Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

In the last sitrep, they said we can now pick the optics from guns on the ground - no longer need to pick it up.

But I didn't manage to do it. Did anyone succeed to do it?

Fixed: Weapon Deployment - players were able to 'rappel' down buildings by deploying their weapon

Damn, I would have loved to see that. Those sneaky, genius bastards. ;)

Damn, I would have loved to see that. Those sneaky, genius bastards. ;)

Unfortunately, it wasn't exactly super slick. It was more, teleport to the bottom floor than a magic rope taking them slowly down to the bottom floor with epic animations. =P

I was hoping they would just crawl down the side of the house. :)

There's never been a better time to play games on PC. Gaming-capable hardware is inexpensive, digital distribution has given us unprecedented access to a huge range of games, and publishers have finally recognized that reports of its demise as a viable platform were ludicrously exaggerated. And soon the PC will have its own celebratory event during E3 week, with the first-ever PC Gaming Show, presented by AMD and put together by, well, us.

"The PC Gaming Show embodies the spirit of innovation, openness and community that's part of our DNA—delivered by gamers, for gamers," AMD Corporate Vice President and General Manager of Computing and Graphics Matt Skynner said. "The time is right for a PC-focused event in the week of E3 and we're honored to be part of bringing the industry together."

Hosted by Sean "Day[9]" Plott, the PC Gaming Show at E3 will feature appearances by Dean Hall of DayZ fame, Cliff Bleszinski of Boss Key Productions, and developers from studios including Blizzard, Bohemia Interactive, Cloud Imperium Games, Tripwire Interactive, Square Enix, Obsidian, Paradox, Devolver Digital and the Humble Bundlers, with more to be announced.

"We’re living in a golden age of PC gaming, but unlike other platforms the PC has no format holder, no marketing department, and—until now—no event during E3 week purely devoted to it," added Tim Clark, global editor-in-chief at PC Gamer. "We think a show like this, which brings together people from every corner of PC gaming to celebrate the exciting things happening, is long overdue. We hope you’ll join us, in person or on stream, to be part of it."

The PC Gaming Show will take place on June 16 at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles, and will of course be livestreamed on Twitch. Find out more at PCGamingShow.com.

http://www.pcgamer.com/amd-and-pc-gamer-bring-the-pc-gaming-show-to-e3/

There's never been a better time to play games on PC. Gaming-capable hardware is inexpensive, digital distribution has given us unprecedented access to a huge range of games, and publishers have finally recognized that reports of its demise as a viable platform were ludicrously exaggerated. And soon the PC will have its own celebratory event during E3 week, with the first-ever PC Gaming Show, presented by AMD and put together by, well, us.

"The PC Gaming Show embodies the spirit of innovation, openness and community that's part of our DNA—delivered by gamers, for gamers," AMD Corporate Vice President and General Manager of Computing and Graphics Matt Skynner said. "The time is right for a PC-focused event in the week of E3 and we're honored to be part of bringing the industry together."

Hosted by Sean "Day[9]" Plott, the PC Gaming Show at E3 will feature appearances by Dean Hall of DayZ fame, Cliff Bleszinski of Boss Key Productions, and developers from studios including Blizzard, Bohemia Interactive, Cloud Imperium Games, Tripwire Interactive, Square Enix, Obsidian, Paradox, Devolver Digital and the Humble Bundlers, with more to be announced.

"We’re living in a golden age of PC gaming, but unlike other platforms the PC has no format holder, no marketing department, and—until now—no event during E3 week purely devoted to it," added Tim Clark, global editor-in-chief at PC Gamer. "We think a show like this, which brings together people from every corner of PC gaming to celebrate the exciting things happening, is long overdue. We hope you’ll join us, in person or on stream, to be part of it."

The PC Gaming Show will take place on June 16 at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles, and will of course be livestreamed on Twitch. Find out more at PCGamingShow.com.

http://www.pcgamer.com/amd-and-pc-gamer-bring-the-pc-gaming-show-to-e3/

I can't describe how much excited i am since i read about this.All major Pc players (gaming and harware developers) will be there.I expecting big things from E3 as a whole,it will be the best and most memorable of all years!

