Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

really want to enjoy the shadows and performance gains, and also it fixed my launch crash issue, however, please get rid of the stuttering. i think they implanted some kind of data logger/reporting service.

What is the current beta version I haven't noticed any update for 3 days 0.51.103078.

for you it's 210.8MB ? for me it's 5GO ... what happen ?

Hmm that's really strange :confused: It seems like there are some who get the 210.8 and some who get a whooping 5GB

By the way, a few days ago I recieved en error stating there were wrong values for some "procedural texture". Perhaps these could be first tests to tackle the medium range textures problems?

edit: another 13.1MB just now

Edited by PurePassion

for you it's 210.8MB ? for me it's 5GO ... what happen ?

Oh yes me too I download 5.3 GB :s

New 210.8MB update today. Joris, you know what to do. ;)

I'd hope to see the standard branch get updated as well. As it is now, any attempt to run a mission with the non-development branch is likely to get burned by the Iffrit :)

I'd hope to see the standard branch get updated as well. As it is now, any attempt to run a mission with the non-development branch is likely to get burned by the Iffrit :)
21-03-2013

Staging the default branch update for tomorrow's deployment - changelog then

There you go :)

If there are changes worth mentioning, Yoris posts them here. Though I hope and suspect this format will change further down the line

Edited by PurePassion

Oh yes me too I download 5.3 GB :s

And i though "wth, when did i delete my whole addons folder...??". 5,3GB for me too...

Edited by Byku

There you go :)

If there are changes worth mentioning, Yoris posts them here. Though I hope and suspect this format will change further down the line

Yeah just spotted it, I have the thread subscribed but DnA is sneaky and ninja'd me :D

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

And i though "wth, when did i delete my whole addons folder...??". 5,3GB for me too... wth O.o.

You know, I would actually not put the addons into your Arma 3 directory but rather into My Documents\Arma 3 Alpha, since that will be untouchable by Steam (I think).

Yes, same for me, Steam deleted my ArmA 3 folder and downloaded the whole content (6.9 GB) again last night. What has happened?

I adpted my controls, Grenade is now 2xG ^^

Middle mouse button. For me that is. Works great because all controls I need to actually kill someone in the game are all on my mouse. G is now the key to switch weapon modes (semi, burst, auto, underbarrel attachment). F key is to use stuff or to select menu stuff. I is inventory. Works great.

Just discovered that the map has been changed in an update as well. At the moment, I only found new/more vegetation. Sightseeing tour continues :)

Are you checking above land only? what about under the sea? ;)

Yeah I just downloaded the 360 or so MB.

You know what would be great? A changelog here or on A3 Website. I couldn´t find it anywhere. I would really really LOVE to know what even the smallest patches are fixing/changing.

That would be great.