Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Cant wait to see the upcoming terrain and other new stuff/optimizations this year. Looking very nice. :)

@Arma3goodCPUlowFPS, there is different staff most likely working on the terrain and the game engine. Would be fun if they would sit idle waiting some unrelated bug fixes.

Edited by SaOk

I fail to see what's interesting about that? As far as I know, most house structures in Arma have a pretty large foundation just to accomodate changes in terrain elevation. Unless you're alluding to underground structures, which would be awesome and in my opinion very much in the scope of Arma :)

Well, not alluding, more like hoping :)

I find it interesting that they decided to showcase a warehouse that comes with the foundation attached :whistle:

This leaves me hoping it's flavorful map interns of elevations and such. A foundation that big isn't surprising though. Underground? I doubt it... who knows. But for the most part, notice that structure looks very... western.

(On another not, i see wiring and two doors, i am preying that BIS finally add in some more unique interaction. I would love to be able to open/close those doors via. that remote switch.)

cough*Dayz Standalone*cough haha

but really nobody in battlefied would change his buttstock - only if he needs , he can change it only at base - its basicly change weapon in arma

so changing buttstocks on the fly would been pointless in arma

but i would rather have Quad rail support and maybe with barrel length change - since there are many guns that supports easy change barrel lengths

I'm an OCD guy, but I basically hate having the armory cluttered with all those versions of the same weapon.

Yay!

On this picture theres a menu on the right side where you can see a puzzle symbol - Could this mean that theres gonna be plugins for vehicles and aircraft? Probably a returning of the TOH helicopter customization with switchable FLIR and benches etc. ?

You also see a Texture symbol there- probably a texture menu.

If you can spawn vehicles ingame with that or at least save vehicle loadouts and load them with zeus then this is something im very looking forward to.

On this picture theres a menu on the right side where you can see a puzzle symbol - Could this mean that theres gonna be plugins for vehicles and aircraft? Probably a returning of the TOH helicopter customization with switchable FLIR and benches etc. ?

You also see a Texture symbol there- probably a texture menu.

If you can spawn vehicles ingame with that or at least save vehicle loadouts and load them with zeus then this is something im very looking forward to.

!!!

Dude, there's no AH-9 on teh menu, meaning if you select the puzzle, and it gives you the ability to add different load outs... That would be gold.

Hell, that would be so awesome! But I'm also looking forward to the attachements for that versatile helicopter family.

But don't expect too much...

I find it interesting that they decided to showcase a warehouse that comes with the foundation attached :whistle:

Basement or simply a large foundation to prevent the building from floating when placed on uneven terrain? Why would a small Warehouse have a basement? (please let it be a basement)

Alright, true. But, a new ghille and attachments, what attachments could we expect? Maybe something that can be used without NVG's? For example, a red laser beam? Or maybe a more powerful visible laser, which would be a different colour? I know AGM pulled off the simple red.

Tweet

Gonna call it and predict that one of the MMGs will be chambered with the 8.58x70mm (.338) ammunition hinted at in the concept art for the 12.7x54mm suppressed rifle.

An MMG something like the General Dynamics LWMMG, which is chambered in .338 Norma Magnum (like 8.58x70mm/.338 Lapua Magnum with a shortened case)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-i5ZabxbUieg/UNWmA_1BYwI/AAAAAAAAAE4/qkt73GevrWs/s640/LWMMG+usa.jpg

Is be good if these kicked too much to fire like Rifles and you have to support your weapon for accurate fire.

Edited by twisted

Basement or simply a large foundation to prevent the building from floating when placed on uneven terrain? Why would a small Warehouse have a basement? (please let it be a basement)

A2 buildings were the same, for the reason you mentioned.

Even though it would be cool if we were also getting underground structures. :cool:

A2 buildings were the same, for the reason you mentioned.

Even though it would be cool if we were also getting underground structures. :cool:

or underwater structures

That is already doable, just place a house beneath the sea level.

THere should be a couple mods that raise water levels of altis and stratis.

That communication improvement they were talking about, what do you think they're doing with it? Maybe that Radio will become useful instead of a dead item in inventory.

I wonder if the new ghillie suit will be a newly rigged DayZ ghillie suit (ghillie cape here), which is really well done, or if it will be a different model made from the ground up for Arma 3.

I wonder if the new ghillie suit will be a newly rigged DayZ ghillie suit (ghillie cape here), which is really well done, or if it will be a different model made from the ground up for Arma 3.

I would guess ground up. Or it could be along the same guidliens, with fitting colours for the Altis/Stratis and the new terrain... On another note though...

The 12.7×108mm round in the picture earlier, i did some searching on it, and found it's a round used by Russia, and it's former Warsaw pact, mainly found in Machine Guns, and Anti Material Rifles. It's also used in Finish defense forces Anti-Aircraft.

Weapon resting, 3D Editor... finally....... 14 years...... AI improvements too. I´m so happy right now. I´ll hopefully be able to scratch a few things from my siglist
The funny thing is, had Arma 3 had to wait for these to be in before launching as per a traditional development/release schedule, we probably wouldn't have been getting our hands onto Arma 3 until mid-2015... a game four years into development with no revenue to show for it? :o

A pity that "weapon resting" is the only feature that BI actually committed to (the 3D editor is only "prototyping"), I'd want to be hearing more of what they're aiming at but evidently BI is gun-shy about the others...

On another note though...

The 12.7×108mm round in the picture earlier, i did some searching on it, and found it's a round used by Russia, and it's former Warsaw pact, mainly found in Machine Guns, and Anti Material Rifles. It's also used in Finish defense forces Anti-Aircraft.

that round is whats currently being used by the GM6 lynx in game so I wouldn't get too excited there man. Plenty of other rounds shown in that image that aren't in game yet though so still plenty to get happy about.

That rifle looks awfully small to shoot a round like that.

More likely it fires a 7.62 round like tha zafir.

Guys - like i said many times before its 12.7x54mm , not the freaking 12.7×108mm aka huge ass bullet :D

Guys - like i said many times before its 12.7x54mm , not the freaking 12.7×108mm aka huge ass bullet :D

DarkSideSixOfficial is gonna have to chime in for confirmation, but my reply to him was in the assumption that he was speculating of the possibility of one of the as of yet not shown new weapons being a 12.7×108mm, either a heavy MG or anti material rifle due to its inclusion on the bottom right side of this imagehttp://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/scanning_2015_2.jpg

Yes the primary round shown off in said image is a 12.7×54mm but there are other items of interest as well.

Yes - like you already mentioned the 12.7x108mm is already used for GM6 Lynx so i wouldn't expect more of this type

so i expect .300 , .338 or maybe the 12.7x99mm for the new Sniper Rifles

The Akina is gonna be pretty much like the VKS Vychlop.

Both use 12.7×55mm subsonic ammo.

Seems like the Akina is gonna be a mid-range high calibre "DMR" that can be used for recon tactics because of its integral suppressor.

so i expect .300 , .338 or maybe the 12.7x99mm for the new Sniper Rifles

Oh and don't forget .408 (CheyTac?) :D