Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Still much better than the cutout hole optic, already growing on me.

The reflection seems strong in that picture but it wasn't so in the stream, the reflection seemed to vary a lot and wasn't all that strong in most cases..though it could have been something else so who knows.

May not be RO but its a damn sight nicer and now people will have a good reason to make the weapons detailed close up.

Simple: they didn't.
Don't get me wrong I really like them, seems like the optical effect is so well made that I didn't realize the outside area was zoomed to!

Yay!

The new 3D scopes look great, I just want to see what the transition between zoom optic and collimated backup is like.

Pretty much what Liquidpinky said -- heck, Medal of Honor: Warfighter actually 'animates' the "switching eye level between the optics" instead of simply instantaneous switch as is currently the case.

not long ago, or long? Devs said, they aren't doing 3D scopes, cause it will cause massive performance hit. What they did now, is zoomed picture with a scope in a center of it. So deal with it or not.

The new 3D scopes look great, I just want to see what the transition between zoom optic and collimated backup is like.

On the streaming it was instantaneous:

@16:30

With some blur to hide the zoomed background, it should be pretty good. I like it.

I think the outside vision don't need to be blurred, at least much, because our vision is already doing it. For the same reason I want the screen edge blur out of PP...

We can clearly see the Opfor urban camo. They seems to be equipped with the new CZ scorpion.

I thought that was the independent - Green(greek) side.

On the boat pic you can see OpFor camo variations.

Where in the world is this?

arma3_e32013_screenshot_08.jpg

Also, kinda curious why the OPFOR helmets are a different camo than that of the uniforms. Or for that matter, the vests. Seems kinda awkward to me on that boat there.

That's most likely a bigger church on Altis :) Quite a few of these screenshots are actually from Altis.

The soldiers on the boat are wearing a new urban camo scheme, made possible due to the customization feature

Wonder if the Beta will bring back the rain....

Wonder if the Beta will bring back the rain....
This. We want the rain back! :)

Btw: very nice screens.

The soldiers on the boat are wearing a new urban camo scheme, made possible due to the customization feature

I've never heard of camo customization, thought it was an optional uniform

I've never heard of camo customization, thought it was an optional uniform

I think thats what he means, the ability to customize your soldier or other soldiers with different uniforms that have different camo patterns.

From the released picture we can see Opfor also have a digital camo does that mean blufor will have an alternative camo?

Which was a very cool surprise. I did not expect such a feature to be included. Everything through scripts, I though.

Can't wait to see Altis tomorrow. I just hope they'll fly around Altis a bit with their new helicopters. Perhaps the Ghosthawk? ;)

I think thats what he means, the ability to customize your soldier or other soldiers with different uniforms that have different camo patterns.

It would be cool If you actually could set different camo patterns on 1 uniform instead of having each uniform 5x times, each with different camo.