Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

It looks like to me like you were reading way more into "incapacitation and revival" than what it literally states -- I find them part and parcel of each other -- and but the "building on this work" was simply for eventually making engine-supported dynamic group management/revive/task-assigning systems, in the way that sling-loading/firing from vehicles/resting/deployment are all now.

This. In Arma though, rewarding is more along the lines of experience of accomplishing the missions, other than getting something for it. For example, people lone wolf and get ton of kills. What ever. However, you take a group, that goes out, coordinates an attack, executes the attack, completely wipes the enemy off their feet, an then they return to base before the enemy could even effectively fight back. That's more rewarding in some peoples minds, and in others, not so much. Arma is best experienced with great team-play, and i think that's what's missing essentially from a lot of game modes.
But notice how I didn't talk about rewards beyond mission success? ;) I would add that one of the keys in TvT is whether an organized group of proficient individual players forms enough of a proportion of their overall team... because it's rather disheartening being the only person (or squad/group) that tries to push the objective in a match that's otherwise full of "here for the fighting, not for the winning" (which is not​ the same as lone-wolfing).

Then again, even in stuff like I&A, you can think of how an entire squad of infantry are more proficient but less or nigh relevant in transit than the incompetent helicopter pilot who's supposed to get them to the AO...

Looks like some form of parallax is being worked on, at least for some sights like the MRCO. From the latest Dev Branch update: "Changed: Collimators have been changed to a new technology."

Not exactly descriptive, but someone had the good idea to post a video on YouTube. Link is here ->

---------- Post added at 01:56 ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 ----------

EDIT: I don't actually know if they are really working on parallax, it just looks like they are. I have no idea what the heck they are doing :P the hype train is unavoidable

Edited by Gutsnav

You missed a colon symbol in your link... also, that "someone​" is none other than pettka!

I think the reason why they are so popular is because they don't require any sort of organization or experience to enjoy.

This is pretty much the sole reason. The common pubber is not going to be patient enough to wait the necessary time to organise squads and conduct planning of a mission let alone wait for reconnaissance to be undertaken. All one can do to try and change that is point them in the direction of 'Clan' group videos such as ShackTac and 15thMEU etc and then see if they're keen.

i hope in some TVT mode funny now the mp part of A3 doesn't exist

It looks like to me like you were reading way more into "incapacitation and revival" than what it literally states -- I find them part and parcel of each other -- and but the "building on this work" was simply for eventually making engine-supported dynamic group management/revive/task-assigning systems, in the way that sling-loading/firing from vehicles/resting/deployment are all now.

Hope dies last. :p

This is pretty much the sole reason. The common pubber is not going to be patient enough to wait the necessary time to organise squads and conduct planning of a mission let alone wait for reconnaissance to be undertaken. All one can do to try and change that is point them in the direction of 'Clan' group videos such as ShackTac and 15thMEU etc and then see if they're keen.

Or you can do what i do. Occasionally, i will jump into random Wasteland servers. Typically, everyone is either scattered around, or bunched up with nothing to do, or getting slaughtered. Lol, when they're not getting slaughtered, they're pretty bored. So what i do, is i go scouting for enemy locations. I find a prime target, usually a full house of enemies, and i keep eyes on, see what they have, where they're located. Then i'll break coms, and tell the entire team what i'm seeing. usually, if you have enough good players on, they'll round up the others and it creates this force that is now heading to the enemy i've spotted to take them on. It then either ends up with them getting slaughtered, or actually capturing the base.

I've actually come to find that most times, if your're willing to lead them, then they will follow you. And if you lead them well, you end up becoming MVT (Most Valuable Team).

Hope dies last. :p
Hope, or willful misreading? Because it sure looked like the latter to the point of willfully misleading gibonez.

that IR Sight seems to be magically attached to the rifle lol

They should probably change that before one of the big game magazines notice that.

Lol, well then. That IR pointer is pulling off a bit of magic i'd say.

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

They did it again!!! Look at the CSAT Urban in this picture.

http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/arma3_marksmen_overview.png

Notice it's an Asian again. BIS stttaaaahhhhhhp.

Is the camouflage pattern of the sniper of the right new?

I wish BI would release trailers with their DLC release date announcements (for more hype maybe), instead of the actual release date when everyone can play it.

I wish BI would release trailers with their DLC release date announcements (for more hype maybe), instead of the actual release date when everyone can play it.

They will when they're ready, like the Heli DLC one. Until then, you can check out the Community made one above that Zukov posted.

They will when they're ready, like the Heli DLC one. Until then, you can check out the Community made one above that Zukov posted.

Meh, community made trailers for Arma 3 just don't cut it for me...Dslyecxi and BI make the best trailers. They're short, sharp and get to the point, plus they're official.

and three new heavy and grenadier vests designed specifically for improved explosive shielding and ballistic protection.

Gee, thank you Bohemia Interactive! It is obvious that the fact that the soldiers in Arma3 wouldn' t take enough shots to go down was one of the main problems of the game, i' m glad to see you guys fixing this!

:butbut: Good thing i never play without AGM anymore...

Gee, thank you Bohemia Interactive! It is obvious that the fact that the soldiers in Arma3 wouldn' t take enough shots to go down was one of the main problems of the game, i' m glad to see you guys fixing this!

:butbut: Good thing i never play without AGM anymore...

Don't worry ,not everyone will be wearing it. Only Grenadier's and Marksman that own the DLC. Also, the heavier Rifles included in the DLC shouldn't have a problem even with that vest, unless your long range shooting.

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Well... What else could they possibly give to us? Fingers crossed for ULCV's. But it's probably something else, maybe a teaser of the expansion, given this is the last official DLC.