Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Dynamo;2157315']using a video which is captured by a camera' date=' is no way to depict what is seen through an operators eyes. our eyes have this awesome ability to stabilize our view during movement. i have done some off roading as well as shooting on the move. what ever you are focused on is automatically stabilized by your eyes, if it wasn't for that road signs would be useless. i would love for BIS to make the player's camera view from vehicles untethered. it would make for a much more natural feeling in-game, and not the jarring blurry mess we have with ArmA2 and every other game out there. it's one of the main reasons why it's almost impossible to hit anything when on a moving vehicle. i have been in airsoft games with offroad vehicles, it is real easy to aim at targets on the move.[/quote']

So true, I used to race motocross and even though the tracks can be very rough you see just fine. Also in regards to road signs while driving, I was able to consistently hit passing roadsigns with a sling shot from the passenger seat of a car doing 80-100kmh, it's really easy actually.

I remember this twitter post from Gaia:

https://twitter.com/KarelMoricky/status/200850313140383744

True that he had the GUI hashtag in there, but seeing that the units in VBS 2 now have their ranks displayed on their bodies... it got my thinking that we might get something similar for A3. Long shot but heck...

Ok, it seems that i missed that point, so I stand corrected - holding your weapon that way is ok. But still, I hope that constantly holding your weapon in a ready to fire position like this will result in fatigue of our avatar's arms and greater muzzle sway (which we don't have in Arma 2, IIRC), like when you use ironsights/optics for too long in the previous games of the franchise, so you'll have to relax a bit by putting your weapon down (double tapping of left CTRL in Arma 2).

That would indeed be nice, and easy to implement.

(There is muzzle sway in A2 btw, try aiming after sprinting for a while ;) )

There is muzzle sway in A2 btw, try aiming after sprinting for a while ;)

Of course I know about fatigue after running, but there should be fatigue of your arms even if you are standing still, because if I would hold a 3 kg, half-meter long metal thing for, let's say, half an hour, my arms will start shaking for sure (well, even after half a minute, cos I'm no fit soldier).

Here is a new bonus screenshot from the Arma 3 Facebook page

I re-uploaded it so everyone can see it :)

Edited by PurePassion
dat stance!

You forgot the caption: "HOT NightParty on Limnos with guests from SpecTac HQ - performing the awesome entry dance!" :D

Then again it could be the XCR/ACR mystery rifle in 7.62 caliber due to the magazine width.

To me it looks like our mysterious rifle is using caseless ammo indeed - look at the magazine curvature, or lack thereof. It looks too short to be 7.62×51. And it would make sense to have an LMG and an assault rifle using same ammo.

To me it looks like our mysterious rifle is using caseless ammo indeed - look at the magazine curvature, or lack thereof. It looks too short to be 7.62×51. And it would make sense to have an LMG and an assault rifle using same ammo.

Now that I look better at it I think I can spot the holes present under the rail of the KAC LMG... it also look bulkier then the mystery rifle.

The rifle has similar holes too. And its magazine looked bit too straight in the lightning trailer :

The rifle has similar holes too. And its magazine looked bit too straight in the lightning trailer :

Yup it's the mystery rifle. The trigger guard is just as close to the magazine as it is in the video.

Hey, are they actually looking down the sights or that is just "the tactical stance" stuff?

Is that fire burning?

Anyway, really nice.

That new screenshot looks slick. I wonder if we will finally have decent CQB in ArmA? :D

Is that guy in the front leaning? Like leaning with proper weight distribution?

Is that guy in the front leaning? Like leaning with proper weight distribution?

Now that you mention it, yeah, it looks like a proper lean animation. Not the "angled upper torso" thing we have in Arma2. :D

Real leaning is great, but I wonder how they are going to prevent it from interfering with gameplay and controls. For example, currently you can walk around while leaning, toggle lean to sidestep around corners, use it to lower your point of aim under a railing or leaves, etc. It doesn't look right, but it's sure useful. If leaning makes your feet change position, we may have another case of awkward ArmA movement.

Indoors in Arma? Who ever heard of such a thing! But seriously it looks nice and hopefully the fact that they showed that will mean there will be a tighter focus on it..plenty of ease outdoors but indoors has been a grey dark grey zone for a long time now..

Though I do wonder what is going on with their shadows (the soldiers), they seem to have vanished, indoors also shows the inherent problems of lights not being able to cast shadows ...I wonder if these two things are coincidence, considering we have seen the shadows before.. Either way it is such a welcome sight to see lights finally having intensity and not killing normal and specular maps but rather complimenting them, and it does an excellent job of livening up the scene and setting more atmosphere.

Though I wonder what is causing all of that blue to illuminate the room so much opposed to the orange, given the light across the ground maybe an outside light? Though on that token, wonder why the fire is casting the same type of light as opposed to a wider, more circular glare across the floor. Oh well regardless, damned better of a sight than what we have in A2 currently, despite a lack of shadows I'd take it happily enough.

Oh yeah, thanks for the new screen, especially of something indoors and new animation!

Edited by NodUnit

Now if only we could get an official to comment on whether that is AI or not -if it is, AI leaning at doorway/window :yay:

Dat stance is awesome! I like the lighting. Sooooo

Are those AI?