Interesting, I wonder if Bohemia has anything to reveal at the PC Gaming Show besides​ the Arma 3 Expansion?

I can't describe how much excited i am since i read about this.All major Pc players (gaming and harware developers) will be there.I expecting big things from E3 as a whole,it will be the best and most memorable of all years!

E3 is nothing but marketing and that is all I expect. Grand words don't mean anything. It's just like a carshow except for games.

"There has never been..." You could throw that sentence out there every year. Regardless of field or topic.

At the very least, I hope to see some awesome stuff from Bohemia.

When is E3?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=When+is+E3%3F :icon_twisted: June 16-18, 2015

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=When+is+E3%3F

:icon_twisted: June 16-18, 2015

Would you believe me if i said i googled it after i asked here? XD

Well, at least it's on the forums so now no one else has to ask. Aside from the date, as stated above me, what to expect from BI at E3? (Yes, i googled that too, got nothing. XD)

There is a code of silence at the moment :p but soon (probely around E3) there should be shining a light with teasers untill the "big announcement"(probely some expansion details).

Best thing to do is keep track of twitter, the devs always like to tease as soon as the time comes close to huge updates ;)

Must admit:.alot of respect for BI devs working on the expansion, and who knows what else, not a single screenshot or big detail has leaked out yet and personaly that expansion could give them some much pleasure in teasing us all, but still they keep the "code of silence" (must be the peanutbutter bribe :p).

This pretty much describes how I feel atm:

Very excited!

There is a code of silence at the moment :p but soon (probely around E3) there should be shining a light with teasers untill the "big announcement"(probely some expansion details).
This is going to be... hmm. Thing is, at the moment the "big announcement" would probably have to be a reveal of a new title to be surprising, considering that by now elaboration on the Expansion is expected, whereas both DayZ and Take On Mars don't seem to have any DLCs on the horizon. As such, other than Expansion details -- maybe the terrain reveal?* -- and maybe some new assets inspired by devs' attendance of IDET 2015, I admittedly expect vague generalities in line with the by-now-notorious "no promises", because in addition to two-years-ago's infamous "axed features" thread Bohemia devs have an outside example of what can go wrong when you promise too much and too specific...

* Considering that Bohemia's only recently taken down their Careers page for a 3D artist producing buildings/other structures for the Expansion I'm guessing that they only recently filled that, therefore I expect that we'll see a WIP with the only major revelation being the much-speculated-about terrain type.

All an expansion needs is a new island and new faction or factions together with their new weapons

All an expansion needs is a new island and new faction or factions together with their new weapons

And a campaign IMHO

I imagine that those would be revealed at E3, but otherwise I don't have a clue what else Bohemia Interactive might reveal besides Arma 3 Expansion-related content.

And a campaign IMHO

I doubt there will be a campaign (just a feeling). :j:

I doubt there will be a campaign (just a feeling). :j:

There has to be. Why would someone make an expansion for a game, with whole new factions and weaponry, and features, without a story line? I suppose a new continent and Nationality came from nowhere, yeah? =P

Plus the cliff hanger... BI would never leave people hanging like that. Though, i suspect it may be done the same way as for ArmA 3, first episode later down the line.

Yeah, maybe (Episodes). :)

But you don't have to have a campaign to have a storyline. :p Some SP missions and website information will do. :D

Naah - I really hope there will be one! Looking forward to it! :)

Yeah, maybe (Episodes). :)

But you don't have to have a campaign to have a storyline. :p Some SP missions and website information will do. :D

Naah - I really hope there will be one! Looking forward to it! :)

Awe, but it's just not the same as being in it. Playing as one of the characters to find out what happens.

Well BIS already said that the expansion will be like A2 OA just it won't be standalone

so i expect to see the campaign + i would like to see the the original A3 mission design which was scrapped in later A3 development

even some rpg elemets to it , like talking to people etc

i hope they will at least say what kind of island will be used in the expansion

Edited by RobertHammer