Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

All I want for a dev to "reveal" the specs for the Huron. But only for:

-Number of passenger seats.

-Availability of a loadmaster's door down the center of the floor in the hull in case one's instruments are disabled.

-Availability of a rear crew member's standing position just before the rear ramp.

And by reveal, I mean to just clarify. If they could that is.

@ Nullrick: I'm wondering if the modeled avionics (read: the PiP screen that may or may not show the "underslung cargo" view) can even be damaged to the point of inoperability in the vanilla damage simulation, because if not (that is, if the PiP screen will function in all cases so long as the engine is on) then wouldn't said loadmaster be unneeded? I ask this since you seem to be implying that the loadmaster's role would be to guide the pilot onto the cargo when such a PiP screen isn't available -- a valid concern for helos that don't have one to begin with -- but if the Huron cockpit is simulated only to the extent that the existing vanilla helos are then I don't believe that that'd ever be the case.

Also, what'd be the gameplay role for said "rear crew member's standing position just before the rear ramp"?

All I want for a dev to "reveal" the specs for the Huron. But only for:

-Availability of a loadmaster's door down the center of the floor in the hull in case one's instruments are disabled.

-Availability of a rear crew member's standing position just before the rear ramp.

And by reveal, I mean to just clarify. If they could that is.

On the live stream last night Jay crowe said they are looking at making the rear of the huron a firing position but right now it is just theory.

I hope I am wrong, but my guess is 8. If you look at the screenshot, the OPFOR passenger module has 8 seats too. I dearly hope I am wrong, there is a definite need for choppers with more than 8 seats. You can't even insert a full squad with one Ghost Hawk, the team leader always has to walk.

It's completely useless for carrying troops with 8 seats, the Mi-48 and Ka 60 can do the same or better.

It means that this main purpose is to carry heavy loads and may be use as a "gunship".

It'll just stay at CSAT. Which stands for Canton-Protocol Strategic Alliance Treaty. Certain countries in the eastern hemisphere consolidated and joined together in a large military offensive. At least their uniform color scheme is different. And since that's the case, their primary weapons will stay the same across the board. Everything gets standardized within an army.

It's an alliance, like NATO. It doesn't mean they all use the same weapons. Although I'm sure BIS will use 'standardization' to justify another CSAT faction using some of the same equipment as the Iranians, if they released a DLC or expansion with a Chinese faction that didn't have their own rifle, there would be a shitstorm of complaints. More than the usual level of complaining. Most other things will probably just be reskinned, but at the very least I would expect a new rifle.

I hope I am wrong, but my guess is 8. If you look at the screenshot, the OPFOR passenger module has 8 seats too. I dearly hope I am wrong, there is a definite need for choppers with more than 8 seats. You can't even insert a full squad with one Ghost Hawk, the team leader always has to walk.

I'll go with 16, considering the chinook in A2 had seats for like 20 passengers or so plus crew.

It's an alliance, like NATO. It doesn't mean they all use the same weapons. Although I'm sure BIS will use 'standardization' to justify another CSAT faction using some of the same equipment as the Iranians, if they released a DLC or expansion with a Chinese faction that didn't have their own rifle, there would be a shitstorm of complaints. More than the usual level of complaining. Most other things will probably just be reskinned, but at the very least I would expect a new rifle.

Rifle and pistol, with respective attachments. Anyhow, what would be nice, is a Taru in CSAT Urban scheme. I like how simply putting the right gear on with the Urban Fatigues make it look so much better.

ì'm glad that Bis works on MP side this days i hope that will develop a good MP mode

It's completely useless for carrying troops with 8 seats, the Mi-48 and Ka 60 can do the same or better.

It means that this main purpose is to carry heavy loads and may be use as a "gunship".

That will be only the Spec op one, it will have another pod for "normal" troop transport.

The mission pods available are: regular closed passenger transport, special-purpose passenger benches, fuel, ammunition, repairs, medevac and cargo.

That will be only the Spec op one, it will have another pod for "normal" troop transport.

So long as this "normal" transport pod has more than 8 seats, preferably 16+, than I'm happy.

Pretty much what I was thinking -- it sounds like the idea of the pods is a trade-off between protection and hopefully capacity versus FFV from all eight bench seats.

EDIT: Also, the fact that the Taru has no vehicle weapons at all, whereas the Huron at least has a side-Minigunner variant, so it may turn out that the 'fast insertion' open pod is actually the only armed Taru option.

Edited by Chortles

so much anxiety for to know how many seats in heli , when almost all time in game you have a low number of players:D

so much anxiety for to know how many seats in heli , when almost all time in game you have a low number of players:D

Uhm in my games helos are always full :rolleyes: In fact some AI even go walking.

Not everyone is playing MP, you know? :-)

So long as this "normal" transport pod has more than 8 seats, preferably 16+, than I'm happy.

These things could be equipped with big parachutes?

I really like the look of the new Massive Supply crates. They look perfect.

Has a new picture been released or are those in one of the existing ones?

There's already a container-bearing HEMTT Box in dev branch (which the Ghosthawk cannot lift), though I didn't see a container Tempest, there's only <campaign spoiler> and the Transport (covered and uncovered) versions of both the Tempest and the Zamak; both of the HEMTTs you see in that screenshot are already in the game (at least on dev branch).

There's already a container-bearing HEMTT Box in dev branch (which the Ghosthawk cannot lift), though I didn't see a container Tempest, there's only <campaign spoiler> and the Transport (covered and uncovered) versions of both the Tempest and the Zamak; both of the HEMTTs you see in that screenshot are already in the game (at least on dev branch).

yes but the upcoming logistic scenario /game mod /playable contents seems in that way

"container-bearing HEMTT Box" where is?

yes but the upcoming logistic scenario /game mod /playable contents seems in that way

"container-bearing HEMTT Box" where is?

It's called HEMMT Box, under the cars section of NATO.

Has a new picture been released or are those in one of the existing ones?

existing photo with the Huron and UGV to the rear of it.

There is no reference to walking in/on vehicles nor driving vehicles in other vehicles, most likely it's just scripted to look like it.