stayed unaligned. Pick up an M-4, and aim around in third person. Notice the middle dot, representing true aim, steadies fast. Now pick up your almighty M-107, and look left, to right. Notice that not only does the Barrel take longer to face the same direction your facing, but your true aim cross-hair also does the same. You will find that the middle cross-hair lags behind a bit, due to the more heaviness of the rifle, thus making it so that if you were in a CQB situation, you can't just SNAP around and instantly have your cross-hair on someone's head, but rather, you could be looking at them when you snapped around, but your barrel is pointing off to the side before it slowly lines up with where your aiming. In Arma 3, this feature was sort of reversed, but for good reason, and it's about 1000000000000 times better. You look left, your Barrel leads to the left, but then steadies back to where your aiming, depending on the weight of the rifle. It's a major improvement.

Heheh, i remembered that, and after i posted i thought about adding "or very little ones" to my sentence on this subject but decided to let it go. Still, the effect was very subtle and deffinitely not a big detterent against using huge guns for everything, so i stand by my point.

As for the pea shooters, that may be true, but then again the enemy has body armor and helmets like you.

Of course, but the values in general seem a bit high, or they put into perspective the lack of a proper wounding system.

I think those icons are placed correctly. It's only an indicator which shows that those vests were content of the Marksmen DLC. Whether or not you can use those without restrictions, has nothing to do with the icon.

Yes, this is the correct interpretation :)

when adding the ability to use trucks and trailers ?

My hopings are for the "addon".

Earlier would be nice.

My hopings are for the "addon".

Earlier would be nice.

Errr what's all this then?