Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Then go back to BF and leave us guy's that actually like all the Arma series to get on with it, god I'm sick of people complaining, try helping instead, (IT'S A GAME).

There, I said it, Feel so much better now

i payed this game like you, and i want it finished and fixed in my hard drive

i payed this game like you, and i want it finished and fixed in my hard drive

Trust me, It might take some time but your going to love this game, BI may start with many bug's etc but they do deliver in the end, this is Arma and they way it is done.

but there arent many bugs, we are playing various missions for few days, only some of us geting crashes from time to time. Everyone says it works fluent, we had not any game breaking bugs. Really enjoyable experience. Do 6 of have a reason to complain? No at all. Are we perhaps ill? Nop. Maybe people should calm a bit down? I say they could try at least...

but there aren't many bugs, we are playing various missions for few days, only some of us getting crashes from time to time. Everyone says it works fluent, we had not any game breaking bugs. Really enjoyable experience. Do 6 of have a reason to complain? No at all. Are we perhaps ill? Nope. Maybe people should calm a bit down? I say they could try at least...

I can honestly say I've never had a crash with Arma3 yet, the little thing's like walking next to a wall and end up going through it or getting stuck and some animation's when switching weapon's, simple stuff that will get fixed one day... :)

What we need is for Modders to create all of VBS's wonderful feature in Arma 3 and then BIS to include that in the full game.

Thats not how it works...if that were the case then we'd have things such as tank FCS, fast roping, and tons more.

Heck, what about the mods that are based on other IP:

To say nothing of the manufacturers of all the military equipment we've been building. Last thing I want is a notice from Boeing.

To say nothing of the manufacturers of all the military equipment we've been building. Last thing I want is a notice from Boeing.

Oh geez, just realized that too.

I fear there might be a large IP shitstorm incoming if people start to monetize on addons. Imagine if you suddenly get a not so nice letter from EADS just because you made a Eurofighter Addon...

The only good solutions I see are:

A clearly visible DONATE buttom in the Workshop, maybe even a Steam system to transfer Steam Money

Rewards by BIS for High Quality/often downloaded content (ACE/ACRE/Islands and so on) This could be integratet in the annual community voting of the best mods.

If I suddenly have to pay for Addons (I have no problem donating to good ones) then I will feel cheated by BIS. One excuse for Arma 3s lack of content was that the community will be making enough stuff to keep me busy for years.

yes, i wonder who in "healthy" mind, came to such idea, to make us pay for user addons? Absolutely no problem for DONATE button here too, as long you're not REQUIRED to donate first for downloadoading.

What if modders do what BIS(and many other game developers) does and rename vehicles/weapons to something fictional. All vehicles and weapons in A3 are pretty much IRL equivalents with different names. (E.g Vector>Vermin SMG,Scorpion Evo>Sting, Kamaz>Zamak)

Personally, I don't think that users paying money for each separate addon would work, it would definitely split the community and it's hard enough finding servers with the addons you want.

If BIS were to release a DLC every 6-12 months that consists of several addons(weapons,vehicles,units) along with a lite version, that would have been a better alternative.

Or BIS could hire modmakers to create content that will be included in the game for free, and they would pay them royalties for the following sales.

Edited by NMDANNY

What if modders do what BIS(and many other game developers) does and rename vehicles/weapons to something fictional. All vehicles and weapons in A3 are pretty much IRL equivalents with different names. (E.g Vector>Vermin SMG,Scorpion Evo>Sting, Kamaz>Zamak)
I hope not, because I'm hoping for a Mod to change the current fictional names to the real ones.

Yay!

And then we would only be getting mods with fictional names because some people can´t resist the temptation to make money, that would be BS!

Yes the AH-98 Stalker sounds less appealing to be honest..

I am rather curious as to how ED's method works with third party since they are using the actual names, perhaps ED gets royalties and pays for them to have a license to use the name, essentially sanctioning them?

Whiiiich we probably won't be seeing from BI if such were the case...donation seems kind of good since the user is not forced to pay and to a degree it discourages people from losing communication for the sake of "trade secrets" and the free exchange of content donations be it script, model, texture, whatever isn't a problem.

