Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Yeah, new info later this week!!!

Any word on what the new info will be about? Or are they going to surprise us?

New screenshot looks good. What I wonder is how smooth it will be to transition into that position and how competent the ai will be at using it. In arma 2 the ai definitely were able to lean but often it only really covered up a portion of there one leg, leaving the rest exposed. wonder if they will be more efficient with this new stance, and maybe even be able to peek in and out depending on incoming fire...

The screenshot also seems indicates that BI is taking CQB into consideration... YAY!!

I hope that pistol strapped to his leg is not just there for show!

does this week means tomorrow afternoon(CEST)?

This week means anything from right now to Sunday 11:59 :cool:

I love what i have seen so far. But i have seen too less.

If BIS praising the simple chemlights like hell, doing movies and screenshots + extra screenshots and telling its theyr favorite new feature i am afraid i might get disapointed.

Hope therses some more stuff then new units, physics, animations and chemlights + new lightsystem.

How bout shooting out of cars? walking in cars? Weapon Rest? AI improvements? Better Optic signs (RTT like Red orchestra or similar)

Real Craters? Destruction System? Flashbangs, CS Gas, Fire? Dynamic smoke?

IMO The truth about chemlights is that they will look nice, but hardly ever will be used. (maybe for makin fun)

Hope they are just so proud of the chemlights because they like it, not because its one of the biggest new features :)

Go BIS, you can make it! Lookin forward to E3

If BIS praising the simple chemlights like hell, doing movies and screenshots + extra screenshots and telling its theyr favorite new feature i am afraid i might get disapointed.

Hope therses some more stuff then new units, physics, animations and chemlights + new lightsystem.

How bout shooting out of cars? walking in cars? Weapon Rest? AI improvements? Better Optic signs (RTT like Red orchestra or similar)

IMO The truth about chemlights is that they will look nice, but hardly ever will be used. (maybe for makin fun)

Hope they are just so proud of the chemlights because they like it, not because its one of the biggest new features :)

I'd say most of the better, more anticipated features are being saved for E3,

this is a robbery, thank you for your cooperation ;)

Well Krazi, Physics alone... is a HUGE addition. This alone will solve (most likely) a ton of annoying engine oddities we know so far... And... well possibly more: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132956-Will-ARMA3-feature-realistic-tank-armor&p=2158632&viewfull=1#post2158632

Wait.....outside the door...in the new screenshot....

...is.....is that....new fire?

leaning left, without changing shoulder....... :/

Wow @ the new screenshot. :yay:

I'm betting it's not just for show at all. A particular helmet has been shown in videos both with and without night vision goggles attached.

Here is a new bonus screenshot from the Arma 3 Facebook page

I re-uploaded it so everyone can see it :)

FAP FAP FAP FAP

I think that screenshot was doused in Vaseline prior screen captured.

The guy leaning looks like he's actually affected by his own weight.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

That new screenshot looks slick. I wonder if we will finally have decent CQB in ArmA? :D

Blasphemy!

I'll have your head for that!

Love the new screen shots, but one question why do they have to be such low quality? Can't we start getting them in 1080p or higher because I would really love to start using them as backgrounds but there so low res that there blurry.

Is that guy in the front leaning? Like leaning with proper weight distribution?

Yea that was the first thing I noticed, proper leaning. Hellz yeah!

It looks like an empty holster to me (same as seen here), that made me sad as I really want to see the pistol shown on the model and un-holstered when in use. Raven Shield did it... ahh the memories.

leaning left, without changing shoulder....... :/

He's not Sam Fisher.

Edited by Trauma.au

He's not Sam Fisher.

Nor do you needed to be Sam Fisher to learn basic weapon manipulation.

Edited by 4 IN 1

Nor do you needed to be Sam Fisher to learn basic weapon manipulation.

Even'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA-BLy8vRIQ]Even guys on wheelchair can do it properly

Yea it was a joke, would be more work than it's worth imo.

Edit: Watched it after you fixed the link, he never shoulders it on the left...

Edited by Trauma.au

IIRC, changing from left to right grip is in already.

From the animation devblog (emphasis mine)

“Another feature worth mentioning is ‘alternate poses’, [...] With them, you can adjust to have a high/low or left/right variant to each stance. In terms of gameplay, we’d expect to see improvements in finding effective cover and being able to fire from it.â€

Edited by Scrub
added quote

Love the new screen shots, but one question why do they have to be such low quality? Can't we start getting them in 1080p or higher because I would really love to start using them as backgrounds but there so low res that there blurry.

Wait for it :icon_twisted: There usually are press kits for shows like E3, and they usually contain wallpapers. Try to ask Lord Ivan and Prince of Arma about these :icon_twisted:

IIRC, changing from left to right grip is in already.

From the animation devblog (emphasis mine)

“Another feature worth mentioning is ‘alternate poses’, [...] With them, you can adjust to have a high/low or left/right variant to each stance. In terms of gameplay, we’d expect to see improvements in finding effective cover and being able to fire from it.â€

I somehow missed that but I think it means that you can adjust your full body stance. So a low crouch vs a high crouch and perhaps an Arma 2 type lean and then the step out type lean we see in the recent screen shot. Maybe pettka can set us straight? :icon_twisted:

Try to ask Lord Ivan and Prince of Arma about these :icon_twisted:

"Prince of Arma" naah Captain Crowe!

"Prince of Arma" naah Captain Crowe!

Actually...

Oai4khp7h9w

Wow, the new screenshot looks awesome. I think i'm most excited about the fact that the fire outside isn't lighting up the entire building interior. F YEAH! :yay:

Wow, the new screenshot looks awesome. I think i'm most excited about the fact that the fire outside isn't lighting up the entire building interior. F YEAH! :yay:

This is exactly what I was thinking. Fire is close to the building but it's not illuminating the interior.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Fire is close to the building but it's not illuminating the interior.

But... wouldn't it do that in RL up to a certain extend? I mean now compared to no light at all.