Case and point, say person A comes to person B, person A has little experience modding but loves what person B has done, so they ask if they could use it for a mod and as a reference. In the current climate person B is very likely to agree, its an opportunity to spread knowledge and usher in new blood... Buuuut if a market is in place then person B is far less likely to share, and at best saying yes as long as they share revenue. if person A sells person B's mod as their experiment then person B is going to be pissed and that action will sow distrust.

What about collaborations of mods formed of various addons donated by various people? Or addons at their core..say the first party creates the majority of scripts, model and texture but a third party assists with sounds and a few scripts that change the dynamics, they need to split that revenue somehow otherwise it's a bit dishonest.

Forcing people to pay for things like the FSX community (which again works for them because it is single player) would just cause various types of damage, not to mention it would discourage new blood greatly.

Whereas if people are allowed to pay whatever they want then more people win..not everyone, but its a far better option.

Furthermore, right now thievery is more of a "aw crap", if someone takes your addon and hosts it elsewhere, or you see your addon exported to another game it's not entirerly harmful. But if you have that addon for sale and see it exported then it's going to cause some issues, not to mention other people hosting your addon is going to be a literal offense.

Edited by NodUnit

I agree that monetizing mods will create more problems than it solves. Part of the reason I bought the supporters edition was so that I wouldn't have the same experience buying Arma 3 that I had buying Arma 2 (ie. buying it on release, then basically having to wait and buy OA before the game was truly playable, then having to shell out for the other expansions, and even then I did not get to play any of the content for PMC or Czech DLC purely because it didn't seem to justify the price, particularly when Day Z was free. Imagine if Day Z had been pay2play, it would never have taken off like it did. There is a lesson there for BI for sure.

I think at the least BI should conduct a poll and see what the community thinks. I wish they would do that before making other design decisions to be honest...

I think at the least BI should conduct a poll and see what the community thinks. I wish they would do that before making other design decisions to be honest...

Looking at the politicians people vote in I think design decisions are best left to the people that actually own the company! There are lots of opinions here but seeing there are few facts and I am not sure that there are any appropriate lawyers chiming in I'm not going to bother worrying about it. Especially as it isn't any of my business how they conduct their business. I only bought the game.

If you are an addon creator or enjoy the works of others then it becomes your business.

If you are an addon creator or enjoy the works of others then it becomes your business.

Affected by and have an interest in sure but it is their business. Unless you bough shares in the company.

haha, now that's funny :)

I remember a poll about going with steam that was voted pretty much 66% flat out against it. And we all know how that played out :( .

I think it is pointless voting on anything that is only a broad line of an objective. Maybe it can be more useful measuring the community's standing when we have an idea from start to finnish.

maybe is better, if BIS fixes an finishes this game when, what, with some formal communications to their customers, i write a dozen lists in particular on the vehicles, i don't like pray all days for the recoil on the T100 or something like that

maybe is better, if BIS fixes an finishes this game when, what, with some formal communications to their customers, i write a dozen lists in particular on the vehicles, i don't like pray all days for the recoil on the T100 or something like that

Like you were something special, and BIS should read every of your posts? Ever heard of feedback tracker? Why do i not see any tickets in ur signature? Maybe you stop spam, and do something useful instead?

Like you were something special, and BIS should read every of your posts? Ever heard of feedback tracker? Why do i not see any tickets in ur signature? Maybe you stop spam, and do something useful instead?

Ever heard of feedback tracker? yes but almost all aren't bugs are placeholders ;)

Ever heard of feedback tracker? yes but almost all aren't bugs are placeholders ;)

what?

Alright, i think i'll place you into my ignore list, buddy.

what?

Alright, i think i'll place you into my ignore list, buddy.

don't get upset, maybe some critics to BIS are good

Edited by Zukov

IDK, seems like they'd at least give the AAF the same camo that's on their vehicles, or something. Just seems weird that the AAF (what I assume was going to be the HAF before the whole Greek fiasco last year) would see a texture change (albeit, a slight change) from their planned camo to the current one that's Russian. I mean, I just noticed that originally they had a modified version of the one they have now (with the dark green color being a blue-ish, purple-ish color that I guess is supposed to be black).

possibly the aaf were originally going to be russians.